“Great location in Paris”

Novotel Paris Les Halles
Ranked #420 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Great location in Paris”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Good hotel at a good location in Paris
This is a big hotel located in the Les Halles area in Paris. Les Halles is situated between the Notre Dame and Centre Pompidou. As the hotel is very big it does not have much of a character but, it has good spacious rooms which the smaller hotels in Paris lack.
Since the hotel is located in the centre of Paris it can be noisy so try and book a room facing the backyard.

Room Tip: A room facing the backyard would always be the best against noise.
Green Features: I have no commets on this as i do not know............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I adored being in the hum of the Les Halles neighborhood during our stay here. But it had it's drawbacks only due to hotel shortcomings. We stayed several nights in Oct 2013 when the city was enjoying an unseasonably warm spell. The hotel had done a season's switchover and was now accommodating customer needs only for cold weather. So our a.c. unit wasn't working. We were provided a warm winter comforter on the bed and no lighter blankets or even a sheet were available from the hotel to use to keep cooler. So we kept the windows opened at night for some kind, ANY kind of air flow and thus enjoyed the stylings of drunken revelers every night until 3am. We were on the second floor to hear every bit! Seems rather silly the hotel couldn't even provide a light blanket or sheet. If only we had known that we needed to come equipped with a box fan before we checked in! That would've masked the caterwauling AND kept us cool! So having said that, the hotel was very clean, our room was very clean, the very considerate housekeeping staff did a bang up job. So much gratitude that they always arranged my 6 year old daughter's stuffed animals on her fold out bed in a way her own mother (that's me!) would have! It was in the middle of major construction time across the street but meh, whatever, it's the middle of a city. For being in said city I was pleased with the room sizes. New York has closet sized hotel rooms and this was grand in contrast. We walked a lot from this excellent starting point, to the Notre Dame, to the Louvre, down the Champs-Elysee to the Arc de Triomphe, and then on over to the Eiffel Tower! 6 or 7 miles I believe, and then a taxi cab back. So if you're on a mission like we were you can do it! The metro station is also nearby. Of course there were Parisian cafes everywhere to enjoy so we didn't partake in the hotel's breakfast offerings. However I can't say I would go back. -the evening concerts we had to endure each night was such a stupid problem to have and there are plenty of other hotel options. Are all otherwise well appointed Paris hotels like this? Can't believe that. Really Novotel? You can't work this out?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
montreal
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I picked this hotel because of its central location. It's easy to walk from there to most sites. There is construction all around the hotel but there is no noise heard in the hotel. Breakfast was good. Rooms were nice but have a minimalist look. My only complain is that the toilet is separate from the bathroom with no sink to wash your hands,

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Room fairly standard but modern and spotlessly clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Separate bathroom and toilet which we have never seen before and thought was a good idea. Our 3-person room was at the end of a corridor and overlooked an inner courtyard so was extremely quiet at night which we appreciated. Teenagers were impressed with the WiFi reception in our room!
Lots of choices at breakfast, especially breads/cakes/pastries. Also meats/cheeses/fruits/yogurts/cereals. Anyone hoping for a full English breakfast will be a bit disappointed but there are at least cooked eggs, streaky bacon and small sausages.
The card-trick chap was good at entertaining those waiting for a table at the busiest times.
My one criticism would be that carrying hot drinks / food up and down steps is a disaster waiting to happen - especially when there are a number of small children around. Breakfast is self-service so people - including children - are milling about all the time.
For the evenings, there is a restaurant where you can choose to take dinner and there is also a very pleasant bar with entertainment some nights. I heard a piano being played and a female singer which added an air of sophistication if you like that sort of thing.
There is a gym/fitness room on the ground floor.
Loved the internal decor and location of this hotel - in the 1er Arondissement - it was literally a 5 or 6 minute walk to Notre Dame and many of the other attractions were within walking distance. The metro station was 2 minutes' walk away and there are tons of shops, cafes, restaurants in the surrounding area.
Unfortunately there is building work going on outside so it would be rather noisy from about 9am but if you are out all day then this would make little difference to you. A shopping centre is being built/finalised in the immediate vicinity hence the noise. Some of the shops are already open for business.
Allow 10-15 minutes for check-out, even just before dawn. I was kept waiting about 10 minutes with a taxi outside and its meter running so my ride back to the station cost twice as much as it should have done. Will note this for next time.
All-in-all though a very pleasant stay - would recommend Novotel Les Halles to couples and family groups for leisure trips. Some small business meetings appeared to be going on in various areas on the ground floor but I cannot comment on the business facilities because I didn't use them myself.

Room Tip: The room was quiet at night but there was a fair amount of noise during the day because of the build...
Green Features: Dual-flush toilets! Can't say I was aware of any other environmentally-friendly facilities but I'm sure they exist.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 6789marieh
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is near few tourist attractions and one of the major metro station.So it's easy to plan out a day's trip.
The room is quite standard. The staff told me they just recently renovated. I stayed in the executive room so I got to use the mini bar for free(except for alcohols).
The breakfast buffet is quite nice. Enough to fill up my stomach to noon. There's also an entertainer going around doing magic and stuff.
So overall this is a decent hotel in a great location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
NovotellesHalles, General Manager Assistant at Novotel Paris Les Halles, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Nicholas,

Thank you very much for such great comments about our hotel!!

We thank you on behalf of our general manager Mrs. Dionisi and the entire staff at the Novotel Paris Les Halles as well.

It would also help us a lot if you could answer the quality questionnaire that was sent to you.

Every morning, our director takes the time to read reviews of customers and encourage the teams to continue to go beyond their expectations.

Thank you in advance and we sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Renata Ramos
General Manager Assistant
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I've been to Novotel les halles in July'2014 and I found it very well .
its located near Chatelet subway station that helps you go everywhere by minimum train changing.Also its location is near louver museum and rivoli street helps you see many historical landmarks by walk . the only negative point is the construction yard in front of the entrance of hotel.
the lobby and room was very clean , nice and equipped . internet was fine and staff were well trained and polite . quality of breakfast was perfect and the place of restaurant is very pleasant .
I enjoyed staying and I will choose it again if I come back Paris .

Room Tip: renovated rooms are prefered
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mehrdad Z
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The hotel is very close to the metro station but a huge construction project in the area muddles the geography somewhat. The hotel itself is clean through out and the rooms were spotless. Our experience was marred somewhat by our first room having lots of bugs that wrre getting in to the room via the air conditioning system. It was reported to staff, and the room was sprayed but the critters came back quickly so I requested an alternative room. Unfortunately, the alternative room was a smoking room and as non-smokers the smell of tobacco hit us hard. They provided us with a very effective spray to temporarily neutralise the smell. The sofa bed unfortunately had not been made up so for the 4 nights of our stay, my daughter and I shared the double bed. The pillows were very soft but the mattress was firm and just to our liking.

Breakfast is buffet style with everything from boiled eggs to pancakes and maple syrup. Be prepared for queues between 8-10 ish for breakfast though. They do have a very good magician/illusionist at breakfast to keep both children and adults amazed. Overall, the staff are helpful, friendly and speak English which I apprecited as my French is poor. Checkout however is a very slow process with only 1 receptionist on duty in the morning until a considerable queue formed in which a second one was bought in. Considering guests are likely to want to check out before the 11 am deadline to quit their rooms, arrangements should have been better. Double check your bill on checkout to ensure you are not been charged for extras such as free internet or mini bar soft drinks.

As I mentioned before, there is some construction work going on around the hotels environs so from 10 am or so, it can be very noisy along with vibrations.

Overall a great hotel and I will stay there again on my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family