“Booking confusion but still nice”

Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine
Ranked #683 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Regina, Canada
“Booking confusion but still nice”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I booked a room here during a special promo ( many of the rooms were discounted at at the same price) at the beginning of September.

The hotel was quite nice, with a lovely small courtyard. It's close to the Nation metro stop, and in a nice area. The staff were friendly and helpful. Upon check in they gave me some info, a map, and helped me get my luggage up to my room (which was up a couple flights of stairs). The room was nice, and quite spacious.

The only issue I had was that my booking information at check in was very confused. I was listed as a 'Mr' despite being a 'Ms,' my country of origin was wrong, and the room type was different than the one I'd booked. I wound up staying in a 'family room' by myself -- maybe that's why it was so spacious! Either way, the price was the same as it was during my initial booking, so it wasn't a big deal. But make sure to have your original booking documents just in case!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Velouaaj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Idaho, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel based on the reviews here and they were accurate. The hotel is nice and clean, and the location was perfect for us! It's just a short walk to the Metro Station (Nation) which will take you anywhere you need to go in Paris. Because the Nation stop is close to the hotel it makes finding the hotel easy as well. It's close to some good restaurants as well a small grocery store just down the street. Our room had a kitchen top and sink and we were able to purchase groceries and eat in the room for much cheaper!
I am currently planning my second trip back to Paris and I am planning to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank somuch2see29
london
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Me and my sister came here as her birthday treat. It had been snowing during the weekend before our trip and so we arrived late as eurostar was delayed.
The closest station to the hotel is in nation (pronounced na-sii-on) which is the london equivilant of stratford one could say as it is in the east of paris. It has many metro lines and you will find an ecclectic mix of people in the local area. There is an even closer station to the hotel called ruielly dideorot (i know i have spelled it wrong but you will find it near nation on a paris metro map) which is line1, similar to the central line in london, the line going through the middle of paris via the major attractions.
we bought a 3 day metro pass for zone 1-3 for about 23 euros. the guy at the station didnt understand english very much and sold us this 'accidently' when we wanted the zone 1-2 which would have been slightly cheaper at about 21 euros. Nonetheless it still saved us a LOT of money using the metro in comparison to what we could have racked up in cab fares. it generally took us about 20-30minutes to go to west/central paris so location was pretty good value for money.
back to the room, it was a pleasant, clean room albiet a little small with twin beds joined together. there was a kitchenette that had a sink, fridge, electric hob and cupboard there was an en suite, a little table with a couple of chairs. Luckily we bought a two pin plug adapter with us or we wouldnt have been able to charge our laptops or phones. So please bear this in mind when you come here.
The guys at the reception were very cute (LOL), spoke good english and were very helpful. They gave us a map of paris as we told them it was our first time here so they reccomended places to go.
The breakfast was good although slightly dissapointed with the cheese selection, croissants/ sweet pastry. Call me a romantic but i wanted to eat freshly baked parisian bakery in the morning while in paris. The scrambled eggs were overcooked, so i stuck to the bread rolls which were very scrummy. All in all there was a large selection to choose from for our breakfast.
We didnt really spend much time in the hotel as we were generally out and about but while we were there staff were polite and attentive.
On our last day we had to check out at 12pm but our train didnt leave till 7 in the evening. The hotel manager was very kind and told us that if we checked out a bit earlier after breakfast we could leave our bags and come and collect it before we needed to set off for the eurostar. We were very relieved as we still had places to visit on our checklist but didnt want to carry our luggage everywhere.
So the million dollar question, will i ever come back here? it may be a slightly out of central paris but that wouldnt stop me from coming back to this great place, as it was very good value for money and thus contributed to the best week of my life in parrrri! aurevior!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 20, was on the 1st floor, a bit on the small side but adequete
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank naziyo
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

Having heard that most hotel rooms in Paris are too small to swing a cat we were pleasantly surprised to find our garden room / suite was bigger than most rooms in any city we've stayed in. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was great. Despite the thick snow outside the room was very warm as was the shower. Would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Greg K
Sydney
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We arrived at Le Patio Saint-Antoine early in the day, straight from a very long night on a sleeper train from Madrid, and wanting a comfortable nest! We thought to leave our bags until check-in time, but asked about an early check-in on the off chance. We were delighted to be able to have our room at 9.30 in the morning, followed by an offer for our bags to be taken up to our room for us, which was done quickly and efficiently. Thus began a very pleasant few days...

Firstly, our room was spacious, quiet, clean and had comfortable beds, a good bathroom, TV and wifi that worked well. We were pleasantly surprised that it also had cooking facilities, fridge and sink, so we could cook our own breakfasts and snacks. I was also very happy to have tea and coffee making facilities - rare in Europe. We had an attic room in a building found via an eccentric trip downstairs, then through two courtyards and up two lifts. Who wouldn't be happy with an attic in Paris.. with a view across scenic roof-tops, and a totally surprising view in the distance of Tour Eiffel?

The area is quite good, nothing fancy, but not too far from central Paris, close to two Metro stations and easily accessible by taxi. There are plenty of pleasant restaurants nearby. (but AVOID the brasserie at the door of the hotel, I had a very poor experience there.. see my review!)

Our time ended with hotel staff organising a car to the airport for us, for nine hours after we checked out. They looked after our bags until we were ready to pick them up and be met by the driver to catch a late-night flight back to Australia. Everything worked well in this hotel and the price is great for Paris. I'd happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an attic with a view of the Eiffel Tower :)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank valdajoan
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

We wanted to stay somewhere not too far from the centre but slightly off the beaten track and near a metro stop. This was perfect. The hotel rooms were clean and a good size with everything we needed. The rooms we had were accessed via a small courtyard which made staying different from the usual hotel. I would definitely go back. If you go, the boulangerie on the way back to the metro is amazing.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends