“A perfect place to begin and end each day in Paris”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #29 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Houston, Texas
“A perfect place to begin and end each day in Paris”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel over many years and in all seasons. It has the perfect combination of a nice sized room (those ending in "8' are larger), a wonderful breakfast with anything you'd like to have, a bar (pretty unusual in a hotel this size in Paris) with jazz piano and great cocktails (if you prefer you can take your drink into the salon in front of the fireplace), and a concierge service that will take care of all your requests. It is close to metro stops, the Seine, many great restaurants, and shopping in the 6th. We love it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelissaBJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

4 night stay with friends - struggling to find a fault with this hotel and we are very hard to please ! 5 stars would be more appropriate - exceptional attention to detail - very well appointed and all the facilities that could be wanted from a unique boutique style hotel - friendly and well informed staff, fantastic location, obviously recently refurbished and well appointed rooms ( superiors) lovely breakfast though not cheap @ 25 euros per person but still worth the money for the content and convenience. Eating out recommendations were excellent and all within 100 metres. Lots of other choices for varying budgets on the doorstep. Would be our first choice when we return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Like many of the other reviews one word comes to mind when we
recall our stay at Hotel d'Aubusson,PERFECTION ! The hotel,the
staff and the location have to be one of the top ten in all of Paris.
Don't miss a chance to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mark m
NYC
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First, I have to tell you that every time I have tried to get into this hotel it was fully booked. I go to Paris often and have stayed in the palace hotels, apartments and private clubs. I really loved this hotel so please don't stay here so I can get a room. First the location is in the 6th , close to the 7th and 5th, close to tourist attractions and some of my favorite Parisian streets. Walking distance to the Bon Marche, down the street from Le Comptoir around the corner from St. Germaine, a block or two from the Seine. I like this area but when I want to shop I stay closer to the 8th and the grands magasins. So why do I like this hotel? The front desk staff is excellent without being haughty and impressed with themselves. They do their jobs well and make you feel at ease. The hotel defines charming with a small center courtyard , a chic bar and a beautiful room on the ground floor. You instantly feel you have arrived at a comforting Parisian local. We stayed in their best room because I needed a large room thinking my daughter was joining us. She didn't come so the room was a little extravagant for two old college roommates galavanting around Europe sans husbands. I have to say that when I saw the room I felt as though I should just stay there for two days and forget Paris. I am sure some people do this. The junior suite was large by left bank, small hotel standards. There was a couch which could be an extra bed. The room had just been redone and faced the inner courtyard on one side and the side street on the other. Very quiet. How was this possible? The toiletries were Hermes so we were happy. Management sent us chocolate and a bottle of champagne which after a day of literally running around we greatly appreciated. It was just done so well without having to call and ask for things or really make much effort. The only problem for me was the very deep tub/shower combination which was a little scary with a bad leg. Be sure to ask about the bathroom if you have any problems. There is jazz at night which just adds to the atmosphere. I went over to the palace hotel I have stayed at and, of course, ran into people from New York almost immediately. Here it is quieter, more low key and more typical of a part of Paris that is chic and lovely. This is the Paris that I love and enjoy. Please don't stay here, I need to be able to get a room! Many thanks to the staff who helped us relax and enjoy our time away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NC R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We loved Hotel d'Aubusson. The staff were so helpful with reservations and recommendations. We particularly enjoyed our car ride from the airport to the hotel with Olin (who happens to be a leadership consultant moonlighting as a driver). The breakfast each morning had everything one could want in a pleasant setting. The bar was lovely with live jazz each night of our stay (Wed-Sat). We'll be returning to Paris in a few weeks for a work trip and staying on the right bank in a stuffier hotel--I think we'll greatly miss d'Aubusson and its wonderful neighborhood. Btw-don't miss Opium at 44 rue Dauphine (just down the street) if you love fresh oysters (but don't bother going if you're not an oyster fan)!

Room Tip: Our inside facing room was very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sun Valley, Idaho
Reviewed 10 May 2014

As long as the Ritz is closed you might consider the D'Aubusson. Much smaller, of course, and simpler. Excellent location three blocks from the Seine. Nightly jazz in the bar. Unburdened by a restaurant, which make sense because there must be twenty superb restaurants within a hundred yards. The rooms are refurbished and the rates, for Paris, are acceptable.
I have been visiting Paris on business and pleasure for forty years (groan) and the D'Aubusson has the charm of this City without the greed.

Room Tip: I used to ask for an interior room but the exterior ones are soundproofed and the Rue Dauphine becom...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a gem of a hotel! Good location, comfortable rooms, beyond prompt service. I thought I didn't like jazz until I stayed at the d'Aubusson! I found it very soothing to sit in their grand salon and read or catch up on correspondence. Regrettably, I was ill during my stay, so really appreciated the staff, who were attentive and invariably pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo