“Top 10” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Top 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Like many of the other reviews one word comes to mind when we
recall our stay at Hotel d'Aubusson,PERFECTION ! The hotel,the
staff and the location have to be one of the top ten in all of Paris.
Don't miss a chance to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mark m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

First, I have to tell you that every time I have tried to get into this hotel it was fully booked. I go to Paris often and have stayed in the palace hotels, apartments and private clubs. I really loved this hotel so please don't stay here so I can get a room. First the location is in the 6th , close to the 7th and 5th, close to tourist attractions and some of my favorite Parisian streets. Walking distance to the Bon Marche, down the street from Le Comptoir around the corner from St. Germaine, a block or two from the Seine. I like this area but when I want to shop I stay closer to the 8th and the grands magasins. So why do I like this hotel? The front desk staff is excellent without being haughty and impressed with themselves. They do their jobs well and make you feel at ease. The hotel defines charming with a small center courtyard , a chic bar and a beautiful room on the ground floor. You instantly feel you have arrived at a comforting Parisian local. We stayed in their best room because I needed a large room thinking my daughter was joining us. She didn't come so the room was a little extravagant for two old college roommates galavanting around Europe sans husbands. I have to say that when I saw the room I felt as though I should just stay there for two days and forget Paris. I am sure some people do this. The junior suite was large by left bank, small hotel standards. There was a couch which could be an extra bed. The room had just been redone and faced the inner courtyard on one side and the side street on the other. Very quiet. How was this possible? The toiletries were Hermes so we were happy. Management sent us chocolate and a bottle of champagne which after a day of literally running around we greatly appreciated. It was just done so well without having to call and ask for things or really make much effort. The only problem for me was the very deep tub/shower combination which was a little scary with a bad leg. Be sure to ask about the bathroom if you have any problems. There is jazz at night which just adds to the atmosphere. I went over to the palace hotel I have stayed at and, of course, ran into people from New York almost immediately. Here it is quieter, more low key and more typical of a part of Paris that is chic and lovely. This is the Paris that I love and enjoy. Please don't stay here, I need to be able to get a room! Many thanks to the staff who helped us relax and enjoy our time away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NC R
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We loved Hotel d'Aubusson. The staff were so helpful with reservations and recommendations. We particularly enjoyed our car ride from the airport to the hotel with Olin (who happens to be a leadership consultant moonlighting as a driver). The breakfast each morning had everything one could want in a pleasant setting. The bar was lovely with live jazz each night of our stay (Wed-Sat). We'll be returning to Paris in a few weeks for a work trip and staying on the right bank in a stuffier hotel--I think we'll greatly miss d'Aubusson and its wonderful neighborhood. Btw-don't miss Opium at 44 rue Dauphine (just down the street) if you love fresh oysters (but don't bother going if you're not an oyster fan)!

Room Tip: Our inside facing room was very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sun Valley, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

As long as the Ritz is closed you might consider the D'Aubusson. Much smaller, of course, and simpler. Excellent location three blocks from the Seine. Nightly jazz in the bar. Unburdened by a restaurant, which make sense because there must be twenty superb restaurants within a hundred yards. The rooms are refurbished and the rates, for Paris, are acceptable.
I have been visiting Paris on business and pleasure for forty years (groan) and the D'Aubusson has the charm of this City without the greed.

Room Tip: I used to ask for an interior room but the exterior ones are soundproofed and the Rue Dauphine becom...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a gem of a hotel! Good location, comfortable rooms, beyond prompt service. I thought I didn't like jazz until I stayed at the d'Aubusson! I found it very soothing to sit in their grand salon and read or catch up on correspondence. Regrettably, I was ill during my stay, so really appreciated the staff, who were attentive and invariably pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel over spring break with 2 teenage daughters. I spent many hours searching for the "perfect" hotel and this was it! We booked the adjoining rooms that included a loft room and a classic. This was the perfect amount of space for the teenage girls to not get on each others' nerves. The girls loved the uniqueness of the room. If you need additional room for your family, request this adjoining room combination.

I loved the location- very near Notre Dame, Louvre, walking distance to great restaurants and it was on a very quiet street! My husband and I really enjoyed the live entertainment in the bar. We didn't have the breakfast because I thought it was a little high priced. It was easy to walk down the street and get a fresh croissant. The concierge gave wonderful nearby recommendations for dinner and also called ahead for reservations. They were wonderful and reasonably priced for Paris.

The amenities in the bathroom were top notch. Each night we received a great little gift and this also made the girls excited to check out each new gift.

Room Tip: Pick a loft room! Large for a Paris room!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank itravelDenver
London GB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've visited this hotel on and off for 5 years and it just gets better. Many rooms have been renovated recently, and are the height of elegance. The hotel bar is well-known for the jazz evening. The location is second to none on the left bank, and is particularly well positioned for the Louvre, the Notre Dame cathedral, and the left bank.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends