“100% Great room and Great service in Paris”

Shangri-La Hotel Paris
Ranked #33 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I spent incredible 6 nights in this cosy and luxurious hotel.
The most important thing in a hotel is their bathroom Their bathroom is comfortably clean and spacious. theres a 24 hr heater to prevent you feel cold after shower. damn relaxing.
The moment i enter the room, i feel like im in my own room in Indonesia. i really feel like im in asia but with elegance touch of paris.

Im an asian, sometimes i do still feel racism in some western countries hotels. I can feel that they are not sincere when they serve asian. However, this hotel is definitely different.
The concierge was really friendly and helpfull. Theres one a sudden change in the forecast, they reminded me and lended me their umbrella. They were so thoughtfull.
And they also helped me with dinner reservations and willing to contact me via SMS when i was outside.

Definitely a come back!!! I also love the bulgari parfums that they always spray in every Shangrilla hotel in the world. Success for Shangrilla!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank feliciamintarya
Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The Shangri-La Paris is by far the most elegant hotel I've ever had the pleasure of staying. Attentive but not obtrusive staff. Rooms are well appointed and surprisingly large. Check in is done in the privacy of your room. Beautiful welcome with lovely tea service. My room overlooked the Eiffel Tower with an amazing view of the city. Whether for business or vacation this is definitely a hotel you can count on for service. Restaurant was amazing. Hotel is located in a neighborhood and within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower and shopping. Will DEFINITELY return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My partner and I had a wonderful stay at the Shangri-La in Paris. The room was a duplex suite of an excellent standard. The service was outstanding, our every need was catered for. We ate at the main restaurant, La Bauhinia, the food at both breakfast and dinner was of a very high standard. I was particularly impressed at the range of choice available at dinner, there were both european and asian options. I would also recomend the cocktails in the bar, one of my favourites being the pink lady which I believe is linked to the history of the building. The location is fantastic with Eiffel views. If you're going to Paris and want to be well looked after go to the Shang!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with an Eiffel view
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CWMB
Reviewed 19 May 2011

From the moment I entered the gates of the Shangri La Paris, all the stress began to melt away. Snowstorms in the U.S. and a cancelled flight for my partner, were getting our quick trip to Paris of to a very rough start. The friendliness and assistance of the doormen was greatly appreciated after a red-eye flight. The lobby and registration staff were all attentive and quite expeditious in getting me to my room.
I must say that our room may have been one of the most exquisite rooms in all of Paris. A corner suite with a wrap around terrace you access via dormer windows reveals unto its guests the most incredible view of the Eiffel Tower. I knew instantly that I had a vantage point that most Parisians will never have. The welcome amenity of hot tea and fresh fruit was greatly appreciated and helped to wipe some of the cobwebs away. After my bags quickly arrived, I took a few moments to check out the room as a whole. Very tasteful with a classic elegance. The closet area and bathrooms (1 full and 1 half) were very well appointed. RADIANT HEAT FLOORS IN THE MASTER BATHROOM!!! If you have never experienced it before, you will never want to live without it again.
I found the hotel's location near the Trocadero to be quite convenient, especially as there is a metro station just around the corner. Of course the short walk down to the bridge and over the river to the Eiffel Tower is a must. We also found the Arc de Triomphe and Champs D'Elysee to be quite nearby too.
On the second day, upon the arrival of my partner, we partook of the dining room at La Bauhinia, just off the hotel's lobby. What a delicious and decadent lunch by Chef Philippe Labbé. I long for the venison main course again. The service was top notch and the room was a beautiful oasis for our meal.
We were privileged enough to see the ballrooms on the second floor. (We just asked and were shown around as the gentleman said he had a moment and there were no events underway at the time. I felt like I was back in Versaille. The details of the restoration are phenomenal. It truly was like being in a world class museum.
Yes, I know that this hotel can be worth a pretty penny, but for a moment to relax, leave reality, and/or share a special moment, I can think of no other place I would rather be in Paris.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NYJohnny73
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in a suite with a terrace overlooking the Eiffel Tower - incredible! There are no better views of the Eiffel Tower in Paris than the ones from the Shangri La. The service and attention to detail were remarkable - everyone was so friendly, which isn't always the case in the best palace hotels in Paris. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an exceptionally luxurious stay at a gorgeous hotel with incredible history, fantastic staff, and those amazing views!!!

Room Tip: Any room or Suite overlooking the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank willjvwti
Reviewed 17 May 2011

What a dream hotel the new Shanrgi-La in Paris is! The company has spared no expense to renovate the old Roland Bonaparte palace. The property is the epitome of elegance and luxury with all the highest standards in modern convenience. The views of the Eiffel Tower are nothing short of breathtaking. This is the perfect hotel for a romantic getaway (as it is in a residential area so no hustle and bustle of the city yet convenient to everything) or even better, to propose marriage. The service is world class and superb. The cuisine in the restaurants match the quality of haute cuisine restaurants in the vicinity. The new Shangri-la is a real jewel in a city already famous for its luxury hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank rarditti
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Good points:
- very beautiful historical building after recent restoration
- spacious rooms with terrace and Eifeil tower view (from some rooms)
- central location
- fabulous real 6 star service
- gastronomic restaurant
- free wi-fi

Bad points
- Very expensive but you can understand why it costs so much

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family