“not a good start”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #348 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 March 2012

booked and paid my room months ago because I really need to stay here ,as I am running a seminar at the hotel....
got a phone call the day before scheduled arrival asking if I would mind changing hotels because the rooms are undergoing renovations...
incredible!as if renovations and number of avaible rooms are not planned beforehand...
obviously refused as the seminar as at this same hotel and there is no other hotel of good standards which is so central...
jezus, really ,why would I book months ahead if I didn't mind staying at another place...
curious what will happen tomorrow...I'll get back to Tripadvisor, positive or negative...

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank bruno1234Brussels
NPLH, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your impressions with Trip advisor.

I do understand your disappointment and I am really sorry for this confusion. I will personally check what happened with our reservations department in order to avoid such incident again.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and looking forward to welcoming you again at the Novotel Les Halles.

Julien Donzel, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,008)

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Spent 5 nights in Novotel Les Halles for business and can rate this hotel as a very normal. Rooms are in good size, not very modern and would maybe need some refreshing, but still adequate. Location is good - metro station 1min walk, Rue de Rivoli 3 minutes, Notre-Dame and Louvre appr. 10 minutes walk. Breakfast was with good choise of food - cereals, eggs, bacon, green salad, crepes, croissant, joghurt etc. , espresso/cappuccino machine! Dinner in the hotel restaurant was average, I would recommend it only if You are really too much tired to go outside... Room itself was quiet - double door, separating room from the WC and small vestibule side; but if You get a room facing the construction - at 7 am they start working at it will be very noisy! Rooms facing the courtyard would be much better. Bathroom with bath and WC is separately. Cleaning could be better, as I found my hairs from the bathroom in the evening after hairdryering in the morning - I can accept my own hairs after cleaning, but would definitely not accept the previous visitor´s hairs...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank railis

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our the Novotel Paris les Halles for your recent stay in Paris and for sharing your impressions on tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our central location but I am sorry to read the incident you encountered with the cleaning. I will personally forward your comments to our Housekeeper in order to avoid this kind of incident again.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband booked this hotel/ Paris break as a surprise for my birthday as it was our first time in Paris.

Hotel is very central to all the main attractions - fantastic location!

Got the tube from the airport and it stops right outside the hotel! Fantastic as we didn't have far to walk with our bags.

We stayed in an executive room in the 6th floor and the room cost between 275/300 euros per night.
Room was spacious and clean with free minibar. Only gripe with the room was the toilet was seperate to the bathroom which I thought was strange with regards to handwashing ect.

We were told upon check in that breakfast was included so was slightly annoyed when we were charged 19 euros each per day for it! Luckily we got this refunded by reception after complaining. Also my husband tried to order a movie which didn't work either.

Evenings are fab, lovely piano is played and the bar serve gorgeous cocktails and olives

overall would stay here again and would reccomend

• Stayed: February 2012
NPLH, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your first visit to Paris and for taking the time to share such well detailed comments on tripadvisor.

Thank you for your kind attention, I am glad to read that you really enjoyed our central location and all our services. I’m sorry about the misunderstanding with the breakfast.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Novotel Paris les Halles.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

2 significant problems encountered with this hotel. They offered only 2 types of pillows, both of them of low quality. No alternatives given. I expressed my issue as I couldn't sleep with a synthetic pillow, but they replied that they couldn't do anything. For an hotel at this level, this was not acceptable. Secondly I almost missed my train (and paid 25 euros to gare du nord) because the driver took more than 20 minutes to arrive, and the reason was they couldn't find the hotel. As the hotel has obviously an agreement with a taxi company, the service was appalling. They didn't seem concerned or trying to resolve it with an alternative (ie call a taxi from the near rue de rivoli).

Room Tip: If the executive has similar extras (ie same pillows) as they confirmed, it is better to get a cheap...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied with our services and you can be assured that I will personally checked all the matters with the concerned services in order to avoid such incidents again.

Trusting you will not hold this against us and hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Arrived with a colleague, about 11:00Pm. Check in was efficient and in few minutes we were on the lively pedestrian area, with lots of restaurants and bars.

The service was very good. They were eager to help and they now how to.

Breakfast was good, but I would expect more for 19 Euros. Variety was O.K. the same food on Friday and Saturday. I got the feeling that somebody just put many things out there, but didn't care too much if you enjoy it. - my feeling.

My "Superior room" was large, with Tea and Coffee facilities. Also there is an ice machine in the corridor.

WiFi was good in the room as well as in public areas. I use Voip and had good connection all the time.

And again: Location. Everything is close. On the back of the hotel is the big shopping center Forum des Halles. Notre-dam, Louvre, Pompidou Center and more, are few minutes walking, The elevator to the big train and Metro station, Chatelet Les Halles, is 20 meters, so transportation is really easy. Many different kind of restaurants and Bars are within short walking distance.

I will definitely consider staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Nachuml

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris Les Halles for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your feedbacks on Tripadvisor.

I am really glad to read that you had a great time with us and you enjoyed our services together with our central location. I am sure your tips will help lots of travelers.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Novotel Paris Les Halles.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This Novotel is true to its brand purpose. It has a modern lobby and comfortable rooms, plus the location is right on top of the Les Halles metro station and walking distance to Notre Dame and some other great sightseeing places in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to share a review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed our central location and our services.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed for 5 days with my family. Rooms are BIG and very comfy. Food is GREAT. You can walk to several central attractions. Price is very reasonable, considering you are in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Michel034

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris les Halles for your last stay to Paris and for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a great time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel,