“Charming, affordable hotel in St Germain-des-Pres”

Hotel Verneuil Saint-Germain
Ranked #72 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I had room 103 upstairs from the lobby. Yes, the bedroom is small (and cozy), but we managed with no issues, and the price was very affordable for this area of Paris ($360 per night). The hotel is located on a quiet, side street. The bathroom was of decent size. You were given a complimentary bottle of mineral water. The toiletries were high quality (L'Occitane). We liked the ledge in the bathroom above the sink for storing our toilet articles. There were lots of hangers in the closet. However, there are no shelves or drawers for clothes. The heat from the in-room refrigerator heats up the interior of the safe which is directly above it. There is a small elevator, but it only serves floors 1-5 (not the reception area). We thought the continental breakfast in the basement was too expensive (16E per person), so we found some local, artisan boulangeries instead (delicious food). My only complaint was that we arrived late at night, and had to endure a "geography" lecture from the gentleman in reception about the center of Paris.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Verneuil Saint-Germain

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Beautifully renovated boutique hotel accommodation! It was such an amazing experience staying in a 17century building. We have booked a deluxe room on the top floor, extremely small but the location is unbeatable. Walking distance to all the 6 and 7 arr and we feel like we are local Parisians! The amazing breakfast spread creates a fantastic start to our day - nothing too fancy, although not a lot of variety but amazing local produces.

Room Tip: Deluxe room, top floor (level 5)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Passionfruitpavlova
Reviewed 30 May 2014

With an intimate feel, this small hotel is in a superb location, an easy walk to the Seine and the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre as well as chic St Germain des Pres for a coffee at Cafe de Flore or Les Deux Magots. Staff are friendly and welcoming and the breakfast, in a charming barrel-vaulted room, is a great start to the day. Though the rooms are quite compact - as is normally the case in Paris - they are well equipped and nicely decorated. We opted for a deluxe room which had a slightly larger floorplan - we felt it was worth it. The concierge is very helpful with restaurant ideas and can make reservations. A lovely option in the heart of Paris.

Room Tip: Opt for a deluxe room on a high floor for a bit more space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very well located little hotel in the heart of Saint Germain des Près, 15 minutes away from the Musée Rodin, a short walk to Ile de la Cité and Musée d'Orsay le Louvre or the Tuileries gardens; very friendly staff, rooms are small but very romantic, no noise coming from busy Paris ( but some from our immediate Neighbors) lots of good restaurants around.

Room Tip: on top floor!
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Fantastic hotel, really a 4.7 star experience: staff is lovely, the location really cannot be beat, it's immaculately clean (extremely important. And Iran, immaculate), I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Paris. Feel so lucky to have had the pleasure of being at Verneuil for a week and would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

An exquisite little hotel where great attention to detail has been paid. I stayed in one of the smallest rooms for two nights a couple of weeks ago. My expectations were met in every way, from the pleasant greeting by the driver who picked me up at the airport (arranged by the hotel), to the warm greeting by the man on duty at midnight who took my carry on suitcase up the first flight of stairs to the elevator and wished me good night. The room faced onto Rue Verneuil and the window opened to see interesting chimney pots across the street. When I am in small spaces I like to pretend I am on a lovely small yacht - this room was outfitted like one. Comfy bed, square pillows (as is common in France) good lighting by the bed, crisp cotton high quality white sheets and duvet, a luggage rack, tiny table and chair and a 42 inch screen on the wall in front of the bed. The bathroom was beauitfully outfitted with high quality rain shower and towels and L'Occitane toiletries, two white bathrobes and slippers were found in the closet as well as a small bar fridge with real wine and drink glasses - no plastic in this hotel!
I slept well as the street is very quiet with little car traffic. People who have commented on it being noisy, I believe are referring to voices they hear in the street, not traffic noise. This is part of life and in my experience of staying on this street three other times, it seems Friday and Saturday nights the young people walking home late at night can sometimes be a little noisy - singing usually - which I found charming! With the windows closed and quiet air conditioning you have complete silence.
A delicious breakfast was delivered to the room both days for me as I was jet lagged and enjoy room service so I can't comment on the breakfast room. The lounge in the lobby was most appreciated at the end of the day and having that lovely space with honour bar for drinks, certainly makes up for small rooms. I was served tea one afternoon.
All in all, I would return to Hotel Verneuil in a heartbeat. The location is fabulous and the people who own this hotel have taken great care to give their guests a wonderful experience for what I believe is a very fair price. I had to stay in another hotel not far from this one for a couple of nights on my return through Paris (because Hotel Verneuil was booked) and I kept comparing all the wonderful touches of Hotel Verneuil that this other hotel simply didn't have and Hotel Verneuil was the same price - with breakfast included! Thank you to all the staff I encountered. You made my stay a wonderful memory.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank clmbch
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Verneuil in Paris for 3 nights. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were wonderful. Rooms are extremely nice, breakfast was delicious! Great location to walk to many of the sights. This was our first stay in Paris and we will most definitely be back and will stay at the Hotel Verneuil. Thank you to the staff for their kind attention to every detail. They gave wonderful dinner recommendations and were always there with a smile to answer any questions we had.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room on the 3rd floor facing the street and it was very nice.