“A perfect stay”

La Villa Saint-Germain
Ranked #85 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a perfect stay. The staff was friendly and accommodating-- they went out of their way to help. The room was updated, modern and comfortable. Enjoyed the free wifi (though logins were inconvenient). Breakfast was fresh and complete. Location is in the center of Saint Germain and easy walking distance to most major sites. Highly recommend this boutique hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank V B
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear VB,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at La Villa in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My first visit to Paris--just one night for business. Olga at the front desk had offered to help arrange transport before I even arrived, and recommended the most affordable/efficient option to reach the hotel. A little help like that goes a long way when you are visiting any city for the first time, especially one as intimidating as Paris! Finding it and checking in was easy and quick, given the hotel's wonderful central location in Saint Germain and Olga's continued help. By some measure, I'm extremely lucky that I arrived on (Palm) Sunday afternoon, because the area is filled to the brim with boutiques and designer names--and they were all closed--I could have gotten myself into some real trouble otherwise. As other reviews note, you are less than 10 mins from some of the most lovely museums and parks, plus the Seine of course. For my taste, the room was perfection. Fresh design, clean, well appointed--it felt very youthful. And although small, for a single person it was perfect. Ironically, for being in such an exciting location in one of the world's most exciting cities, the thing *I personally* found most exciting thing he bed was SOFT! Having spent the prior week and a half in other hotel beds that felt like bricks, the mattress, pillows, and duvet here could have made me weep! Highly recommend staying at La Villa--I certainly will go back when I return to Paris.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Devon_weston,

Thank you for your outstanding review! We believe that our staff is our greatest asset, and we truly appreciate your comments. We will be sure to share these with our team, especially Olga.
The hotel went through major renovations and we are all glad you like the new style.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This small hotel is close to St Germain-des-Pres, well placed for the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and left bank. The rooms are well furnished in a modern style and very comfortable, staff are helpful, efficient and friendly. The breakfast is good with freshly cooked eggs in addition to fresh fruit and the usual variety of breakfast plates and pastries. I would have given 5 stars were it not for the extraordinarily irritating WiFi which requires one to keep logging in every 15 minutes if you want to utilise the free system. I am happy to recommend them.

Room Tip: we had room 51 which has the benefit of being on a corner with windows on both streets. I is very pl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hampshiredv

Dear Hampshiredv,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at la Villa.
While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel, we would like to apologize for the "irritating WiFi". We are working on it and we hope you will see the improvement and enjoy it in your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed a long weekend in Paris with my spouse. This is a very comfortable hotel - clean, recently renovated, with friendly staff. The location is very nice in the heart of St. Germain. Breakfast was very good with hot servings as well, but the price is at the usual Paris level. We had a good package including it, so it did not matter. If you prefer to have your breakfast at the hotel, I recommend to look for a package price. Of course the room rates are on the high-side, but overall I found it to be good value for money compared to a number of other hotels I've stayed in in Paris. The only minus came from the noise of renovation works, but these were at the completion stage, so should not bother much longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VPP65
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I once had a trip around France - where I drove through Burgundy eating and drinking my way through EVERY Michelin 3 star restaurant they had. I ended up driving into Paris. Horrible experience if you're impatient, and I'm impatient. With difficulty I found a place to park, lugged all the furniture to the hotel - and they didn't have the reservation. I almost fainted (after all that effort). They were kind and supportive and found a place nearby - The Villa. I'd stayed there once before and liked it a lot - very contemporary, and they had a nice jazz band. Don't know if they still do entertainment, but on with the story. I figured this will be fine. When I arrived, they'd gone through a remodel - and I got one of the suites. As much as I liked the place before, this place was now awesome. Service, the look, the location, and that bakery up the street with stellar croissants. I always stay there now.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ribbonaire
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Ribbonaire,

Your kind review is greatly appreciated. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay - something that we strive for with every guest.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lovely hotel for a few days shopping in Paris. Very friendly staff and good sized room (unusual in Paris). Bathroom good size too with lots of toiletries. There is a well stocked fridge but prices were high (50cls of Evian was €4.90). Breakfast is €22 but there are lots of cafes within metres of the hotel and of course, there is always Monoprix's cafe which is a minutes walk away.
I would recommend a drink in the very relaxing bar - a decent Chablis, with three types of nibbles is only €6 and there are free American papers to read in a cool, calm environment. There is secondary double glazing to reduce noise from the street below and it works. Even though I switched off the heating, the room was still warm/hot and I had the window open for my three day stay - in March!
Bed very comfortable but I had issues with the pillows - very hard. There is no restaurant but there is a room service menu if you want to stay in.
My only gripe is that there are renovations going on and they begin at about 8.45 and only end at 6pm so a mid-day rest from shopping was impossible due to the noise. There was no reduction is the room rate for this. If you are thinking of stopping, check before you book that the renovations have been completed. If it wasn't for this, I would have given it a full rating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lulusmum

Dear Lulusmum,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there were some issues that you faced during your time with us.
We do have different pillows (hard, soft, ..) in order to satisfy all our guests. Next time, please feel free to ask our Staff. They will be more than happy to assist you.
Regarding the renovations, I do apologize for the noise but at the time you were here, there were also noisy construction coming from the street. It is now over.

You mentioned that you appreciated our "very relaxing Bar". This is exactly the atmosphere we intend to create so I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at La Villa Saint Germain in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed for one night whilst on a short trip to Paris. Thought the hotel was very comfortable and in a lovely spot.

The room was lovely and bathrooms really nice and stylish. Breakfast was great and woman serving very helpful and friendly.

Only downside was there was building work on first floor and so a little noisy during day when I was waiting for cabs. Assume that will be short lived. Nice friendly little bisto on corner of street next door where I had a nice simple meal and didnt feel odd dining on my own.

One negative is the wooden floor in foyer appeared to look dusty - probs something to do with builders but needs a shine up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank caz1000
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Caz1000,

Thank you for staying with us at La Villa Saint Germain and for taking the time to share your comment.

All our rooms were recently renovated and we appreciate that you liked the decoration and the style. Following your appreciation we congratulated the member of our team in charge of the breakfast and she was very proud as she aims to provide excellent service and a well presented buffet.

If you enjoyed the restaurant Le Pré Aux Clercs, you should appreciate other places nearby the hotel like Le Semilla and Le Christine.

The wooden floor of the foyer was recently changed, but we noticed it does not look as good as it should be and have planed to shine it up pretty soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at La Villa Saint Germain.

Sincerely