“Best Luxurious Hotel and Palace in the World!”

Shangri-La Hotel Paris
Ranked #45 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Best Luxurious Hotel and Palace in the World!”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I recently came to Paris with my girlfriend (now fiancée) and stayed at Shangri La from 28th-29th September. My visit was for the very special occasion where I proposed to my girlfriend. Shangri La is the best hotel and palace that we have ever stayed in. From the moment I booked the hotel to the moment we left, we were extremely impressed with all the staff at Shangri La, Paris. I was able to book the room I wanted (Eiffel Premier Room), which has the most amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and River Seine. The room was luxurious and to perfection. It was so amazing that we didn’t want to leave the next day!

The hotel service is top class. All the staff made us feel welcomed and it was evident that they treated all guests with equal respect. They were always extremely helpful, courteous and performed to a top standard.

The Guest Relations Manager, Dina Luis organised everything for our special occasion. She understood the situation and she made sure that the arrangements fit with my plans for the evening and for our stay. She arranged our room and the terrace to a breath taking romantic atmosphere so that when my girlfriend returned the room, she would be surprised. The arrangement on the terrace was exquisite. It was absolutely perfect and even better than I would have thought. Our dinner on our terrace was like a dream.

Pierre (the server for our dinner) is very professional and greeted us very happily and made us feel very welcomed. He was there at every moment I required his service and waited for us in the cold while we made our way to the terrace. The reservations department were very helpful, answering all my questions instantly and helping me book the room I wanted. The concierge and reception staff members on the night were extremely enthusiastic and excited for the big occasion. Furthermore, our compliments to the Chef for providing an amazing top class meal (I especially enjoyed the Sup Dhall Dengan Ayam (Malaysia) starter). The macarons and chocolate cake were delicious and excellent choice of champagne. I really felt that all the staff members were attentive and extremely helpful. It felt like a family who were supporting me all the way and wishing me greatly for this big night. Breakfast at La Bauhinia was extremely fresh and a beautiful place like the rest of the Parisian palace.

Thank you to all the staff at Shangri La for making our dreams come true and making this the best holiday ever. We are even considering doing our wedding at Shangri La due to the excellent service and we will definitely return on the next time we come to Paris.

5 Thank Mayooran M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We were there for our honeymoon in September. We stayed in the room with Eiffel view. The view was AMAZING!! best view you can ever imagine.

The hotel is very new and beautifully designed. Bright room with beautiful decor, chandelier, Huge bed, big size room, a walk-in closet, even eiffel tower view in our bath room. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and had wonderful time.

Service is very good and personal. My husband accidentally dropped the camera lens cap outside the window, and we approached the roomservice staff for help. After a while 2 engineers appeared in our door with the found lens cap. We are so grateful for the staffs and the extra effort they made to help our stay perfect.

Will definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for the perfect stay in Paris. It cost quite a bit but the beautiful experience that you get will make every penny worth well.

Room Tip: get a room with Eiffel view!
5 Thank WonderGey
nyc
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during our trip to Paris. Check-in and out was a bit long, but it was worth it. Top notched service from the day we arrived to our departure. Our room was a duplex with a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower! A great way to end our trip to Europe.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank c'est la v
Lagos
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my cousins while attending a wedding in Paris. I absolutely loved it. The room was spacious and luxurious! And the bathroom!.... that was sheer luxury. The bed was comfortable with soft, nice bed linens and sleep was blissful for the 2 nights. Service was excellent and staff were super! We didn't eat in the hotel as we were out during the day. Nice luxurious lobby. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, though pricey but worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ronnie28
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Beautiful setting in a historical "hotel particulier" which may well be to date the most beautiful hotel in Paris even if somewhat a bit out of the way. However, the service at the bar was far from perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sylviane W
Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Paris brings nothing in terms of value for money to the traveller. The rooms are small, the service minimal. However the new breed of asian hotels entering into the Parisian Market will bring new energy to the tired establishment. The shangri-la brings to paris the amazing service you would expect from asia with the fine french sensibility of style and refinement. Forget about George V. this is where it is at. the hotel is just around the corner from the main attractions and yet far away enough to get away from it all. Like an oasis, it is like coming home. the staff provide prompt but invisible service. your needs are met even before you actually anticipate it. impossible to imagine? stay there and you will see. The best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Restaurants are pricy. The food is overpriced for simple foods like the asian cuisine. So step out a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FRParadise
Sofia
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The duplex suit we had for over two tousands per night was rather strange as architecture, shallow staircase, with no separate bedroom and living space and a single toilet. And the worst was the noise from the kitchen from early morning till late night.
The property is really nice, but a pure waist of all its potential. There's no open space terrace or garden dining, no swimming pool, no flowers or green pots in the rooms, in the lobby or at the terraces. The stuff was helpful but not exceptional.

14 Thank Milena P