“Good hotel, nothing special”
Review of Hotel Chopin

Hotel Chopin
Ranked #289 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel offers basic rooms in a good location. If you want a good place to sleep and somewhere with good transport links (metro 2 min walk) then this is a good bet. It has wi-fi in the lobby (not in rooms - bit annoying). Staff speak good english and helped my girlfriend when she lost her wallet. But, at the end of the day, it doesn't offer anything apart from a bed to sleep in. Would go again if I am on a similar but budget, but certainly wouldn't go back if I had a bit more money to spend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank samslo

Reviewed 8 July 2012

A,lthough this hotel is in a great location, situated at the end of an elegant Passage close to the metro, its rooms are al little shabby and in need of a face lift.
That said comfy bed good shower and very clean good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank paulandlinda04
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were planning our 10th anniversary in Paris and started looking through TA for places to stay. Hotel Chopin is what we narrowed down to and boy are we glad we did!!! We spend 3 nights there(so less :(((( ) What amazed us was the location. It is on Boulevard Montmarte tucked away cozily at the end of Passage Jouffroy. We got down from the Roisseybus at Opera and wanted to grab a taxi to this. The cab driver told us to keep walking for 3 mins and we would reach the place....yup 4-5 mins it was. Let me describe the great location. You step out of passage jouffroy and 12 m to your right is the HOHO stop. If you go 80 m to the left you come to Grands Boulevards metro station. Just before the metro is the Oz Cafe. Just before the HOHO stop is Cafe Zephyr and Hard Rock... I mean can it possible get better? Dont think so. The hotel is run by karine, sandrien and luvidine - 3 ladies who are always smiling and want to help you have a good time. We got in from Dubai via zurch after a 8 hour flight at 10 am in the morning and I called Karine the previous day begging for an early check in. She made me feel so much at home and the charming room on the 3rd floor for 3 of us(we took out 6 year old along) was ready. The lift is a stardard parisian lift which can take 225 ks of weight. Am not going to say how many ppl coz that depends on the meals you've had. Did I mention that the passage jouffroy also has the most amzing patisserie that serves the most divine creations(some philistines could call them deserts) to consume and just go mmmmmmmm - check the photos. We didnt opt for the breakfast in the hotel and paid 136 euros per night for the room which I thought is quite reasonable. The weather was divine on all 4 days and this just happens to be the best holiday we've had .....ever. Thanks to Hotel Chopin and the team taking care of us!!! We have to come back here again...and again....and again!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mcairae
Reviewed 3 June 2012

A friend and I were talking about Paris yesterday and I started raving about this hotel (9 months after I visited!) so thought I should finally post my review.
I love it. It is a little gem and I am so happy we stayed there. I spent hours trawling the internet trying to find a decent hotel at a good price (not easy!). This one is great value for money by Paris standards. Located at the end of a pretty passage/arcade lined with shops, Hotel Chopin is charming and quaint. If you're looking for modern and shiny luxury, this is not the hotel for you. But you if you (like me) enjoy the historical and romantic character of Paris - look no further. Run by two lovely, friendly, welcoming (and English speaking) ladies, this hotel exudes the essence of Paris. We were also impressed by how comfortable our room was. Located on the top floor at the very back of the building, it had a view over grey rooftops and was much quieter than I would have expected for the middle of Paris. We also had a big and clean bathroom with a bath, the bed was comfy enough. The decor is quite old, slightly worn with time but not shabby. You can also open up the windows. We also recommend the little cafe on the right hand corner as you walk out of the passage - so much charm, great coffee and nice breakfast. We loved Hotel Chopin and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RJHolmes
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Hotel Chopin is a charming hotel in the centre of Paris, hidden in one of eldest passages, the Jouffroy in the middle of de Boulevard Montmartre. The hotel is runned by to two charming and friendly ladies. Don't expect a luxury hotel, but the rooms are well cleaned and completed with a fine bathroom with an execellent shower. The hotel has really anything you need, ncluding breakfast for a very fair price.
From Chopin you walk to all the famous sightseeings like Montmartre with the Sacre Coeur, the Opera, the Louvre, the Notre Dame and many other places. And when you are tired from walking the cheap Paris taxis bring you back to the hotel for only 7 or 8 euros. Metro is close and from the metrostation at the Bourse (400 meters) the metro brings you directly to Père Lachaise.

We had a wonderful time in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LeovdM
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I read several comments about this hotel before a reservation. I trusted in a majority of cases. And, they were accurete. I spent nine nights in April/12.

This hotel is old, but it is clean (for me one of the most important characterists). I used its kitchen to cook some potatoes for Paris Marathon. They permitted and could check that it was very clean.
Noises at night were one of my worries, but I haven't had problems with that.

Breakfast is simple, but it is enough. Excelent orange juice (made from Morocco, I saw "origin" at kitchen) and good croissant and baguette. If you want a extremely tasty croissant there is a boulangerie at hotel gallery where you can breakfast.

The room I've checked (classic) was small, but confortable. I just make a remark about its carpet. I don't like it, but there was not any respiratory consequences.

In sum, I liked this hotel for its budget price and location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank pcrpcm p
Reviewed 15 April 2012

From the moment I checked in to this lovely quiet friendly hotel I knew I would be back! Sandrine gave me the warmest welcome which was most appreciated after a long overnight flight. The room was a comfortable size, not large but really who goes to Paris to stay in the hotel room. The room was spotlessly clean and very very quiet because it is at the back of a passage away from the noise of Blvd. Montmartre. The location is also perfect, a 20 minute walk from the Louvre and also from Montmartre. It is incredibly reasonably priced...88 euros for a single with a great breakfast for an additional 7 euros. There is no wifi in the rooms but it is available for free in the lobby and breakfast room. It is a charming hotel at an amazingly reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2012