“Outstanding experience in a terrific location.”

Shangri-La Hotel Paris
Ranked #46 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Outstanding experience in a terrific location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had this hotel recommended to us while booking through American Express Centurion travel services. We were told that the feed back had been quite good. I am happy to say that our experience was in fact very good. The check in process went very well with a very short wait for our room. We arrived from Toronto very early in the morning and to the hotel before noon. The staff were very accommodating and did everything to make us comfortable. Our first meal (lunch) was in the Shang Palace for dim sum which was a terrific meal. If you like dim sum, visit the Shang Palace. Although we took the rest of our meals out, our breakfast was part of our package and was very good and satisfying with many choices and with outstanding service. We had the tea service our last day there. The downside of that experience was that it took an extremely long time for our order and we had after/evening plans. We had to cancel our order, but what could have become the one and only negative experience at the Shangri-La was made instantly better by the service captain who apologized profusely and had us go to a pastry cart and pick out what we liked and served us tea - he did not charge us and again offered us an apology for the inconvenience of our time being taken up by having to wait so long. This was a very redeeming solution and again spoke highly of customer service.

The hotel has excellent amenities. Our room, which did not face the Eiffle Tower, was still a magnificent room with large bright windows facing out over the Avenue D'Lena. The room was surprisingly quiet given that it faced the street..

All in all, we will return to the Shangri-La, Paris on our next trip. Close to the Eiffle tower and central to just about everything, it is very conveniently located to public transit as well. I would highly recommend the Shagri-La Paris. Be advised that we have heard that rooms may often not be ready on arrival. Ours wasn't, but we were exceptionally early. We also had some confusion with the final settlement of our room charges differing from the Centurion package offer we took. However, the hotel on review quickly accepted our package and without issue or any dispute quickly settled the problem in our favour. The quality of customer service is quite good.

This was an overall good experience. I should add that this is not an overly large hotel and so it is quiet and puts forth a very calm and relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you can try for an Eiffle Tower view, but you won't be disappointed with a street facing room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear BDurk2013,

What an amazing and detailed comment about your stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris, thank you very much!

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay from the check-in to the check-out and that our team delivered a high quality of service. As you may know, it is one of our priority and it is always a pleasure to have such a very positive reviews from our guests.
I am also very happy to learn that you had a lunch in our Cantonese restaurant Shang Palace by enjoying dim sum menu. Our Cantonese Chef Frank Xu is very implicated to propose traditional Cantonese cuisine and I will share your very nice feedback with him and his team. Also, it seems you also liked your breakfast and service delivered and I would like to thank you for mentioning it.
However, I also understand that you had some issues with your tea time order and I would personally apologize for this and assured you that we have already taken into account your remark in order to not reproduce the same mistake in the future.

Finally, I am very happy that your Parisian trip was enjoyable thanks to the location of the hotel which is, indeed, "close to the Eiffel Tower and conveniently located to public transit as well". Again, let me thank you for this very useful review and it would be an honor for us to welcome you back you back for your next Parisian getaway.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Is there such a thing as a perfect hotel? I think I found one: the Shangir-La Hotel in Paris. The staff was extraordinary. The Hotel manager Stefan Bollhalder made our trip perfect. The place just hums with confident skill. The staff genuinely enjoys having guests. I took my daughter to Paris for her first time there and the hotel made her feel like she was the most important guest they have ever had. And the view from the rooftop lounge is as classic as it gets.

Room Tip: I only saw the room we stayed in but it was lovely and the staff was there to take care of every nee...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Hunter M
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Hunter M,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! It is a real pleasure to read that your daughter also enjoyed her first trip to Paris and also the quality of service delivered by our team.

Finally, I am delighted to know that you did enjoy the view of the Eiffel Tower from our Shangri-La Rooftop Lounge!

It will be an honor to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Shangri La hotels rarely disappoint and the Shangri La Paris is no exception.

On arrival in the afternoon, we were informed that our room was not yet ready and Tatiana, who was looking after us on Reception, very kindly upgraded us to a suite. The way Tatiana welcomed us and looked after us is exactly what I find with Shangri La hotels all around the world and is the very reason that it is my first choice.

The suite was lovely with a separate lounge room and in the bedroom there was a nice King size bed. Beautiful french windows were in every room which opened to let in the fresh air which was so refreshing as it is something which seems less possible to do in modern day hotels. The bathroom was beautifully appointed and big!

Free Wifi is something that all Shangri La properties offer and is something that other hotels should take note of. It is one of my bug bears that hotels still charge exorbitant fees for using the internet in this day and age. The quality of the Wifi offered was great and there were no issues connecting to it whether in the room or the public areas.

The Concierge was also very helpful and recommended a lovely restaurant to go to with our friends and she even catered to our constantly changing requirements with no problem.

The hotel is well located, with the Llana Metro station just a few seconds walk outside the front door. There is also the Trocadero just a couple of minutes walk away as is the Seine and the beautiful Eiffel Tower.

Our flight was not until quite late and although the hotel very generously offered a later check out, it would have meant that we still had to wait around before going to the airport. The hotel had no issues with us storing our luggage whilst we enjoyed the wonders of Paris, and then using the swimming pool and shower facilities when we returned to the hotel prior to being picked up.

The Shangri La Paris is by no means cheap to stay at, but it shouldn't be overlooked because of that. It was the perfect way to finish what was a wonderful holiday in France and I hope that I have the opportunity to stay then again in the future.

2 Thank Richard B
Dear Richard B,

Thank you very much for your very positive review about your stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris and your loyalty beside the Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts. It is much appreciated to know that you did enjoy your stay through the service delivered and our facilities. Free WiFi is, indeed, offer in all Shangri-La properties and I am very happy that you had enjoyed it in every areas of the hotel. It is also a pleasure to know that you appreciated your Suite with a king size bed, French windows and that you also enjoyed the bathroom.
Finally, I am more than happy to read that our team delivered a high quality of service and that you experienced our Asian Hospitality from the heart.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Six months ago my fiancee and I got engaged at the Shangri La hotel in Paris. She always dreamed about a romantic engagement in Paris with a view of the city and the Shangri La was by far the best choice.

Living abroad, I did not have the chance to check in advance all the options available in Paris. So I started looking on a map for hotels approximately close to the Eiffel Tower. A lot of them advertise pictures of the view with the tower, but none of them is as good as the Shangri La (check the map).
After reducing my list to a few hotels, I called each one of them to present my plan. The people at the Shangri La were directly on top of everything, there were no way for me to trust anyone else.

If you have any special events that you would like to organize, I would highly recommend Dina Louis. She managed to prepare everything I wanted and went even beyond my expectations.

Shangri La is a must stay in Paris!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear PhilSF2014,

What a lovely comment about your romantic stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris. First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for such an important occasion as engagement. I am very happy to read that you choose our hotel thanks to the pictures displayed on our website and the view of the Eiffel Tower.
It is also a real pleasure to read that our team has delivered a high quality of service during your stay "above your expectations" and I would like to thank you for mentioning it in your review. Be sure that I will share your very nice comment with all our people.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

It may be a harsh rating- the staff was friendly, beautifully appointed hotel and the most comfortable beds!! But we left a little underwhelmed. We paid AU $2000 for the room and we arrived in it to find a view of a wall. We spoke to staff who very kindly gave us an upgrade to a room which had a Nice garden view and we could see the top of the Eiffel Tower. Not great value for money- we'd just come from 6 nights at the Hotel Lancaster and should have stayed there.

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor rooms!!
4 Thank Talitha C
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Talitha C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Be assured that I have well-noted your remark concerning your room and I am glad that our complementary upgrade to suite was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to show you our true hospitality from the heart.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very Beautiful Hotel, Clean, good view of the eiffel tower, most of the staff are very accommodating, Our only complaint was at the reception where the lady attending was somewhat not happy in talking to us, and she also told us she would call us, when the room is ready, but did not (since we arrived early around 11am) we eventually went back around 3:30pm, but we never received a call.
Overall a very good hotel, a must stay in paris

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

3 Thank Jeffrey168
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jeffrey168,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read that you encountered some issue with your check-in and I would like to present my apologize for this. Despite the problem encountered, it seems that you spent a nice stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Paris and I would like to thank you for mentioning this.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you the improvements made and to provide you with the Shangri-La Experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back and showing you our true hospitality from the heart.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Yes it is expensive, but you don't want to take risks on your hotel in Paris do you ? Great location. Superb French and Chinese restaurants. Very good breakfast in a lovely room. Large, powerful shower in a good size room. Blackout curtains, quiet rooms. Swimming pool. The staff seem happy and professional which is a credit to the management.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wacko123
ShangriLaParis, Directeur général at Shangri-La Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Wacko123,

What a very nice review about your stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Paris, thank you! I am really happy to read that you did enjoy your stay through our restaurants, the swimming-pool bathed in a natural light and also your room. It is very important for us to deliver a high quality of service and I am more than happy to read that our teams "seem happy and professional" according to you and I would like to thank you for highlighting this in your review.

Be sure that I will share your very kind comment to all our team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.