“Enjoyed our stay.”

Hotel du Danube St. Germain
Ranked #704 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 21 November 2013

During a girl's trip, a friend and I stayed here for three nights at the end of October. The location was great and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable, especially the bathroom. The double windows did a great job of blocking out the street noise. Our only real complaint would be the lack of lighting in the room. The lamps were very dim, and we literally used our cell phone flashlights to dig through our luggage in the evenings. Other than that, it was a lovely room and we were very pleased with it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are all happy to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you again one day in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My mother and I traveled to Paris for a week-long vacation and stayed at this lovely little hotel just 5 minutes from the Louvre. The left bank location couldn't have been better, we had easy access to all of Paris. The hotel staff were wonderful, they helped us with restaurant recommendations, reservations and taxis, and were always welcoming and gracious. They even put up with my halting attempts to speak French, which took a lot of patience. The rooms were comfortable and quiet, breakfast was cozy and delicious and served by very friendly staff. The rates were very fair and reasonable, especially given the excellent location. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 99Heather_S
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write and post these kind comments about Hotel Danube here on TripAdvisor and we are grateful for recommending our property.

My team and I are truly waiting to welcome you and your family again here at Hotel du Danube during your next visit to come.

With my warmest regards

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is a great hotel for the money in a great location. Literally from the moment we arrived to when we left, the staff was quite friendly and always willing to offer suggestions. On more than one occasion we had either a walking or Metro route in mind, but wanted to confirm it with the person at the front desk. Thankfully, almost every time he had a better alternative that was more direct or more convenient.

As far as the room itself, we had a Comfort Room, which was plenty sufficient for our needs. We were out the door by 9:00 each morning we were in Paris and didn't get back to our room until at least 22:00 each night, so we didn't need a large, luxurious room. My only complaints, albeit minor ones, would be that (1) the shower should have a door and (2) the pillows were uncomfortable. The shower was in the corner of the bathroom and was bordered by walls on two sides and a third side was a frosted glass partition that extended almost to the ceiling and the. The fourth side was left open to the rest of the bathroom. This wasn't a problem with regards to privacy; rather, it was an effort to keep the shower water from spraying on the bathroom floor. The pillows were a little more of a disappointment as their discomfort affected our sleep. I understand pillows are a personal preference, so someone else might think the same pillows are perfect. We were able to make due, but they certainly left something to be desired.

Aside from maybe wanting to stay in a different part of the city the next time we visit, I would certainly put the Hotel du Danube on the short list of hotels to consider on our next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RMIgolfer
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear guest,

It is really nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Paris and hopefully my team and I will have the opportunity to welcome you again here at Hotel du Danube. Also we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you mention but at the same time we do thank you for drawing them to our attention.

We look forward to welcome you as soon as possible!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

As a solo traveller in Paris, it was comforting to have somewhere to stay that was convenient, safe and had very helpful friendly staff. I had a small but lovely room including free wifi. The old elevator was very reliable and unique (floors included, 2/3 and 3/4). The staff were always happy to help me with directions, calling a cab and really anything else I needed. The location was fantastic, close to everything and close to several metro stops which were easy to navigate. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review and sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again one day in the future!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have stayed at this lovely little hotel perhaps 7 times over the past 10 years. It has gone through a much needed renovation ( no more AstroTurf in the courtyard!) and we just love it. The location is ideal, it's relatively quiet and the staff is very helpful. The room we love is simply decorated but has a small terrace which we actually use quite a bit.

Room Tip: We always stay in the same room and love it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ira S
58DANUBE, Assistant de Direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear sir,

Your comments regarding your stay with us are really wonderful to read. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review.

We truly hope that you will return to stay with us again during your next visit to Paris!

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed in this gem of a hotel at least ten times and found nothing but joy.

As a business traveler, it has all of the amenities one would expect of a hotel for far more money.

As a tourist hotel, its location is utterly superb. It is steps from Blvd. St. Germaine yet sits quietly nestled away on Rue Jacob. It is seconds from the Metro.

The staff is helpful and friendly. I give my highest recommendation to this romantic and purely Parisian delight. (It proves that this "star" system is very silly. The Du Danube is five stars to me!)

Not to be a snob but...if anyone wants bacon, eggs, and tour groups in the lobby, the Hilton would love to see you!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Tananarive1
58DANUBE, Assistant de Direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write such a glowing review about Hotel Danube and we are all deeply grateful for recommending our property. to others.

My team and myself are waiting to welcome you again soon!

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I booked rooms for 5 business colleagues for 3 nights in September. The beds were lumpy and hard with a plastic sheet underneath. The carpet in the hallways and on the stairs was frayed, stained and worn. The worst was the smell in the bathroom. The stench of mold was so strong we could not use the shower. We used the toilet only with a towel covering our nose. We told the hotel and they responded quickly enough by spraying room freshener, but the smell was back a few hours later. The last morning of our stay, we realized that $200 + 20 Euro had been stolen from the room. Never again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MWFNewYork
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Mademoiselle,

Following your recent stay with us I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your room as we have always had terrific feedback about that specific room from our guests. Since that room is so popular in our fully refurbished property and is often booked many weeks in advance I cannot understand your point of view and I am sorry that it wasn't to your liking.

As for the money, you should still remember that I made it absolutely clear to you before you left the hotel by using our pocket PC – a micro computer which keeps track of all operations made on the door lock as well as on the safe - that nobody else except yourself used your safe nor entered into your room. Therefore, your money was supposed to be stolen somewhere else out of the hotel. Once again, my team and myself are deeply sorry for that.