“Average”

Normandy Hotel
Ranked #1,496 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Average”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel definitely needs a refurb but was perfectly adequate for our requirements. We knew we only needed a base in Paris and that we wouldn't spend time in the hotel other than to sleep so, for this, it was perfect. The bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly. The lovely concierge also helped us to book a fabulous restaurant for our anniversary dinner which was great

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ceebs75
HotelsDeParis, Responsable relations clients at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to writer your kind comment. We will share this comment with all the team especially to our “lovely concierge”.

Happy anniversary!

Kind regards,

The Normandy Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Novato, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The location of this hotel is the best thing we can say about our stay. The room was tiny, without air conditioning, but did have a fan. Bathroom was newer and cleaner than bedroom area. Beds we soft and single mattress. Walls were dirty and furnishings needed revamping. Staff was not friendly. Price was ok, but probably not a good value.

Daytime concierge was knowledgable and the most personable employee. He did book us a City tour with hotel pick up, Eiffel Tower lunch, and Seine cruise, but charged us a hefty fee to arrange this. The nighttime concierge told us he was new (second night on the job, although he assured us he worked in the industry many years), but couldn't get us transfers from the hotel to Orly less than 65 Euros. We had been quoted around 33 Euros by the daytime concierge and told no advance booking would be required. We we spoke with the night concierge the evening prior to our morning departure, he made it sound like we'd be lucky to find anyone to take us to the airport due to our late request for transportation. My 14-year old daughter found us a semi-private transfer in a Mercedes fir 18 Euros within minutes on her computer. Either the night concierge isn't knowledgeable or he's ripping travelers off. We were not pleased with the service.

Other than location, I would not recommend this hotel and would choose another hotel next time we're in Paris.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SkiingFamily2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A terrible hotel and a complete rip-off.. To start with they tried to palm us off with an inferior room to the one we had booked and paid for - rectified but not a word of apology. Even once re-located - air conditioning broken, taps not working, two safes in room with wires hanging out and neither working, mini bar completely empty. So virtually none of advertised facilities actually available except a bed! Not the staff's fault but they were really surly - presumably fed up with constant customer complaints! Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JohnG G
Dear customer,

With regrets I see your stay was not up to the standard expected in our hotel.

I am glad that my team has provided a solution for the rest of your stay. As per your comments, few points will be shared with the all hotel team to contribute to our service improvement.

Thank you again.

The Hotel management team

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I booked this hotel via the Eurostar site as it was well located and a 4-star so 'what could possibly go wrong'. Well this was the worst hotel I've stayed in for 30-years of business travel. I should have known that it was going wrong when I checked in and the people next to me were leaving having been to their room and decided they couldn't stay there. The hotel is grubby, the decor extremely tatty, and the rooms were smelly.

I arrived at just before midnight and if it were earlier I would have walked out. As it was I slept on top of the sheets under a towel as I couldn't bring myself to go under them.

The hotel tried to make me pay again for the room even through I prepaid and after 5-mins of arguing they 'magically' found the pre-payment slip in the pile in front of them.

This is the first time I've posted on Tripadvisor but this hotel was so poor I felt compelled to do so.

I've given the hotel a 'one-star' as you can't give zero!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Andyy0
Indore, India
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Old and dilapidated building and rooms as u can see in many people's snaps. Bedsprings, floor, and doors everything creaked. No ventilation and no airconditioning. Couldnt sleep because of suffocation and creaking roof. You can hear ppl walking upstairs. Towels were smelly and paint,wallpaper was peeling. No complimentary breakfast and not even a water bottle in room.you can get good hotels at half its rate with better service and rooms.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank amitortho
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a really marvelous experience at the Normandy Hotel - it is located practically in front of the Museum of Decorative Arts In Paris. I stayed there for 2 weeks! The price was right and the location was wonderful. I've stayed there several times in the past and I've not had a bad experience there. This is not a new hotel but it is full of very charming and nice people - the maid service was excellent and I had a great time. I recommend this hotel for the convenience to the Opera area, all of the top museums, and Latin Quarter. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are very spacious as its in an old building and with that you get space! Space is not something you often find in inner city Paris. Overall I enjoyed my stay 100 per cent. thank you for a good trip and a great get away Hotel Normandy. Nanette Hayakawa

Room Tip: Stay for a longer period of time, as it takes a while to see everything you want to in Paris!! They...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Nanette H
HotelsDeParis, Responsable relations clients at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2014
Dear Guest,

We are really glad to learn that you enjoyed your long stay at the Normandy Hotel !

Your satisfaction is a great reward for all our team and we hope to welcoming you back as soon as possible for another " fantastique stay" !

The Normandy Hotel Management
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had booked this hotel because the location was very good and it was 4 stars. The stars must have been stolen from another hotel because this was not even 1 star.
I have worked 20 years in travel industry and this is one of the worst I've seen.
The only good thing is the location, it is excellent if you want to stay central. Reception and exterior look is okay but when you pass the reception the nightmare begins. The hotel is a laberint of old shabby corridors. Rooms could not possibly be refurbished since the French Revolution and the beds are so hard that you might as well slept outside on the pavement. There are so poorly soundproofed so you hear what happens several rooms away.
We are going back to Paris again at least once every year, but never to this stink again.

Room Tip: The only way to get a good room is to select another Hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Roger F
HotelsDeParis, Responsable relations clients at Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel. Indeed, It is ideal to visit Paris unhurriedly.

However, We are sorry to see that you did not appreciate your stay in Normandy Hotel.

Regards,