“This must be your worst room”
Review of Hotel Le Clement

Hotel Le Clement
Ranked #692 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Otterup, Fyn, Denmark
“This must be your worst room”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Le Clement many time and though the rooms are very small, the location and the atmosphere has always made me come back. But this time.... I got a room at the courtyard on the 1st. floor - the room was so dark even with all the light on that I couldn't do any work, no signal on my mobil, the bed hard as a rock and last the shower... The shower head didn't fit the shower rod - it was too loose. 1st shower - wet all over even though I wasn't going to wash my hair - bad timing, not a lot of time to get ready. 2nd shower- when I turned off the water the shower head felt down on my foot and let me with a nasty bruise.
After the first night I cried out to the receptionist - she didn't agree with me and said that I was offer a single room and I should have taken that instead of this one. After discussing for a while she ended up offering me an other room - but at that time I couldn't care less and just left.. Why didn't she offer me the room from the start and what happens to the customer is alway right. I supposed that just because I have stayed there many time that at least I would get a good service but no... I don't know if I am going to stay there again and I am glad that I didn't recommend this hotel to friends that are visiting Paris next month.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne Birgitte J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Catanzaro, Italy
Reviewed 3 September 2013

the hotel we had been highly recommended by our friends and they were right: the location is perfect to get around Paris, the staff is very kind and polite, the rooms are clean and pretty. only problem with noise at night: our room was on the first floor overlooking the street, full of people at the tables. minor inconvenience the air conditioning that you do not handle yourself. however, we will definitely

Room Tip: choose rooms on the upper floors or with internal courtyard
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by 2 separate people and was a great choice for me and my 2 daughters who are in their 20's. It is small, but that's the norm in Paris, it's clean and the service is friendly and helpful. We loved the shower, the water pressure was strong and massaging, which was just what was needed after a day of walking for many hours. Great location and comfortable beds, and good value, near metro, shopping, restaurants, and night life. We were sad to leave, but we will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We LOVED staying at Hotel Le Clement, and when we go back to Paris in the future, we will definitely stay there again. We couldn't have asked for a better, more central or more lively a location. The room was small, but, along with being clean, it had everything we needed: a comfy bed, large bathroom for European standards, closet, umbrellas free for the guests to use.The staff was welcoming and helpful. It really was an excellent hotel that I very highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Best location in St. Germain across from the Marche St. Germain. Dozens of good restaurants and 2 metro lines within 200 meters, central area for nightlife. Rooms are small as usual for Paris but this is a great value and location, and above average comfort & service for a 2 star Hotel in Paris. Better than some with 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2013
brasila
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We are a small family: only 3 people, me, my wife and our litlle 9 years old boy
The Hotel Le Clement has the best location in Paris.
People are so kind and always ready to solve all your problems.
We were very very satisfied. It´s our 5th time in Le Clement and it´s all the same.
We stay everytime in the same room and the next year we´ll be the same.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here this weekend. The room we had was at the back so no problem with noise. It was a good sized room and really nicely decorated (fabric wall paper). The bathroom did not have a shower - it was a shower hose on the bath taps but no shower curtain so you could only sit in the bath and use the shower hose.

The air conditioning is operated from reception so you have to ask them to put this on. Then there was some communication issues as we asked for it to be turned down but they seemed to turn it up. It was full blast blowing cold air so I slept with a blanket over my head.

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful - can't fault them.

We booked a shuttle back to CDG which they organised for us.

There is no water or drink making facilities in the room. If you want water you have to ask at reception and they charge €2.40 for a small bottle.

There are plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. It's a long walk from the main tourist spots though, so you need good walking shoes.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was at the back 107.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends