“Beautiful Hotel”

La Villa Saint-Germain
Ranked #85 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When we got to Paris(Gare du Nord), we were promptly greeted by the hotel chauffer who brought us to the hotel. Upon arriving the hotel, I couldn't help but smile after seeing a Laduree shop just right across.

The checkin was fast and we were brought up to our room. The Privilege room was spacious and the design was clean.

Their daily breakfast wasn't extraordinary, but it wasn't bad either. They have a small "gym" where you can run on the treadmill and lift some dumbells. It's very small. The reason why they don't really have any other equipment.

The staff was generally friendly and accommodating.

The hotel's location is great. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby. The bus stop and metro are only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: The privilege rooms are reasonably priced. It's got enough space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheHermitIsOut

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel, and we will stay here again on our next visit. Exceptional service, lovely quiet room, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Arriving in the morning after our transatlantic overnight flight, we were very grateful when offered our room after a short wait. We have stayed in many hotels, none of which ever offered complimentary early check-in when available. The hotel is located on the left bank, a short walk from St Germain, and convenient to restaurants and shopping. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colin S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Loved the space, staff and location. Will go back in a heartbeat! The location is great (and across the street from Laduree! Great, but expensive macaroons). The lounge on the main floor is very quaint and comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here for seven nights and had room 46? which had two single beds. The room was pretty spacious and had a nice layout, considering that European hotel rooms tend to run small. The hotel was clean and we did not hear a whole lot of noise in the hallway. The hotel's location was pretty central to everything we wanted to do in Paris. It was a bit pricey, but considering the location and how nice & helpful the staff was, I would highly recommend them and stay here on any future visits. A special shout out to two staff members: Olga & Olivier. Whenever my friend & I needed help with directions or general information, they were very very helpful and patient with us. I had a foot injury and when I needed ice, they were kind enough to bring it up to the room each night.
A wonderful hotel in a wonderful area!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for 5-6 nights a couple of weeks ago. The hotel is located on a charming street in Saint-Germain--steps away from the action. The rooms are spacious, which is a rare find in Paris, and the rooms are very well appointed. I will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the junior suite if you can
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights. All of the staff were nice except for one. When we first checked in April 26 2014 there was a mean old woman with dark black hair at the reception I have travelled to many countries around the world and in many different locations. I am not new to travel so I know if you have make room requests you really need to point out these requests on the day of check in so I asked if we may please have the room with a shower as some of the rooms at this hotel only have a bath tub or only a shower. As I proceeded she swiftly turned to her colleague raised her voice and said " INCREDIBLE!!!!!!" in French which is the same word in English, considering I was paying over $400 Australian per night it's disappointing she was so rude and sarcastic. The next day I rang and ordered a taxi she told me it would be there in 10 minutes. When I got down stairs and asked her where the taxi was she told me I wasn't checking out for another 10 nights she couldn't even do her job I knew I wasn't checking out i wasn't waiting with my suitcases. She was cruel and nasty beware the old nasty woman with the dark hair had the unpleasantness of her mean character both April 26 and April 27 . She's the worst reception staff I've met in my many years of travel. Thankfully I'm in Monaco now lovely hotel they even gave me an upgrade to the sea view room with beautiful ocean views great to be away from that mean mess in Paris.

Room Tip: Overrated for what you pay for
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We spent an extended Easter weekend at La Villa and were more than pleased with the hotel. We'd certainly stay here again, alone or a deux!

The staff are very helpful and friendly. Good English is spoken by everyone we came across; a help to me who shamefully only has limited French!

We opted for breakfast in our room each morning, adding eggs to the continental fare. It was very good with all options (fried, scrambled, poached) delivered fresh and hot.

The design of the hotel is very pleasing. Modern but subtly coloured. The room (26) was very quiet with no disturbance from the street or adjacent rooms.

The location is perfect for visiting the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Tuileries, Montparnasse Cemetery (Beckett, Jean Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, Man Ray et al). Nearby Metro stations make connections to Gare du Nord and Montmartre very simple (other places too). The nearby streets are full of interesting shops and restaurants of all levels. If a trip to Brasserie Lipp (recommended) or Les Deux Magots is on the agenda they are but a reasonable stroll away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elainemt0
Marie_BREHERET, Directeur général at La Villa Saint-Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Elainemt0,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback relating to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your experience in our hotel was a positive one and you enjoyed the warm hospitality from our team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at La Villa.

Marie BREHERET