“Great hotel in a perfect location!”

Hotel Verneuil Saint-Germain
Ranked #90 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel was just what we wanted in our Paris hotel. The location is ideal, our room on the 2nd floor was extremely comfortable, and the staff could not have been more helpful...especially Isabelle who assisted us both prior to our arrival as well as during our too short stay. The metro stop is very close, and we loved being so close to St. Germain for it's shopping and restaurants. The Hotel Verneuil will definitely be our hotel for our next trip to Paris!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The location is super close to the metro and not a bad walk -- even with luggage in tow. Just across the river from the Louvre, we couldn't have asked for a better spot away from the hustle of tourist madness (I actually wasn't prepared for just HOW insanely overrun with tourists Paris was). We were greeted by the warmest woman at reception (although besides her, the rest of the front desk staff was not as nice) and the most friendly, wonderful porter. They surprised us upon arrival with the absolute loveliest birthday dessert for my boyfriend. It was so special. Just another added touch that made our stay so wonderful.

The room was the tiniest room i've ever stayed in; however they made the most out of the space as possible. (One slightly awkward thing is that, because the room is so small, the bed faces the bathroom -- the bathroom which has a partially frosted glass door! So basically I couldn't HELP but see my boyfriend on the toilet on our super romantic getaway. Not leaving much to the imagination there.) Everything had been newly refurbished and felt high-quality and totally adorable.

We looked right out onto Rue de Verneuil and Serge Gainsbourg's former residence. Our french doors opened up to let in some much needed ventilation, but it was actually quite lovely and very Parisian.

The amenities in the room were fantastic!! The L'Occitane makeup remover and ultra rich face cream went above and beyond your basic shampoo, conditioner, shower cap options. That was a huge treat and actually introduced me to products I might not have ever tried on my own; now I want to purchase them! The bottles of water in the evening were just another thoughtful detail the hotel provided.

One slight bummer was they require you turn in your key each time you leave the hotel. Kind of silly if you just want to run down the block for some macarons and also kind of annoying if you're not in the mood to talk to anyone (like I said, beyond the initial lovely woman at reception, the rest of the staff left a bit to be desired).

Nice design, high taste-levels and high quality prevails at this small, adorable hotel which is an oasis from the grit of Paris we experienced out on the streets. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The loft room on 5th floor (despite booking request for 4th floor) was small, low ceilings, lacked natural airflow, inadequate size (loft) window and if open window risk of street noise...all not conducive to a restful sleep. The manager did allow change to a larger room (No 100) with airflow from light well through large window which was more suitable for a good nights sleep. The hotel is in a great position close to some reasonably priced restaurants/ bars (still expensive by Australian standards...light dinner for 2 expect $A100 bill). Reception staff are polite and helpful. Housekeeping a little slack as water and toiletries not replenished daily and on an ad hoc basis

Room Tip: Request room 100 or I believe on 4th floor is good. Suggest do not accept 5th floor room
2  Thank jwd140447
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Verneuil quite a few times and I am always very happy to be there. The location is great for both sides of the river and the service provided is excellent. Decor is very stylish and fresh with the most comfortable beds I have slept in for a long time. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a small boutique hotel on a quiet street in the St Germain area (and quiet can be a little difficult to find in Paris). The staff are very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a deluxe room which I would recommend as I overheard someone staying in a standard that is was quite small. The beds are very comfortable, the room obviously well kept and clean and the bathrooms are modern and clean.The breakfast was adequate but not much more. But overall this is a hotel that we would return to and which we highly recommend.

2  Thank Kenbob
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The apartment Mazarine was spacious , beautiful and very clean. The large bedroom had a view of the Eiffel Tower and it looked beautiful lit up at night .
The location could not have been better .
Sandrine was extremely helpful and gave us excellent restaurant suggestions.
There are many steps up to the apt which may be a problem for some people.
We highly recommend this place to stay .

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was my fourth visit to Hotel Verneuil and although my room this time was very very small, this gracious establishment still had the ambience and quality of previous rooms. Breakfast served in the basement cave is excellent. The staff at this hotel are friendly and extremely helpful. Location is sensational – near to the Seine, the hotel is in walking distance to Ile Saint Louis, the Louvre, and Rue de Tivoli and beyond. I generally have a good lunch, and, in early evening after a vin blanc at the tiny bar on the corner of Rue du Verneuil and Rue Du Bac, I buy my evening meal at a nearby local deli (fantastic food) on Rue de Verneuil. I suppose my only gripe about the hotel, and it is a precious one, is that returning guests are not given some sort of acknowledgement for their continued patronage, a small bottle of wine, or fruit for example, and a greeting card. Having said that I will return again and again to this lovely, small establishment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo