Mont Saint-Michel & Normandy Tour - Emi Travel Paris
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“great tour”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

mont saint michele is truly stunning venue, a bucket list sight! the beaches and cemetery are also a must visit if u have any sense od what happened there on june 6, 1944! this tour was wonderful and easy to do.

Visited June 2014

• Thai first
Las Vegas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Not for Those Not in Shape, but Great for Those Who Are”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Let's be honest. If you are not in shape, you shouldn't be attempting to climb to the top. It is still a great view and those who may not make it to the top should at least try to walk to the base of the stairs. This attraction, however, is meant for those who can handle about a 1/2 mile of straight up stairs with few breaks. Set realistic expectations.

Perhaps you should go slower than others and take many breaks. Perhaps you can move up quickly. The point is, I have been here twice and each time I see folks stumble and fall because of exhaustion. How fun is that? I have seen others have heart palpitations. Is this attraction really worth all that? The view from the top is great, but it certainly isn't worth it if you can't make it to the top.

This is great for those in shape, those who can go awhile on the "stair machine" at their local gym, for youth, for those who can walk several miles without interruption.

I would first determine if you are up to it. If you think you are in shape, then this is a great attraction. The first time we saw this, we weren't in great shape, but were healthy enough to take the stairs to the top. It was a real struggle because it kicks your tail. The second trip, we had been working out at the gym for several months before, and it was a much better experience.

Once you get to the top, you see the attraction coming down in a different direction and you really do see all of the rooms. There are no interior decorations (sadly), but your imagination can fill in the blanks. It is certainly majestic. I would love it if they would fill these rooms so as to allow a slower descent through the need to admire the furnishings. The large fireplaces to heat the tour are impressive.

I also like the little tourist area down below. I'm not a big fan of these types of shops traditionally, but the shops are all independently owned, so they each have different charm. Of course, they are a little to a lot overpriced. We ate at a small restaurant near the freeway turn-off and had a fantastic meal at a much better price -- without the tourists -- and enjoyed that experience.

The new village for tourists nearby is a good idea. The buses are practical. The new tram will be fantastic when finished -- almost there. I heard a few tourists who stayed on the Mont overnight complain that it wasn't "all that" because there is really nothing to do and they are captive on the mont. I concur. I don't see the need to stay on the Mont. It might look romantic on a brochure, but there is a lot of charm in the countryside.

I would highly recommend you do this tour on your own and not with a tour. Too many people on a tour make this a really cramped experience. The streets and stairs are not wide. You are better off in groups of four. I actually like the gift shops here. They have much better stuff than most of the official gift shops, so you might consider buying a few items to support the cause.

Visited April 2014
8 Thank nvlawyer
Sendai-shi, Miyagi, Japan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“It is worth visiting.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My aunt wanted to go there and at fisrt I didn't have any interest at all. The scenery we saw from the top was excellent. We ate famous omelet. It was so so.

We liked the atmosphere there, it was sacred.

Visited August 2013
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Normandy/Mont Saint Michel Tour”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Phillip was the tour guide and we stopped for lunch in-between the two tours. I recommend him because he is knowledgeable and easy to talk with about France. I had a better than expected time at Mont Saint Michel; definitely recommend doing both since it breaks the day up nicely.

Bob
Retired Marine Major

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Bob G
Regina, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Truly amazing to see in person”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I think that anyone that goes to France would be foolish not to visit this place. I went when I was young, and catch wait to go back and see it again. Especially considering all the history in the area as well.

Visited March 2013