“Most Caring and Professional Staff in all of Paris--Best Location Too!”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #32 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Most Caring and Professional Staff in all of Paris--Best Location Too!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was our second stay at this very stylish hotel in the heart of Paris. Having been to Europe and especially to France on numerous occasions, we consider this special gem our home away from home. When we come, we generally settle in for ten days. With this time
schedule, there is no need to rush, and we can approximate living "a la francais"
The hotel's location is superb, relatively quiet yet within walking distance to Notre Dame, St.Chapelle, the Louvre, the Musee d' Orsay, the wonderful Blvd, Saint Germain, the Bon Marche, the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Garnier. We were able to obtain opera tickets for "Lucia" at Opera Bastille before we left the States as well as reservations to the legendary Taillevent Restaurant. In addition, other special requests were attended to through the efforts of Jean, the Chief Concierge. All the staff that we met should be acknowledged for
their gracious and professionally competent service. In addition to Jean, these staff members
make Hotel d'Aubusson the treasure that it is: Audry, Coralie, Oral, Flavian, Royce, Roshan,
Clement, and Pierre Antoine. A sincere "Thank You" to each of you for making our stay with
you a memory till we come again.--this time to once again relive this experience anew.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JFC90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel D'Abusson is situated in the heart of Saint Germain in the heart of Paris. We loved our room with high ceilings, wood beams, and beautiful fabrics. The staff at this charming hotel was extraordinary and went out of their way to ensure that we had great experiences and terrific meals. It was a pleasure returning to the hotel after our late dinners to find incredible jazz ensembles. One night there was a surprise singer who joined them who was fabulous! I would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back to Paris and stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room at the start if trip - gorgeous and facing an inner courtyard. A week lat...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Bath tub is narrow for taking a shower and when exiting you have to be careful not to slip.
Our stay was September 22 to September 26th.
They only serve a buffet breakfast which is very good.
Windows facing the street both in front and the right side can be very noisy in the morning due to truck deliveries.
We were very impressed with the complementary wine tasting between 5:00 and 6:00P.M.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Chose a room not facing a street if possible..
1 Thank joy6190
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Background:I've stayed here at least two times. Love the location. The rooms I had, especially the Grand Luxe with a courtyard view, were wonderful. Ditto staff and elegant public rooms. So, thought it would be a good idea for my husband to enjoy this hotel on my recent trip. Here's what happened.

1. Checked in too late to get a courtyard view for my Grand Luxe room (booked six months in advance).. For years this room choice has been advertising either a Rue Christine or Courtyard view. However, I got a Rue Dauphine view, meaning that my windows were never open because of the noise from this busy street, and I love fresh air.

2. The A/C did not work upon arrival so spent an hour or more with the repair person (who did a great job!).

3. During my interaction with the front desk I experienced a couple screaming for their room, another person who had been waiting six hours, another who asked "what about me?" And so on.

4. My Grand Luxe contemporary room had no ambience whatever. Bland, no touch of Paris, pure Westin ( and I love Westin, but not in France). Front Desk said they are redoing the rooms to combine more local flavor with contemporary convenience. Incidentally the room was huge by Paris standards: 27 meters. Great in that respect.

What makes no sense to me is that although I had told them this was a birthday trip for me, no small note or gift awaited me upon my arrival. Nor did they reduce my room charge even slightly to acknowledge my not getting a room location (Rue Christine or Courtyard view) that was guaranteed by the hotel. It wasn't the money or the gift that mattered, it was their showing they cared. They didn't .

So, I have a trip planned for April requiring two rooms but given my experience I don't know if I can choose the D'Aubusson. Maybe I will again,but not until they restore their former greatness.

4 Thank higham
ManagerAubusson, Directeur général at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel d’Aubusson on your last trip to Paris.
We sincerely regret that the hotel was not up to your expectations even though you enjoyed the location and the room size. As neither your name and nor your stay period were mentioned on your review, I would be pleased if you could come back to me so that I could figure out the issues you met. Please contact me at your convenience so that I could answer you properly.

Yours sincerely,
Nicolas Guipet.
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I am not in the habit of writing a review BEFORE I've actually stayed at a hotel, but feel, in this case, I must. I am planning a trip to Paris for April, 2014. I looked on-line and found Hotel D'Aubusson. The Reservations staff, in particular Audrey and Alexandra, have been so wonderfully helpful. We have exchanged several e-mails and all of my questions have been promptly and thoroughly answered. In addition, when i called to book our rooms, Audrey was very friendly, patient and very helpful. I did not feel rushed as I asked questions regarding room size and decor. She was also VERY HELPFUL when discussing my daughter's nut allergy and how this can be accommodated. It can be difficult to travel with a child who has a life threatening food allergy and she made me feel very relaxed and taken care of in this regard. Based on tis simple experience, I am now more excited than ever to travel to Paris for our family vacation. Merci beaucoup.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank egold96
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My partner and I choose this hotel due to the location and the great reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The level of service was exceptional. The staff were very helpful, friendly and warm. The room that we had was in the old stables at the rear of the hotel. It was large by Parisian standards and very quite. The was no noise from outside at all. It was a very well decorated room and the bed was comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone be they family, friends or business colleagues. It is well worth the money and it's position on the trip advisor ratings.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geofft65
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here briefly at the beginning of an extended stay in Europe to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The hotel itself is very charming with a courteous front desk staff. The location was perfect and we walked just about everywhere.

It was very important to us that we visit the top of the Eiffel Tower during our stay because we had only seen the tower from the street on prior trips. When making the reservation, all advance tickets to the top were already sold out. The concierge presented two options and and told us that the "easiest" would be to have lunch in the Jules Verne restaurant because we could then purchase tickets to the top from there. (There is a private elevator from the street to this restaurant mid-way up the tower.) Lunch was fine but then we were unable to purchase tickets to the top. We were told that we'd have to go back down to street level, purchase the tickets, and then wait (for hours!) in the regular line for the elevator to the top -- thus defeating the purpose of spending over 350 Euros on lunch!! What bothered me most was the fact that the restaurant was very clear about the fact that the ticket office on their level (to the top of the tower) is often closed. Given this, the hotel concierge should not have instructed us that this would be the "easiest" way to the top. He should have been clear that we would be taking a chance. Had we known, we might have opted to skip lunch and take our chances with the regular line. I don't speak French and didn't think I should have to make transatlantic calls to figure all of this out. Isn't that what concierges are for?!

If you just need a place to stay, this is a very charming place. If you need advice on things to do in Paris, do NOT rely on this concierge. Do your own research!

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a bedroom window facing Rue Dauphine and a window in the bathroom facing t...
10 Thank EJPgh_412
ManagerAubusson, Directeur général at Hotel d'Aubusson, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Madam BARNES,

Thank you for having stayed with us during your last trip to Paris. I am delighted that you enjoyed our property and location. I also can understand you feel disappointed not to have had the possibility to visit the Eiffel tower's top part but who is responsible for that?
Regarding the lunch cost, you were told that “Jules Verne” was a fancy Restaurant. Moreover, we cannot be held responsible for the fact that the tickets sales were closed the day you went there.
By recommending you this option, we had absolutely no other interest than satisfy your expectations. We are really sorry that you had been unable to visit the top level but we could not predict these particular circumstances we are not responsible for.

yours sincerely,