“Fabulous!”
Review of Hotel d'Aubusson

Hotel d'Aubusson
Ranked #32 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are searching for a place to stay in Paris and are considering this hotel, then stop and book it! This place is pretty much perfect. It has the best location in that you can walk almost anyplace but there is a major Metro stop five minutes away and there are wonderful restaurants surrounding it. The desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful in the most personal and sincere way. The facility is beautiful and intimate and the breakfast is outstanding. Best of all, they had a room that could accommodate our family of four in a very comfortable way. Just great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NyMaxdad
Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

On our first trip to Paris I needed it to be special. It was our 30th wedding anniversary trip and it had to be perfect. Hotel d'Aubusson was beyond my expectations. I simply do not believe I can improve upon most of the reviews I've read here. From start to finish this hotel is a gem. The staff is friendly, and most everyone speaks English. The room we had was extremely nice, on par with any Ritz I've stayed in (at the standard room level). Turn down service every day. Big fluffy towels, robes, slippers, great wi-fi in the room, t.v. with more channels than I could use. A very healthy American style breakfast....yeah, it costs a pretty penny, but who cares. Staying at this hotel and asking about the cost of breakfast is like buying a Ferrari and asking how much gasoline costs.

If this is your first time to Paris, and you want to make a lasting impression, do yourself a favor. Open up your wallet and spend the money. The location is fantastic...walking distance to the Seine River, the Louvre and Notre Dame. Shopping and restaurants to your heart's content.

The only issue I had with the property was leaving.

Room Tip: Room 406 was our room...in the newer section of the property. Extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saverio P
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I know that I need not look any further when booking my next trip to Paris. I just hope that there's a reservation available. The Hotel d'Aubusson was everything I'd hoped for and more! The ambiance and history of the building leave no doubt that one is in Paris. The decor is stunning; at the same time warm and inviting. The staff maintains the utmost of professionalism, while exuding the most sincere and welcoming demeanor I've ever experienced any where in Europe as a first-time hotel guest! The Concierge Service is top-notch; our pre-visit e-mail requests for airport transfer information and restaurant reservations were answered and confirmed with amazing speed. This exemplary service continued, in fact was even encouraged, after we arrived and discovered that indeed restaurant reservations were a good idea. The room, its amenities and cleanliness, were absolutely PERFECT. Often we would return from a day of touring and find a special gift from the Hotel; thoughtful gifts that greatly enhanced our stay. The public areas of the Hotel truly extend the comfort of the rooms; the quiet outdoor garden (a rarity in inner city hotels), the inner courtyard, the grand Lobby, and the Cafe Laurent with its evening jazz sessions. The location of the Hotel is also perfect for walking to most of the historic sites in Central Paris; the metro and RER are but a 5-10 minute walk away. For example, we literally left the Hotel room at 7:15 and were in Versailles (the first in line!) by 8:30. My only regret is that we didn't take the time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the magnificent Breakfast Room; next time we shall! Sometimes I carefully "guard" what I consider to be my "favorites", but the secret is already out. My advice is to book early and if full, do not hesitate to reserve through Booking.com. To everyone at the Hotel d'Aubusson, thank you very much for making our visit so memorable. It was truly a highlight of the entire trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was my third stay at the hotel and I am happy to report I will be back again in July. Just a wonderful place to stay, the location cannot be beat, the staff is great, rooms are comfortable and charming. The inner courtyard is a lovely place to relax, jazz bar great fun…I could continue, nothing but top marks for d'Aubusson.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter than those facing the street
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I truly wish that I could keep this marvelous hotel a secret! The ambiance, location, magnificent
living room, interior courtyard, jazz in the bar, wonderful breakfast, and rooms,above the bar in Paris, make this an outstanding choice.
Staff, in particular Concierge Jean, make your days even more enjoyable given their great service.
People are greeted by name when they return to the hotel.
If you want an intimate and extremely well located hotel, one that lavishes you with personal care, this is the hotel for you!

1  Thank 37Blondie
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It is hard to find a left bank hotel that reflects the history and charm of a prior era. We were welcomed by an attentive front desk. The concierge had already made us dinner reservations. The rooms are spacious by left bank standards. The most impressive characteristic is the open lobby with a huge welcoming fireplaces where the wood crackles as you drink a glass of champagne. Adjacent is the jazz club which words can not describe how unique an ambience is created

This hotel is a MUST go

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Hotel D’Aubusson. The hotel is in a wonderful location, is very comfortable and the people working there are superb. All of them could not have been more helpful, especially Royce at the front desk.

There were a few items to note, however. The hotel must not expect their guests to stay long as there is nowhere to unpack your clothes other than a single shelf in the closet. Consequently you have to live out of your suitcase no matter how long you are there. They also must not expect that you have a cell phone or computer as you had to crawl under a nightstand or desk to reach the only free outlets in our room to charge them. Also note that they have a very nice bar in the hotel that has great live music. However, be aware that the rooms on top of the bar, such as ours, will clearly hear the music until it stops at 11:30 on Wednesday through Saturday nights. Knowing this in advance, when we made our reservations six months in advance we specifically asked for a room on the other side of the hotel, obviously to no avail.

So as long as you are not on top of the bar or don’t mind the music until 11:30, the Hotel D’Aubusson is a great place to stay. It certainly is conveniently located, is very comfortable and provides excellent service. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room on top of the bar.
1  Thank JRAMD