Shangri-La Hotel Paris
US$228
US$146
US$126
Official Site
Grand Hotel Francais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$444
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
1,407 results
All reviewsshang palacela bauhiniaeiffel towerterrace suiteroland bonapartepremier roomconcierge teamle barbeautiful hotelmacaroonsroom serviceguest relationsfour seasonsmemorable staygeorge vfive star hotelour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Was treated to a night here for my birthday in July and had a lovely visit. The hotel is situated in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, and the balcony of our suite had the most amazing view (particularly at night). Absolutely enchanting.

The neighborhood is posh and quiet, and the service was uniformly exceptional. Our only complaint was that the hotel took no notice of our early check in request, and thus we had to wander Paris for some hours prior to having access to our room. Perhaps this couldn't be avoided (which is entirely possible) but it would have been nice to have it acknowledged at the time of check in, simply as a courtesy.

Otherwise, a truly lovely hotel experience and highly recommended (if you have an Eiffel Tower view).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zoedodger
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed in a room with a terrace. Effifel tower was right in front of our eyes. Elegant interior but most important of all, flawless service.

Staff at the reception was professional and helpful. I forgot that a euro125 F&B credit was included in the package. I was reminded when I checked out but we were leaving Paris and wouldn't have time to use it. Turned out that our friend who travelled with us had dinner the night before in the hotel and had paid separately. The front desk staff credited him the amount. The whole thing was settled efficiently. Though the staff had to made couple of calls, everything was done in less than 5min, and she had this very genuine smile all the time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LIGCouple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 night in a wonderful Deluxe Suites room 209 which had a big terrace and wonder tower views. At 2,000+ euro per night and a simple breakfast at 50 euro each its very expensive even for a wealthy guest, but you really get what you pay for! The hotel even arranged a VIP Disney tour with a guide and no waiting in lines (for a price) which I found out of the way helpful. They even got last minute tower dinner reservation hours before. They even offer free S class transfer between 7-9pm for dinner.

When you stay here people know to take you for what you seriously.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ABLon
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed here last week for two nights (Sunday and Monday). My arrival from the USA mid-morning was graciously handled by the Front Desk staff who made me feel welcome instantly. Even though my room wasn't ready at that moment, they made a real commitment to getting it done ahead of time....and they did within 15 minutes. Check-in was done in the 19th Century Lounge with my choice of beverage. The room was very tasteful, well appointed, The bed was very comfortable, second floor view ...not so good.

Lets highlight the best parts of my experience: the Concierge Adrien and the doorman. Both were totally and appropriately engaged and authentic. We wanted to go to a particular Paris wine bar on Sunday evening. It wasn't open. Apparently, unbeknownst to me and my colleague, few are. But Adrien was determined to not only find us one but find us one that responded to our stated desires (including accommodating vegetarian dining). After about 15 minutes of searching, calling and just not giving up..he did, on the left bank and it was great.

The hotel's location is really good...right across the river from the Eiffel Tower.

A few nit picks but worth noting: 1) the amenities in the room are fine but not great - eg. no shaving kit/cream, 2) if you need/want a fitness center, beware it isn't finished yet so check when your reserve. A hotel of this elegance and stature should have a best of breed fitness center and I don't think it does.

But, when in Paris stay here if you can. It is a real pleasure. And, say hi to Adrien for me....and give him a challenge, he won't disappoint.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank CGCx
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The hotel is perfectly located right in the heart of the shopping district. The rooms are a good size, very comfortable with excellent facilities. The team provide excellent service in all areas from check in , through to the restaurant and bars and concierge services, they really cannot do enough for you. Any request made from our room was attended to quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in Paris, it really is a must!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple