“Stay here”

Ranked #36 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stay here”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A really lovely little hotel, extremely well situated in the 6th. Pleasant staff, and beautiful public rooms. We stayed in room 309, which is a very pretty, large,long, high ceilinged, wooden beamed room. There is no view at all, however, the bed is incredibly comfortable and the bathroom is very clean and modern.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JS2841

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I along with our 6 year old son completely enjoyed our 3 night stay in Suite 501 in early July. I echo other reviews for the perfect location of the d'Aubusson: the close proximity to many of the major sites coupled with the always charming and atmospheric neighborhoods of the 6th Arr provide a great Paris experience, especially for a young family. The success of the d'Aubusson extends far beyond its location. The classic public areas and well appointed rooms were always backed up by warm smiles and an attentive staff. The lobby, garden courtyard, salon and breakfast room were all at the same time elegantly designed yet exuded warmth. The renovated loft apartment layout with alcove space for a twin bed was perfect for our son. The King bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom with rain forest shower was sleek and well organized. In the end it is people who make or break a traveling experience and I would like to commend the housekeeping staff and specific individuals: Clemont for his warm welcome and orientation to the hotel upon arrival (that important first impression!); Royce and Julia for assistance with restaurant suggestions and reservations (and diligence with the food allergy requirements of our son!); the head St Laurent bartender and his crew for tasty libations and the jazz trio we all enjoyed before dinner. We truly enjoyed our short stay at the d'Aubusson and the nice memories of introducing our son to Paris. I have recommended the d'Aubusson to friends and colleagues and am happy to post this review (my first) We look forward to a return visit in the near future!

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms great for small families
5 Thank Mike K
Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel d'Aubusson is fabulous! Truly earned its 4 Star rating on our recent trip. The staff and service was impeccable. They were so attentive and extremely patient and helpful. The hotel has such wonderful charm. We stayed in 2 rooms one being more updated and modern while the other while update still had wood beam ceilings and the wonderful old world charm. We LOVED the second old world charm room with impeccable high-end furnishings and fixtures and bathrooms. If you are looking for a fantastic location right across from the major attractions in a fantastic dinner location like the Latin Quarter this hotel is a definite must!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karek20
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Let me say up front that my wife, 19 year old daughter and I loved everything about this hotel. Location is amazing with proximity to St. Germain, Louvre and Notre Dame. All within easy walking distance. Within 100 yards of the hotel the restaurant choices were plentiful: Mexican, Argentinian, Italian, French, Indian and more. When we headed a bit farther down to Rue de Buci, we were amazed at all of the sidewalk cafes and nightlife here. We stayed 5 nights in room 507, a very large and quiet suite on the top floor which was comfortable for the 3 of us. The staff was numerous, always available and friendly and took care of any request. They made a few dinner reservations for us and gave us reminders and arranged taxis many times. The breakfast was very good and the bar had a good drink selection. Nice jazz in the bar a few nights per week. A few afternoons we sat in the quiet and comfortable courtyard with snacks and the bartender took care of our drinks. They made us feel so comfortable.
Next time we are in Paris we will certainly stay at Hotel d' Aubusson again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

5 Thank FLAGator1
NY
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We've stayed in many 6e arrondissement hotels over the years, but this is our favorite. Perfect location - for art galleries, restaurants, and general 'wandering around'. Some of the rooms have been renovated - and they are just lovely. We had 2 different rooms during our stay - and the renovated jr. suite was just great. The regular (unrenovated) room was OK - certainly good by Paris standards, where so many rooms are really small. The suite had a really nice contemporary feel for a classic Paris hotel. We had no problem with the service, as other reviewer did (though we didn't really ask for all that much. Don't think I would.) Didn't have breakfast in the hotel (seems very expensive) - but there are plenty of cafes within short walking distance that are more fun, anyway. Would definitely come back - in fact, I can't wait!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room - and go for a jr. suite, if you're Ok with the added price.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelhappyNy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Aubusson for five nights, a week ago. I purposely waited until now to write a review. I still have mixed feelings towards the hotel. First off, the location is wonderful. Right in the heart of the 6th Arrondissement, it is a perfect location. We were told that we got an "upgraded room", but when I paced it off, the room was actually smaller than what was advertised on Booking.Com. The room was quiet, but very narrow and long. We were on the fourth floor room number 405. We did receive a complimentary bottle of wine upon our arrival, which was very nice. My hobby is food & wine, so I did ask for their help in acquiring some reservations. They did get me reservations at Septime and Pouic-Pouic. Upon check-in they gave me a letter with the addresses and confirmation of these two restaurants, but neglected to list the ones that I made myself ( I sent them an email listing all of our reservations with the phone numbers, asking them to confirm them). I am used to staying in hotels in France, so I don't have high expectations from the concierge, but I think that they take the cake for being the most unhelpful group around. When we asked for shopping suggestions, the young man took out a map and proceeded to highlight every street on the map, not very useful. They weren't helpful in suggesting breakfast or lunch restaurants either, they basically told us to walk down the street and try anything that looked good, again not very helpful. When we were going to David Toutain, I brought down their reminder letter, with no address of the restaurant on it, I went to the concierge and asked them to write the addresses down. The manager of the hotel came out and said that she wrote that on the letter I got when I checked in. It wasn't even listed on that letter. I explained that when we stayed at the St. James Paris, the concierge wrote the address of every restaurant on their business card with their address to facilitate better communication with the taxi driver. She got very angry and pulled my file to show me that she had already given the address on the first letter, but of course couldn't find it (because she had never done it). Then she wrote the addresses down and said that she would hand the letter to the taxi driver herself. I told her that was not necessary but she was really mad at this point and I felt she wanted to prove some point, I am not really sure what that point would be. After this event, we didn't bother asking the concierge for anything which is very unfortunate. We have been to Paris a lot recently so we know our way around, but to feel that you can't ask the staff for help is very disappointing. After staying here, I understand why they aren't ranking better with customer reviews, based on the facilities of the hotel, they should be ranked a lot better. I am returning to Paris in October and I had made another reservation at Hotel Aubusson, before I left on this trip thinking it would be fabulous. Today, I canceled my reservation. I do not want to stay at a hotel where the staff is so unhelpful. I will try to find another hotel in the same location, because it was wonderful to be in the 6th.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 405, which was really long and not very wide. The decor was updated but not to my...
4 Thank winofoodtravel
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been looking for a hotel that makes me feel at home in mmy favorite area of Paris: Saint Germain-des-Pres.I have settled for the Hotel d'Aubusson. The common area and the reception are welcoming and the service is excellent with a distinct Rive Gauche atmosphere. The rooms are well furnished, in a traditional style with modern amenities. I enjoy staying there an it isdefinitely my first choice.
One suggestion : rethink the function of the Saint Laurent that could have a soul and maybe have small snacks? Since there is no restaurant, it would be welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple