“Excellent hotel & location, except for the metro!”

Hotel Opera Richepanse
Ranked #140 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent hotel & location, except for the metro!”
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel!

We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the ambience and the locality of the hotel. Some travel websites only indicate this hotel as 3 stars, but 4 stars is more on the mark. Good value for a Paris hotel.

The next time I stay there, I will definately request a room higher up in the building so as to avoid the underground metro rumble! Luckily the metro stops around 11pm so did not affect us that much.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alfa_Vic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We had a three night reservation for a family suite. The suite was beautiful and clean. We had a balcony overlooking the street below. It was fun to sip coffee and tea on the balcony while watching the bustling street below. The location is close to many attractions, restaurants and bars. Yes, as other reviewers have written, the nearby food and beverage can be a little pricey, but what we expected prior to our arrival. This hotel has great character, with each room unique. The building is a real gem and so solid that not a peep of noise could be heard from nearby rooms. Even hallway noise was at a minimum. The staff, especially the manager, were so friendly and helpful that it made our stay much more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
vorselaar
Reviewed 26 May 2010

this is a very good hotel , but absolutely no Wow factor. Very clean hotel rooms !!
missing: place to have a drink or just sit down ; the lobby is very small.
BEWARE: don't take a room on first floor !!!!!! you will feel the metro !!! I assume that a room a couple of floors higher would be ok. On first floor you will also hear a lot of streetnoise.
overall ok hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2010

As we only had 2 nights in Paris, I chose this hotel for its central location. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was lovely. We were there on week nights, but the room was quiet.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 6 May 2010

After we checked out they said we had broken something and debited it to our card...nothingwas broken and when we complaiend they said we should think of it as a room supplement. If you do have to stay there, I would recommend only paying cash so they cannot steal from you...or alternatively making the general manager check the condition of your room so he is aware nothing has been damaged...to stop his staff taking money from your credit card!

Best thing to do though is JUST DON'T STAY HERE! There are many better places in Paris!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank hoteliersfriend
Mihci, Manager at Hotel Opera Richepanse, responded to this review, 10 May 2010
Dear Tripadvisor travellers,

Please find herewith the facts of this matter:

- the reservation was made for 1 adult, 1 children and 1 baby for a double superior room (I allowed a baby even though it is normally a room for 2)
- finally 4 people (2 adults + 2 children) with a stroller occupied the superior double room. The receptionist saw it at the check-out.
- I personally realised that the art work was broken just 10 min after the guests left the hotel so there was no doubt

First, I would have appreciated that the guest asked me if an additional adult could stay in the superior room. I would have suggested changing the room for a family one for security and comfort reasons.

Secondly, I would have appreciated that the client told me that he accidentally broke the art work and the matter would have been resolved directly at the hotel.

It is not my policy to charge the money on the credit card and I would rather find a solution directly with the guest. This client damaged the hotel furniture (paying for it is a part of the civic responsibility of each) and he hid the 4th person in the room.

Now, it is up to you to judge…

Justine Mihci
Hotel Manager
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This small, friendly, comfortable hotel is a tremendous find in the 1st arrondissement. Booked a VIP room (#14), which was quite comfortable with a king-size bed, small table with 2 chairs, loveseat, flat panel TV, mini bar, and charming bathroom. The room size was much, much larger than anticipated, considering its in-city location. Arrived several hours in advance of the check in time, but, luckily, the room was ready, and check in was a breeze. Overall, the hotel and room were well maintained (although I was taken back by the number of stains on the carpet in the room, as they do allow small pets), and were tastefully decorated in art nouveau style. As others have reported, the street noise can be a bit much, but just pop in some ear plugs, and you'll have a good night's sleep.

Because of the hotel's extremely convenient location -- a mere 10-minute walk from the Louvre and the Batobus stop (highly recommend the multi-day pass so you can hop on / hop off at any of their eight, conveniently located docks near all the big attractions along the Seine) -- it is a great "home base" from which to explore all of Paris. In fact, because of this location, I was able to visit the Louvre, Musee de l'Orangerie, Ile de la Cite / Notre Dame, the Bastile, Place de Vogues, Statue de la Liberty, Tour Eiffell, Musee d'Orsay, Musee Rodin, Invalides, Musee de l'Armee and the Petit & Grand Palais in 3 days!

The staff - especially Annie and Jeremy - couldn't be more professional, courteous, helpful or friendly: where else would room service staff bring you a chocolate Easter bunny when they brought your requested bucket of ice?

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank JFsB
Mihci, Manager at Hotel Opera Richepanse, responded to this review, 29 April 2010
Dear Madame,

First I would like to thank you for having chosen our property for your last stay in Paris, and also for having taken the time to share your comments and appreciation on Tripadvisor.

We are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and Annie and Jeremy were most touched by your kind words.

Nevertheless I was surprised to learn about the stains you found on the carpet in your room. As we are very careful about the cleanness I looked carefully the carpet and I did not find any spots in the room nr 14 but I thing there was confusion with the reflections caused by the steps or red floral patterns. The carpets are vacuum cleaned every day and washed regularly and even thought I accept the small pets, I do not accept any spots left by them.

Concerning the noise, I am happy to inform you that we are going to change the windows in all rooms. So when you will be back in the next future I promise, you will not need the ear plugs any more.

All the staff and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Justine Mihci
Hotel Manager
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Stayed six nights in VIP room #57. The beginning of the stay was bumpy: I'd reserved a non-smoking room and called 10 days in advance to confirm all details. The nice lady even said they'd have room made up early for us b/c our flight arrived so early (6:30 am, putting us at hotel around 9:30am). When we arrived, the room was not to be ready until 2pm, normal check-in time. We did the jet-lag-walk-around and I rested in lobby until room was ready. Unfortunately, the room was a smoking room. The smell was intense and the product used to mask the smell almost as bad. After being told we could not switch rooms, we moved to a much nicer room. It was huge (for Paris) and faced a quiet side (we gave up a modest view of Madeleine church that we had from smoking room). The bathroom was very nice and big. Despite not getting much direct sun, the room was fairly light because of its large floor-to-ceiling windows that open. Coffee pot in room and we used mini fridge for our own goodies. Grocery store close by. Easy walk to Louvre, Metro, Concorde, Orsay and much more. The bed was hard, but that seems to be the way of Europe. Towel warmer in bathroom was nice touch and helpful for the little sink laundry we did. The shopping is very expensive in the area - lots of luxury chains. Myriad cafes in the area - tho those near hotel are way overpriced, beware. The staff was so helpful throughout our stay, especially Jeremy.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple