“very well situated and friendly hotel”

La Villa Saint-Germain
Ranked #83 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This small hotel is close to St Germain-des-Pres, well placed for the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and left bank. The rooms are well furnished in a modern style and very comfortable, staff are helpful, efficient and friendly. The breakfast is good with freshly cooked eggs in addition to fresh fruit and the usual variety of breakfast plates and pastries. I would have given 5 stars were it not for the extraordinarily irritating WiFi which requires one to keep logging in every 15 minutes if you want to utilise the free system. I am happy to recommend them.

Room Tip: we had room 51 which has the benefit of being on a corner with windows on both streets. I is very pl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hampshiredv
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Hampshiredv,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at la Villa.
While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel, we would like to apologize for the "irritating WiFi". We are working on it and we hope you will see the improvement and enjoy it in your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed a long weekend in Paris with my spouse. This is a very comfortable hotel - clean, recently renovated, with friendly staff. The location is very nice in the heart of St. Germain. Breakfast was very good with hot servings as well, but the price is at the usual Paris level. We had a good package including it, so it did not matter. If you prefer to have your breakfast at the hotel, I recommend to look for a package price. Of course the room rates are on the high-side, but overall I found it to be good value for money compared to a number of other hotels I've stayed in in Paris. The only minus came from the noise of renovation works, but these were at the completion stage, so should not bother much longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VPP65
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I once had a trip around France - where I drove through Burgundy eating and drinking my way through EVERY Michelin 3 star restaurant they had. I ended up driving into Paris. Horrible experience if you're impatient, and I'm impatient. With difficulty I found a place to park, lugged all the furniture to the hotel - and they didn't have the reservation. I almost fainted (after all that effort). They were kind and supportive and found a place nearby - The Villa. I'd stayed there once before and liked it a lot - very contemporary, and they had a nice jazz band. Don't know if they still do entertainment, but on with the story. I figured this will be fine. When I arrived, they'd gone through a remodel - and I got one of the suites. As much as I liked the place before, this place was now awesome. Service, the look, the location, and that bakery up the street with stellar croissants. I always stay there now.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ribbonaire
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Ribbonaire,

Your kind review is greatly appreciated. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay - something that we strive for with every guest.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lovely hotel for a few days shopping in Paris. Very friendly staff and good sized room (unusual in Paris). Bathroom good size too with lots of toiletries. There is a well stocked fridge but prices were high (50cls of Evian was €4.90). Breakfast is €22 but there are lots of cafes within metres of the hotel and of course, there is always Monoprix's cafe which is a minutes walk away.
I would recommend a drink in the very relaxing bar - a decent Chablis, with three types of nibbles is only €6 and there are free American papers to read in a cool, calm environment. There is secondary double glazing to reduce noise from the street below and it works. Even though I switched off the heating, the room was still warm/hot and I had the window open for my three day stay - in March!
Bed very comfortable but I had issues with the pillows - very hard. There is no restaurant but there is a room service menu if you want to stay in.
My only gripe is that there are renovations going on and they begin at about 8.45 and only end at 6pm so a mid-day rest from shopping was impossible due to the noise. There was no reduction is the room rate for this. If you are thinking of stopping, check before you book that the renovations have been completed. If it wasn't for this, I would have given it a full rating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lulusmum

Dear Lulusmum,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there were some issues that you faced during your time with us.
We do have different pillows (hard, soft, ..) in order to satisfy all our guests. Next time, please feel free to ask our Staff. They will be more than happy to assist you.
Regarding the renovations, I do apologize for the noise but at the time you were here, there were also noisy construction coming from the street. It is now over.

You mentioned that you appreciated our "very relaxing Bar". This is exactly the atmosphere we intend to create so I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at La Villa Saint Germain in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed for one night whilst on a short trip to Paris. Thought the hotel was very comfortable and in a lovely spot.

The room was lovely and bathrooms really nice and stylish. Breakfast was great and woman serving very helpful and friendly.

Only downside was there was building work on first floor and so a little noisy during day when I was waiting for cabs. Assume that will be short lived. Nice friendly little bisto on corner of street next door where I had a nice simple meal and didnt feel odd dining on my own.

One negative is the wooden floor in foyer appeared to look dusty - probs something to do with builders but needs a shine up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank caz1000
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Caz1000,

Thank you for staying with us at La Villa Saint Germain and for taking the time to share your comment.

All our rooms were recently renovated and we appreciate that you liked the decoration and the style. Following your appreciation we congratulated the member of our team in charge of the breakfast and she was very proud as she aims to provide excellent service and a well presented buffet.

If you enjoyed the restaurant Le Pré Aux Clercs, you should appreciate other places nearby the hotel like Le Semilla and Le Christine.

The wooden floor of the foyer was recently changed, but we noticed it does not look as good as it should be and have planed to shine it up pretty soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at La Villa Saint Germain.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks while in town for work and was not that impressed with the service. In particular the woman with the short hair at the front desk during the day. She asked me on numerous occasions for my credit card - which I gave at both check in and when making a reservation. She even had me write it down by hand on a paper. She harassed me the morning BEFORE I was supposed to check out that I HAD to pay right then. I was on my way to work and I told her I would pay later as I was not supposed to check out until the next day. She said "I have to pay NOW." Even though I was not checking out until the following day I agreed to pay, thinking it would be more convenient. Of course I had a water that same night and had to go through the payment process again when I checked out.

I travel all the time for work and have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world and have never been so annoyed by a hotel employee in my life. I did not appreciate being made to feel like I was about to skip out on the bill.

There was also construction on the 1st floor which prevented you from sleeping past 8am every day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank travis j

Dear Travis J,

Thank you very much for staying with us at La Villa Saint Germain and for giving us your feedback about your stay.
I understand you felt embarassed and I do apologize for this. The member of our team you dealt with just joined us. She received appropriate trainings however I will make sure that we take the time to explain her the procedure.
We usually propose at the time our long stay guests check-in to make a down payment in the middle of the stay in order to avoid any inconvenience at the time of check-out.

We hope we will have another occasion to welcome you at La Villa Saint Germain.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My sister and I shared a room that felt spacious and clean and we enjoyed each of the 3 nights to have a glass of wine and some snacks in our seating area which was welcoming and very comfortable. The location is terrific, across from Laduree and many wonderful shops which start next door to the hotel and you can continue walking in many directions to desired locations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Juliette F

Dear Juliette F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa Saint Germain.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and took advantage of our location.

Thank you again, we all look forward to welcoming you and your sister again.