“Great Location, clean, but….”

Hotel Verneuil Saint-Germain
Ranked #86 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband & I just returned from a short stay at this hotel. If we could, we've give it 2.5 stars.

Pros: The location is great, linens are great & it is clean. If you are someone for whom location matters most & you just want a room to sleep in because you'll be out all day, or if you're someone for whom the room/hotel doesn't really matter, as long as it's clean & close to what you want to do, then this hotel could suffice. We prefer something more. Where we stay - as in the hotel itself - matters to us, and is a significant part of our experience when traveling.

There are great restaurants/shops in the area, so getting to & fro, is easy.

Cons: The rooms are tiny. Very tiny. We had a deluxe room on the 5th floor. It was also very dark. The walls were a taupe color and w/ the short windows, it made for a dark room, which probably added to the cramped feeling. But there's no getting around how tiny the room was. Our bathroom was so small you could not put your toiletries anywhere, where they could be place, so you could tend your ablutions w/out getting them wet. We only had a shower, which was easy enough to get in & out of. But we prefer to have the shower/bathtub combo/option. The walls were paper thin. We heard everything our next door neighbor said & did, and I'm she heard the same w/ us. We had no desire to relax in our room after a day of sightseeing, before heading to dinner, because it was so small & cramped, and lacked any relaxing ambiance. This is important for us because we do enjoy resting/relaxing/refreshening after a day of sightseeing so we can be fresh & rejuvenated for dinner. If this is not important to you, then this criteria will be irrelevant. But if it is, please note.

We would not stay here again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a quiet street with a perfect location in St. Germain, this property is a gem. Immaculate and well-appointed with an incredibly helpful and friendly staff...each and every one. Easy walk to the Musee D'Orsay, the Louvre, L'Orangerie and the Jeu de Paume. I could not have been happening with my stay. Thanks for the staff and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Excellent hotel located in the heart of Paris. What makes this truly exceptional, however, apart from it being beautifully and very tastefully furnished, is the professionalism of the staff, and the fact that telephone calls made from your room to anywhere in the world are absolutely free!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Audrey W
Reviewed 18 November 2013

First of all, you can't beat the location of this hotel. Right in the heart of St Germain, from where you can walk to many, many attractions.
Also, the design of this hotel is great. The rooms are small (but aren't all rooms in Paris?), but very well appointed (we had a Club Room). And the rooms look great, with loads of eye for detail.
The bathroom is VERY small, but that's ok. Also because of the looks and the fact that the shower is actually quite big for the small space.
But the beds…I don't know. They were quite hard. Very nice to just rest for a few minutes (I loved the bed then), but my back did not appreciate a full night on it.
We had a room at the front of the hotel, which caused a bit of noise, but the most noise I heard was from the other guests. From the old fashioned keys (yes, some hotels still use those!) which you have to hand in every time you leave the hotel, but also the doors, the talking…I know this is also a common problem in hotels in Paris, but it's still annoying.
One last 'complaint': the wifi. You had to log in a lot, and it was quite slow (I could not even log in to Safari from my iPhone).
We did not take the breakfast, but their breakfast room in the basement just looked lovely. And 16 euros per person might sound like a lot of money, but I am not sure if you can find a full breakfast for any less around the hotel, so should I ever return, I would take the breakfast.
Lovely place, but not 100% sure if I will return.

Room Tip: Take a room on a higher floor. We had one above reception, which you could hear once and a while. Al...
1  Thank CharshankRedemption
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The location of the Hotel It's perfect a few steps from Paris main attractions. The size of the rooms is ok, since we are talking about Paris.
There are members of the staff that are very polite and efficient, but not of them.
The room had a moldy smell, we've said it in the reception and they scented the room and brought a candle.
There is a lack of sound proof in the rooms.

4  Thank M P
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I had an excellent 1 night stay in Hotel Verneuil- cozy and romantic design, comfortable Paris size room, perfect location (across the street from Serge Ginzburg's house in St. Germain), nice staff, L'occitane products in the bath... What more do you need?

1  Thank Roni L
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Super friendly staff and very cosy hotel in the middle of one of the best areas in Paris!
I had a fantastic stay at this typically French boutique hotel! The staff were really friendly and attentive to the client's needs without being 'in your face'.
My room was ready early upon arrival, it was spotless and full of little details that make you feel at home straight away. I loved the breakfast room! It is so beautiful and the coffee was exactly how I wanted it (means a lot to me!).
As for the location, if you are into art and fashion, then you can't ask for more. The area is full of boutiques and art galleries as well as being a short walk from the main touristic attractions such as the Louvre and the Seine.
All in all, I can only highly recommend the hotel!