“Fun find in Paris”

Ranked #36 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Fun find in Paris”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great neighborhood, all you need is here. The outstanding thing about the hotel is that it has lots of seating areas (outside and in) to hang out . I've stayed several times and each room was super clean and comfy, though I would say the rooms are large by Paris standards. Staff is very efficient. I have found the package rates to be the better deal, especially the one with the car pickup from the airport. This one is a winner!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank NYtravelcriticintl
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your nice comment.

Our Grand Salon as well as our newly renovated inner courtyard does make a difference, especially since you can enjoy our jazz concerts in three ways: In the Café Laurent where the concerts are being held, in our courtyard behind closed doors and in immediate proximity with Café Laurent or in our Grand Salon - the experiences are all different....

It is always nice to read that our guests like to return to Hotel d'Aubusson!

Andreas Spove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A hotel with character, excellent staff in a great location close to the heart of St Germain. A great find.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us and fellow travellers.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We returned to the Hotel d'Aubusson for the third time this past November. On earlier visits to Paris, we had stayed at different hotels each time, but since finding the d'Aubusson we haven't stayed anywhere else. The staff is always unfailingly polite and helpful. There was a misunderstanding about which rooms have king beds, and I mistakenly booked a room with a double bed, but when I talked to the front desk staff they were so nice. They were able to move us to a larger room w/ a king bed at no additional cost. We also had a note welcoming us back, w/ a bottle of champagne, when we returned to our room after dinner that night. The concierge was a great help in confirming dinner reservations, via email exchanges before we arrived and in person during our stay. I also want to note that even the rooms facing the rue Dauphine are very quiet. I am a light sleeper, so a quiet room is important to me. The sound proofing is so good that you never hear street noise.

The bar off the lobby has such a warm, cozy atmosphere. My husband and I enjoyed having a drink there before dinner in the evening, before it got crowded w/ people enjoying the life music. We will try to spend more time there on our next visit!

One practical tip, especially for women--the hair dryers in the rooms are really difficult to use for styling your hair. Rather than an on/off switch, you have to keep a button on the handle pushed in for it to be "on". Try to mimic this the next time you are styling your hair w/ a blow dryer, with a brush in one hand, and you will quickly see how painful/impossible it is. The dryer turns off everytime you move your hand. Bring a little dual voltage travel dryer if this is important to you.

Our thanks and appreciation to all the staff. We look forward to many return visits.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FGM-VA
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are very grateful. It is such a pleasure to read positive comments from repeat guests, it only validates the efforts our staff make on a daily basis to ensure that they feel like Hotel d'Aubusson is their home away from home.

I would like to repond on your comment regarding the hair dryer, which by the way is quite powerful. The reason why we have hairdryers that don't have a button that remains pressed is for safety reasons. The french legislation imposes certain conditions depending on how far the tub is from the electrical socket, the lenght of the power chord etc.

However, we do have hairdryers that are more powerful and with buttons, that we lend to guests that will blowdry their hair outside of the bathroom...

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the future and remain,

Sincerely yours,

milan, italy
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Conveniently located in the Left Bank, cozy bar and reception area, room on the smallish side (but that's usual in Paris) facing the street (excellent insulation). Jazz concerts can be annoying, if you don't like that kind of music or if you're in the mood for an early sleep. Private garage at a reasonable daily rate. Overall, good value for money (if you get a good rate).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lucaerrante
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Hotel d'Aubusson is one of the last remaining places where you can enjoy Jazz and its variations on the left bank of Paris. We offer Duo's with just piano and vocals, trio's on thursdays and quartet's on fridays and saturdays, featuring special guests and keeping it very classic .
This is generally a very rare and appreciated feature of the Hotel. These concerts finish around midnight and adds a very special and cosy ambience to the hotel.

Mr Christian Brenner, our "Master of Ceremonies", does a great job in rotating the members of his trio orchestra so that the local guests who come every week gets something different every night.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comment with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel d'Aubusson in the future.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 January 2012

For our third visit to Aubusson in the last decade, we had two suites for two couples. The service was excellent again, the romance package included champagne lunch and Seine boat ride, decent breakfast, and the location in Paris could not be better. Quality live jazz in the evenings (Wed-Sat) is a competitive plus. The positive review in a recent Conde Nast feature is understandable. Charming, quality, 6th Arrondissement trappings without 8th Arrondissement-style snobbery.

Room Tip: Select an upper-floor room as street noise can be an issue in the city.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JorjeJaj
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and impressions with us and fellow travelers.

We are thrilled to read that your stay with us was such a success.

As you mentioned in your comment, we are very proud to have been voted on to the Conde Nast Gold list 2012. It is a very big distinction and we do everything we can, everyday, to meet the standards of excellence that has become our trademark.

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel d'Aubusson and we look forward to many more!

Genral Manager
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We booked a loft suite, queen bed, living room wh bedroom upstairs at D'Aubusson and when we arrived, we were down a family room, 10' X 12', double bed, with a 6' X 10' loft with a single bed and a big fan. When we complained, we were told it was the only room left, holiday season and all that. Two of us couldn't walk around the room at the same time. All this for 515 Euros. When we checked out a few days later and asked for a rate adjustment, we were met with a Gaelic shrug.

However, to their credit, after a howl from our travel agent, they graciously refunded our stay. Public rooms were lovely and location superb, but be careful what you bet.

Room Tip: Most left bank hotels have small rooms so if you aren't prepared to pop for a jr suite or loft s...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank ANSH90210
ManagerAubusson, General Manager at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,

After reading your comment, I must admit that I find it rather dissapointing.

Let me take the opportunity to address some of the points that you mentioned:

After having proposed different room categories to your travel agent, we finally received a request for a duplex room. It is clearly indicated on our website that this kind of room is ideal for families travelling together (as we can lodge 3-4 persons in that room category).

We received a specific request from your travel agent, asking us for a duplex room with the bathroom and bedroom on the main floor and a living room on the upper floor, as per your request, which we honored.

Your friends that were traveling with you had also requested a duplex room, however, the remaining duplex room has a completely different layout with the bedroom upstairs and living room & bathroom on the main floor, inevitably making the room look more spacious...However, their room was not what you had requested.

After checking in at the hotel, it is true that you came back to the reception asking if we had a bigger room available and we kindly informed you that we were fully booked over the holidays and therefore unable to accomodate that request, but that we could change rooms for your last night. To us it was more of a question than a complaint, none the same,we had no other rooms available.

After you left the hotel and as soon as your travel agent informed us that you were not happy with your stay, I immediately adressed the matter by sending you an e-mail. As i explained in that e-mail to you, we work very hard to maintain our excellent reputation of customer care and professionalism, and I can simply not believe that you received a "gaelic shrug" from any member of my staff !

It has never happened in the past and is definately not the way we treat our guests at Hotel d'Aubusson!

The bottom line is that you left feeling that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and as a token of our devotion to customer satisfaction, I extended you the courtesy to give you the choice of a refund or a free stay with us in a Junior Suite and you unfortunately chose to not give us a second chance to prove that our reputation is well deserved.

It is most regrettable.

New Delhi,India
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This was my second stay at this Hotel. My wife and I were arriving and leaving by different flights. The Hotel had a Winter Package whereby a one way transfer from the airport was included. I sent no less than 6 successive e mails explaining that we wanted to use this for my wife's drop to the airport . Each time they got it wrong and arranged the limo for my pick up/departure /her pick up. Everything but what we were very clearly asking for . Secondly, another person in the Concierge -an American , seemed to have an attitude for some inexplicable reason. Thirdly,We stayed for 6 nights- on the last night - there was only 1 person at the Reception and the Printer was out of paper. I wanted to print my web check in, but this 1 person was missing for an hour, leaving the Reception totally unmanned. I was told that he was attending to someone's Room Service order . Other than the above, the Hotel still continues to be good and worth staying in, if one wants to stay on the Left Bank

Room Tip: Try get a room that has a view of Rue Christine
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Honeygatherer
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us.

This kind of constructive criticism is what makes us learn from our mistakes and improve the services that did not meet our clients expectations.

Your loyalty and business is important to us and I would like to extend you the courtesy of an answer to each of the different points you brought up:

1. I have had the pleasure of working with Royce for the last 6 years and he has always proven to be a hard working and reliable employee, with excellent comments from our guests. During this time, I have never had bad feedback regarding his attitude or appearance and I must admit that I am very surprised by your comments regarding his “unpleasant attitude”…I have informed him of your comments and he joins me in expressing regret that his attitude may have been perceived as unpleasant. He certainly did not intend to come across as being unpleasant.

2. Regarding the confirmation of the transfer that was included in your package, I can only apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding that required you to answer on multiple occasions. My explanation would be that three members of staff answered your different e-mails and did not communicate with each other regarding dates & timing with this particular pick-up. Unfortunately it reflects a certain lack of professionalism which is highly unusual for Hotel d’Aubusson. We are putting everything in place in order to avoid for such an error to happen again in the future.

3. I understand that the wording of what is included in our packages, in this case - the tea time, can be misleading and will be rectified immediately.

4. The last point is the incident you describe concerning the night watchman. We have strict rules and regulations regarding leaving the desk unmanned for whatever reason, at whatever time of the day. Due to the size of our establishment, we only have one night watchman on duty per night which means that as from 11.30 PM, there is only one person at the front desk. The other members of staff, still present at that time of night, would be the bar staff, until approx 01.00 AM. Past that hour, if there is room service to serve, it is the night watchman that prepares the order and serves the meal as well. You were unfortunate to need his assistance at that time, however, would you please give me some more details in this regard as I wish to find out exactly what happened.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the fact that your stay with us was not entirely satisfactory, and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel d’Aubusson so that we can prove to you that the misfortunes encountered were strictly accidental.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

With my very best regards,