My wife and I spent 5 delightful days here (room 20). My wife had seen the hotel on a prior trip and thought it looked cute. Our room was on the streetside, but on the 5th floor AND with double windows. We did not notice street noise. The room was plenty large, room for a small table and chairs (where we could have baguette and cheese). (I was pleasantly surprised thoughout France that the beds were firm and comforable.) Bath was ample and modern. Staff was friendly (one woman had the French reserve, but warmed when you spoke with her). Elevator is small (that's what you get in smaller Paris hotels). Location can't be beat -- 2-3 blocks from the Seine and across it to the Louvre. 2 block to the heart of Saint Germain. Free wifi worked like a charm (you just get the code from the front desk; it changes every 3 days or so).
An interesting side note. On the building next door there is a rather nondescript plaque, probably 18 in x 18 in (1/2 m. x 1/2 m.) Roughly translated it says, on this spot in 1783 the representative from England and Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin for the United States signed the Treaty of Paris giving the United States its independence! Apparently, the event does not rate much more in the Pantheon of history that abounds in Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming 3-star hotel in the heart of Saint Germain des Pres, family owned since 1962. We offer a choice of standard rooms (small and economical), some superior rooms and a few family rooms. All our bedrooms feature private facilities; they vary in size and comfort according to their rates; all the rooms are very personalized (with cable-TV, telephone, individual safe). The entire hotel is air-conditioned except our standard rooms. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel du Danube St. Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Du Danube St Germain
- Du Danube St Germain Hotel