This review is really overdue as I stayed here with my family last November. I feel compelled to write though as we really enjoyed staying here and loved the location. When we first arrived, I thought it was too small for our family of four (our kids are 13 and 19) especially when the sofabed was pulled out. There was hardly any space to walk around. We were used to much bigger serviced apartments. The bedroom though had sufficient space and there was enough closet space for all of us. After a few days we got used to the small space saand made do. I took the advice of other reviewers and asked very early for a room facing the courtyard. It was therefore very quiet in the evening when we returned to our room. There were some initial problems using the washing machine and dryer but figured it out in the end.
We liked the proximity to the Metro and how easy it was to get around. We used the Metro to get to Versailles and other places such as Eiffel Tower. But most of the time we just walked and enjoyed the Paris streets. One evening we walked back all the way from Champs Elysee. Another evening we walked back from St Michel. Pompidou Centre was practically on our doorstep. We also liked the fact that there were many restaurants and cafes nearby. The street life around Les Halles and Pompidou Centre is very vibrant. Sure, there could have been drug sellers and takers but we didn't see any. And if any one of those young people were high, we couldn't tell and nobody bothered us or begged us for money. I read that that there had been gang fights around the Mcdonalds earlier last year but nothing untoward happened when we there.
We had a lovely family trip to Paris last year and part of the charm was staying at the Citadines in Les Halles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apart'hotel Citadines Les Halles welcomes you to one of the districts of the French capital, once known as the belly of Paris. Between tradition and modernity, you will rub shoulders with centuries of history and feel the beating heart of a capital that is perpetually changing. You can stroll among the vast and maze-like pedestrian zone: from the mediaeval alleyways of the Montorgueil district to the avant-garde architecture of Pompidou Centre, from the peace of the Ile de la Cité to the hustle and bustle of the Forum des Halles. Ideally situated just metres from the Châtelet-Les Halles metro station, your Apart Hotel welcomes you 24/7 and guarantees direct and rapid access to all the business centres and iconic places that are dear to Parisians. Each of our 189 studios or 2-room serviced apartments is equipped with a kitchen and a bathroom. Whether yours is a business trip or a sightseeing getaway, our personnel are at your service to assist you with your arrangements and to offer you the benefit of their advice and recommendations. It's impossible to stay in the Forum des Halles area without giving in to the temptations of the myriad of designer boutiques that make this district the cradle of fashion and prestige with the French touch. With its clever blend of shops and cultural attractions, the district is near the Théâtre du Châtelet and the Théâtre de la Ville, within walking distance of the Bateaux Mouches sightseeing boats so emblematic of Paris, and within reach of the busy Rue de Rivoli and its many cafés and restaurants. Once night falls, cross the threshold of a jazz club and discover the intimacy of one of Paris's most typical evenings out. Cosily accommodated in one of our spacious - up to 40m² - serviced apartments, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a stay that's both comfortable and independent. Cook up your meals in your fully equipped kitchen, use the complementary WiFi to keep in touch with your loved ones, and take advantage of the weekly housekeeping and services on offer at this 4 star serviced apartments hotel. A wide range of à la carte services are also available to personalise your stay, from a fitness room and breakfast served in the dining room, to a meeting room, additional daily housekeeping, dry-cleaning, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Citadines Les Halles Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Les Halles Hotel Paris
- Citadines Les Halles Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris Les Halles