Just got back from a stay in Paris and booked this hotel despite the reviews. It seems they were either great or terrible!!
Firstly the location - know Paris well and this hotel couldn't have been better situated for central Paris, it was among other hotels on a really classy road. Easy access to everywhere, you could pretty much walk everywhere.
Secondly the lobby and public areas - Yes the lobby a little 'cold' looking as per another review, but the bar area was nice, the sofas around were comfortable and all very nice.
The spa - Really lovely pool, small steam room, nice look gym (didn't try it!) Changing areas were small and you did have to walk through teh hotel in your robe, but as everyone else did it wasn't a massive issue for me.
The room - we had a suite, so I cannot comment on other rooms - we had room number 228 which was GREAT. It was a duplex room with a FULL KINGSIZED bed upstairs and a second bateau lit type bed downstairs, this made up 2 singles for our children, which we were able to separate and have across from each other. We also had a sofa and a nice view of the courtyard. Bathroom had a small bath, a decent shower and double sinks, Nothing very luxurious and cheapish freebie bath products (not a massive issue)
I guess if you were being picky there was a wonky lightswitch, a bit of chipped pain here and there and the finish wasn't immaculate. For a hotel that has been renovated it has not been done to the highest standards.
OVERALL the service was fantastic, really nice staff, we asked for extra robes for the kids so we could go to the pool and they came in 5 minutes with childrens sized ones, but for some reason took all the robes away the next day?? We didn't need them again so not an issue and I am sure we could have got some sent up again. The beds were brilliantly comfy, better than any hotel I have slept in! Even the sofabed ones for comfy for grown-ups my husband said as he had a nap early evening on the kids bed!
We booked thiis hotel via Eurostar holidays and it was a bargain, at 'rack rate' or published rates it would be price, however we wanted 1 room to sleep 4 in central paris and didn't want a Novotel or another chain. This hotel met and exceeded expectations even after reading every review. I booked a Junior Suite, but called in advance and managed to get a free upgrade as they had messed up my booking.
If you can get a good deal, and don't expect 5 star luxury, 4 stars in Paris is similar to 3 stars elsewhere I feel (2 star hotels you really cannot swing a cat in) I have stayed in 5 star hotels and in no-star hotels and I think this hotel was perfect for what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, member of Great Hotels of the World and the chain Les Hotels France Patrimoine, Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa offers 194 rooms and suites in a XVIIth century Establishment. Mainly overlooking inner garden and courtyards, this 4 stars Hotel is a real haven of peace in the centre of the French capital. Thanks to its first bio Parisian SPA**** and its wonderful indoor pool, the atmosphere of this Hotel is very relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saint James Albany Hotel-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Paris
- Saint James And Albany Hotel-Spa
- Clarion Paris
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Spa