“very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #121 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Illinois
“very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I have stayed at the Relais the last 5 times I have visited Paris, and never have ben disappointed. The location is ideal for getting around the city because of it's close proximity of the l'odeon metro stop. I have always found the staff helpful, and the rooms are always clean.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank brink9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Hebrew first
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

My wife and I stayed in Paris, France at the Relais Saint Germain. We are a married couple in our 50's from Florida, USA
I hve to say it was one of the best highlights of our trip. To start with the room was very comfotable for a 7 day stay. The location and view from our room was great.The bed didn't make me feel I was not at home. The staff greated us with a smile and couldn't be more helpful. The beakfast was amazing. The freshness and the staff made it a great way to start the day.
The wine Tapas bar attached has to be a 5 on a chart to 5. The managers and staff helped me with trying to pick out the fabulous bites that they served. I stopped in there everyday and was greated with a glass of wine and a smile. The food was great also at the sit down restaraunt.
If you want to stay in Paris and be close to all the sights and local bistro's this is the place.
% stars in my book.
J & J.

1 Thank jsw2009
Wilmette, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

4 1/2 stars certainly!
We stayed in the deluxe room which was charming and with plenty of room to move around. Very comfortable beds. Bathroom is tiny; water pressure amazing.
Hotel staff is helpful and the foyer and sitting area of the hotel round out the Parisian experience.
LeComptoir is definitely worth a visit.
We were fortunate enough to catch Woody Allen's new 'Midnight in Paris' movie around the corner.
Interesting Mixology store across the street. Try the Absinthe and then bring some home.
Great, great, great location.
Bed time caramels are AAAmazing. We found the store in Marais and brought some home

1 Thank raisingkaine
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

From start to finish, our stay at Relais Saint-Germain was perfect. To begin with, I was researching several hotels in this neighborhood and had e-mailed them all, asking for more information. Relais Saint-Germain responded within minutes (despite it being the middle of the night in Paris!), whereas others never even responded. That spoke volumes to me about their attitude toward customer service, and I booked the hotel. We got a very good rate because we stayed longer than 4 nights. The quick responses to my e-mails continued up until a couple days before our trip (kudos to Phillippe!). The room was perfect - we asked for twins (no kings available), and it was so comfortable - you'd never know the bed was two twins together. The room had a loveseat, and a table and two chairs, and the floor-to-ceiling windows opened up onto the Carrefour de l'Odeon, a busy and charming little square flanked by the hotel and a couple cafes. The noise from the street never bothered us. Everything was neat and clean, and we loved the large paintings in the room - made it feel like Old-World Paris! The turn-down service, complete with candies, was nice to come "home" to after the evenings out. Breakfast, served in the hotel's very famous restaurant, Le Comptoir, featured excellent breads and croissants, as well as fruit, eggs, yogurt, cheese and ham. We had dinner one night at LeComptoir (very small, but they give priority to hotel guests) and the 5-course meal was AWESOME (and not very expensive).
The location of this hotel is perfect for exploring the city, and is just steps from the Odeon metro as well as bus stops.
Everyone who works at the hotel speaks English, which really helped because we speak no French - and were so helpful and friendly. They gave us free tickets for a river cruise when we asked them for more information on it, which we thought was really nice of them.
We have nothing negative to say about our stay here - only very fond memories and a desire to go back! Super hotel, super staff, super experience. Perfect for our first trip to Paris!

Room Tip: Ask about packages.
4 Thank loriannkb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

Stayed here in mid-may and loved every minute. It was pricey, but so lovely that I didnt dwell on that. The staff is charming and helpful. our room was so nice, with a small outdoor space and big bright windows. The bed was comfortable and very clean. I highly recommend their restaurant for a gourmet meal in a lively setting. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

My husband and I stayed for four nights at the Relais St. Germain earlier this month, and loved it. It was our third stay there, and everything was consistently wonderful. Our room was number 21, and it was very nicely appointed. The usual Annick Goutal bath amenities, very comfortable bed, very good noise reduction windows. I read one of the previous negative reviews, and I cannot say that I had the same experience. The hotel made and adjusted various restaurant reservations and called us a cab for the hotel. I believe that the driver is someone that they regularly use. There was one front desk employee (female, older, dark hair) who was not very helpful when it came to getting the lobby computer to work, but the head housekeeper helped and she was lovely. The owner, Yves Camdeborde, also tried to help with the computer, but even he had a hard time.

Speaking of the owner, who is also the chef of Le Comptoir, his food is wonderful. One of the main benefits of staying at the hotel is being guaranteed a reservation for dinner. If you stay at this hotel, so not miss the restaurant. Breakfast is part of the hotel stay, and is also very good. It includes coffee or tea, juice, croissants, bread, yogurt, soft boiled egg, spanish ham, and fruit. It's so large that you can skip lunch. The chef also owns L'Avant Comptoir, which is a 12 person capacity bar/creperie/tapas place. Great for a quick bite. The Relais never disappoints!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

I loved my room on the 5th floor of this very small boutique hotel. There was more than enough room for my 20 year old daughter and myself to lounge in the sitting area as well as on the bed. Very nice bathroom with shower and tub and separate toilet area. Most importantly, reserve a table at Comptoir du Relais during the evening Monday-Friday. You will enjoy the most delicious 5 course meal for a mere $55 Euros which is the best deal going in Paris. Then you have a delightful breakfast served to you in the same darling bistro each morning. We also get a crepe at the adjoining lunch bar one day and it was incredible. We lucked into these culinary treats when we booked the hotel!

Room Tip: You probably need to book early to get any room.
  • Stayed March 2011