“Quaint Hotel”

Ranked #920 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Quaint Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in July. Had a nice spacious room overlooking the street but still quiet. Great location for exploring Paris. Metro just around the corner. Breakfast very nice and the staff were very helpful especially Helena who helped with our room and advice on where to go. Quaint old hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shiner12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Recommended by a Parisian who said that is where he puts all his visitors to Paris and can see why. Old but delightful with an engaging and helpful staff. Large room on the fourth floor overlooking the courtyard. The desk personnel made great recommendations for our dinning. Location is just 2-3 blocks from the Louvre, a 5 minute walk to Notre Dame, and 3 blocks to the lively St Germain night life. Met many guests from the US who are frequent visitors to Paris and that was their go to hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dchoran
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

we have always stayed in St. Germaine and this time decided on the D'angleterre. Be careful how you perceive the images on the net. Understandably this hotel was not expensive but it doesn't mean that it should be dirty. On arrival we were lead to our room facing the courtyard which meant that one could not open the windows. our bath had long black hair in the plug hole and on the shower mixer and the toilet pipes were filthy. I took one of the hotel towels and cleaned it off myself. I alerted the reception straight away but nothing was done. When we got into bed that night there was a large footprint on the sheet. I had to sleep on my gown. I spoke to the manager the next morning who informed me that we were no other rooms, so we moved out the hotel. I feel we should not have been charged for the night, I was happy to pay for breakfast and feel I should get a refund. I could not walk on the floor barefoot, the whole experience was grubby. be careful

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alison r
Rémy S, Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, Saint Germain des Pres, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

We are truly sorry for this mishap.
This kind of situation is intolerable and extremely rare in our institution.
After investigating the situation we found a lack of vigilance with our extra staff. This is unacceptable, I understand you.
The person you met was not the manager but I am sure he did his best to find a solution although the hotel was fully booked.
I am offering you a full refund of your 1 night stay. You will be contacted as soon as possible to proceed to the refund.
Please again accept our apologies.
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights, nice location close to restaurants, metro, landmarks. Hotel staff so courteous and helpful. This is an old hotel, so has its quirks. The only reason I would not stay again is that there are so many quaint places to explore. Nice breakfast in the mornings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank marilyn f
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent five nights at this wonderful, charming hotel and have nothing but praise for the staff, facilities, and location. Paris is at your feet in this wonderful spot, restaurants everywhere nearby. Reception staff were wonderful and assisted us with directions, phone calls, and tips for getting around the city. I'm still missing the breakfast: coffee, croissants, perfect eggs, cheeses, and more.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room facing the quiet courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Barbara W
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed four nights at the Hotel d'Angleterre and were very impressed. The next time I'm in Paris, I'd certainly book this hotel again. The location is really hard to beat. It's just a short walk to the Seine and all the shopping and restaurants of Saint Germain des Pres. We walked all over Paris from here but also enjoyed just hanging out in the immediate neighborhood, which is charming and lovely.

Our room was absolutely huge. It was easily twice the size of any other hotel room I've had in Paris. I was not expecting this kind of space, which is truly rare in Paris. The toilet and bath were in separate rooms, and the room with the toilet was so small as to be hilarious, but it worked just fine. The room with the bath and shower was spacious. The rooms are not completely updated, but they don't feel old in a bad way and they're very clean. I was looking for something with a bit of French charm, and not a sterile business hotel, and that is exactly what the Hotel d'Angleterre provides. We loved it. We had a small TV (never used, too busy outside enjoying Paris), a large dresser, desk and big wardrobe with plenty of space for our things. Our room had very high ceilings and tall windows you could open which overlooked the courtyard. It was quiet both day and night.

I really love the courtyard at the Hotel d'Angeleterre. It's the perfect place to sit with a book and cup of coffee. On our way back to the hotel after sightseeing, we would stop by Laduree down the block and then come sit in the courtyard to enjoy a macaron or two. It's a great feature of this hotel. We also found everyone at the front desk very helpful and polite, even when we accidentally locked our room key inside our room. They helped us with restaurant recommendations and airport shuttle reservations. They always had a smile and "Bonjour!" when we walked through the door. Overall, very nice. I've stayed in a number of hotels in Paris and this is my favorite so far.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Erin74
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Typically Parisian charm-hotel, with the warmest welcome! Nice little garden , comfortabel bedding room with garden view. Carpark 2 minutes walk..not a modern 4-star, but a great 3-star charming typical Paris-style hotel. Did miss a mini-bar though, but drinks are being served 24hrs at the bar, to take up to your room.Lots of great restaurants just outside. Recommended!

• Stayed April 2014