“Wonderful hotel! Well Located!”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #351 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Big rooms, with a double bed and two single beds, helpfull staff! good breakfast, but not included. Metro just behind the hotel, just like a big shopping mall. Good location, near Rue de Rivoli and Louvre, in the 1°arr. I would definetely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nandamoreira
Write a ReviewReviews (4,004)

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have stayed with my family (wife & 2 kids) in July 2009. It has excellent location with access to most of underground lines just below the hotel, bus station, seine river, Rivoli street of shopping, Latin quarter with many restaurants, also grocery & fruits shop. Diret RAR to EuroDisney. Amazing breakfast collection & variety. Clean room. Big sofa bed for two children.
I had an offer with 65Euro per night without breakfast & I added the breakfast.
The shower bath is separated compartment from the toilette.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
NPLH, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing again the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris with your family and for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor.

I am glad to see that you still enjoyed the place and location and look forward to welcoming you another time during your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I did have a good stay in the Novotel Les Halles. I wish there was a category between average and very good - because my stay here was neither very good or average. It was good.

I have stayed in this hotel before and came back because of the location and the breakfast. The location is very good - close to Notre Dame, Latin Quarter and the Louvre. The breakfast was also first rate when I came the first time.

This visit wasn't quite as good as my first - the rooms are sterile and very plain, but that's ok as they're very clean. However, this time the room we were given was so stuffy - there was no air. The window overlooked the restaurant so you couldn't open it to get any air in it. Neither did the air conditioning seem to work and the room was constantly boiling hot. And the pillows were very lumpy and uncomfortable.

Then the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and we got dressed and left the room but was then told to go back to our rooms without an explanation or apology by someone in jeans, who I assumed worked in the hotel.

I got food poisoning and the staff very kindly let us stay in our room until 3pm before checking out, instead of the usual 12pm. However, we had paid extra for breakfast which we never had because I was sick.

So, a bit of a mixed review overall.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room overlooking the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
NPLH, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear client,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions with other travellers.

I am very sorry your stay this time was not as satisfactory as the first one. All of the departments concerned were informed of these mishaps, so they will not occur again.

We surely hope we will see you again, so you can see improvements. Our clients’ opinions are very important to us – they help us maintain our quality of services for which we are known.

I remain at your disposal should you need any help for arrangements in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Julien Donzel

Reviewed 16 January 2012

As a relatively frequent visitor to Paris, I have been on the look out for a regular hotel that ticks the boxes of location, quality and price. Not an easy one. Thought I had found it with Novotel Les Halles. That was until Monday morning when the construction work began outside. From 7am the sound of reversing trucks beeping and concrete being drilled pneumatic ally filled our room. Paying extra for the executive room did not mean being on a quieter side of the hotel. Even asking for a quiet room didn't do the trick. I raised the issue with front desk and received a standard looking email saying the noise was outside their control. This is true but until 2016 ( yes that is his long construction is planned) stay away from Novotel Les Halles if you sleep later than 7am on week days.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank DKiely

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Paris and for sharing your impressions with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by the noise. I do understand your disappointment, Les Halles are going through major renovations and we are doing our best to reduce the noise.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Convenient location with easy Metro access. The hotel employees were always very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and a good size. I had a balcony that opened up the square where the enterence of the hotel was. There is also many restaurants next to it located in the pedestrian zone. No ironing facilities, broken ice machine, no face washer. I expect a better breakfast for 19 euro.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pawel_WRO

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our central location but I am sorry to see that you were not fully satisfied by your room facilities and by our breakfast in restaurant. We have taken good note of your comments that help us to improve all our services.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again during your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

everithing is fine exept the reconstraction of "Les Halles" just next to the hotel. Workers start about 7 in the morning with a lot of noice.

Room Tip: ask for a room looking to the yard
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor.

Les Halles are going through major renovations and we are doing our best to reduce the noise during the work.

However, we are glad to see that despite the works you enjoyed our central location and our services.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Novotel les Halles.

An Accor traveller