“Fantastic - what more can you say!”

Shangri-La Hotel Paris
Ranked #44 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We were bumped from another hotel and were put here in an Eiffel Tower terrace room. What a great piece of luck!

They made us feel so welcome, from the tea to the welcome note it was just great.

The room had the most amazing view of the Eiffel tower from the room, bathroom, terrace, everywhere.

Loved the bathroom, especially the huge shower and tv in the mirror.

Although rainy, loved the view from the terrace and the light show at night.

Yes, it is a little way from the Champs Élysées but that made it even better for us.

If we come back to Paris we will be staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Hotel Paris

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Stayed for 2 days with my wife on vacation. We were upgraded to a suite with an Eiffel tower view. Very nice touch. Staff was flawless. Rooms were spotless and perfectly appointed. Not a single complaint in that department. The location is not the best... On a side street next to Iranian embassy. Eiffel tower is a short walk but no shopping, restaurants, cafes, bars or anything else is around. The hotel is beautiful, like a museum inside but it and the location are missing that "it" factor in terms of vibe and
energy. Great for business traveler, not so much for the vacationer.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I'm a very demanding traveller and accustomed to impeccable service and great hotels. I must say this is one of the finest 5 Star hotels I've every stayed in.

Staff & Service

Simply amazing. GENUINELY friendly and service oriented staff. This is Four Seasons style service at a Shangri-La. Requests were met promptly and with pleasure. All staff from room service, housekeeping, dining room, concierge to doormen were world class. Exceptionally well trained but their level of service goes beyond training. This is an amazing team who genuinely enjoys serving and takes great pride in their lovely hotel and a job well done.

Facilities

Stunning hotel with no expense spared. The renovation of this stately mansion is impressive. Rooms are sparkling new and very tastefully decorated. Be careful with room selection as a terrace and Eiffel Tower view are important. As with many historiic hotels rooms are not standardized "cookie-cutter" shaped. If you have specific requirements for view or space, etc I would be very specific when making your reservation. We viewed a number of rooms and suites and highly recommend the Eiffel Tower view rooms with a terrace. We preferred this room to the suites we viewed.

Location

Some reviews bemoan the location of the Shangri-La but we found it convenient to everything. Paris is the ultimate walking city so go out walk around and enjoy. The Shang is in a gorgeous neighborhood of Embassies and is low key and discrete.

Dining

We enjoyed room service and the morning breakfast. Deliciously prepared food served by a terrific staff. Dinner would be a special treat at either of the two venues but we were both very casually dressed and it did not feel appropraite to dine in these elegant venues without proper attire.

Having stayed at Le Meurice, The Ritz and the Crillon on previous stays I must say the Shangri La Paris is by far the finest option out of this group of famed hotels. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Eiffel Tower View - Request Balcony or Terrace
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Darrell S
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Stayed in a suite at this hotel for 3 nights in July. Staff were all great especially the concierges and restaurant staff . The rooms were new and comfortable. Had a small issue with a film crew using the hotel for a shoot. This is an excellent small hotel in Paris which is a good alternative to George V and should only get better with time. We used Greg at Whatahotel to book this hotel and he provided his usual great service and benefits as we had to change our arrival date quite a few times

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I must say that my fiance and I have traveled many places and stayed in different hotels from quaint small hotels to 5 star chain and boutique hotels. This hotel blew all of them away.

We had booked 3 different hotels for our trip to Paris so we could experience different sections of Paris. The first hotel was a small hotel with few amenities but it had a great view of the Eiffel and was nice. I chose this one for the second because I would be proposing to my girlfriend and this hotel was in a beautiful old building plus had an amazing view of the Eiffel also, larger then life.

From the moment I booked this hotel the staff was very helpful. They emailed and asked if there was any special requests. I mentioned I would be proposing and they immediately gave me ideas and possibilities. I worked with them and settled on having roses of only a few specific colors (300 of them) and candles with champagne set up on the Terrace for the proposal night which was the day we checked in. We settled on having it set up by 6:45 PM. The day we checked in all the staff was tremendously friendly. A member of the staff showed us to our room got us aquainted and then took us up to the Terrace. This was an Eiffel Terrace room 62. It was amazing, they had not set up anything yet so my girlfriend had no idea. The view of the Eiffel was large and unobstructed. Right across the Seine you could see the Eiffel and the rest of Paris laid out before you, needless to say it was perfect. After that we went out sightseeing, after a few hours my girlfriend wanted to headback and I did not want to arrive to early. When we arrived at the room at 7 PM while my girlfriend was down in the room I went to take a quick peek at the Terrace to make sure it was ready and I was not disappointed. The staff had everything set up greater then I could have expected. When I brought my girlfriend up there she was floored and loved every touch, and luckily said yes. After thanking the concierge and staff for their work and confirming we were engaged whenever we saw anybody on the staff they congratulated us.

The room service here was amazing also. They had a vast selection on the menu of different types of food and all of it was delicious and perfect. I have had asian food all over the world but if you get a chance try the Pad Thai here, it was the best ever. Also try the hot chocolate completely perfect.

I must say this was probably the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered. All the staff knew us by name and always made sure everything was perfect. They were genuinely friendly and always were smiling.

When we left this hotel to go to our third it was hard to say good bye. This was truly an amazing experience all around. This is why when we checked into our third hotel we were a little disappointed. It was a five star boutique hotel and it was nice, the interior and everything was good but it was lacking. We decided that we would check out early and spend our last night back at the Shangri La. We were able to get a room which again was amazing. You could see the Eiffel from the bedroom and living room and had an amazing terrace with a motorized awning that we rolled out since it was raining that night so were still able to enjoy the view that night.

Overall there was nothing negative we could say about this hotel, everything was beyond perfect. I will also always be tremendously thankful to the wonderful staff for their kindness and help in making everything perfect.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CAWItravellers
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I spent incredible 6 nights in this cosy and luxurious hotel.
The most important thing in a hotel is their bathroom Their bathroom is comfortably clean and spacious. theres a 24 hr heater to prevent you feel cold after shower. damn relaxing.
The moment i enter the room, i feel like im in my own room in Indonesia. i really feel like im in asia but with elegance touch of paris.

Im an asian, sometimes i do still feel racism in some western countries hotels. I can feel that they are not sincere when they serve asian. However, this hotel is definitely different.
The concierge was really friendly and helpfull. Theres one a sudden change in the forecast, they reminded me and lended me their umbrella. They were so thoughtfull.
And they also helped me with dinner reservations and willing to contact me via SMS when i was outside.

Definitely a come back!!! I also love the bulgari parfums that they always spray in every Shangrilla hotel in the world. Success for Shangrilla!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank feliciamintarya
Reviewed 6 June 2011

The Shangri-La Paris is by far the most elegant hotel I've ever had the pleasure of staying. Attentive but not obtrusive staff. Rooms are well appointed and surprisingly large. Check in is done in the privacy of your room. Beautiful welcome with lovely tea service. My room overlooked the Eiffel Tower with an amazing view of the city. Whether for business or vacation this is definitely a hotel you can count on for service. Restaurant was amazing. Hotel is located in a neighborhood and within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower and shopping. Will DEFINITELY return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business