“Do Not Stay Here”

Hotel Hibiscus
Ranked #1,705 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Having stayed in more than one 2-star Parisian hotel, I can say that this one is terrible. All 2-star Parisian hotels are tiny, so the size is not the problem. This hotel is filthy. The lobby smells, and so did the room. The curtains on the windows were dirty and stained - I didn't even want to touch them. The coverlet on the bed was so filthy that I took it off and never touched it again. The bathroom was mouldy and smelled like it. There wasn't even free wifi - you have to pay by the hour, and the receptionist is extremely reluctant to make change for a 10 Euro bill. We made reservations for an airport shuttle, which never showed up, and we were forced to call a taxi at the last minute. The neighborhood is Republique, which I didn't realize is a slightly seedy neighborhood of Paris, particularly after dark, and it's an extremely noisy neighborhood early in the morning. The only positive thing about the entire hotel is that there is an excellent bakery across the street on rue Yves Toudic (do not even consider eating breakfast in the hotel).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Traddles A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Awufl! Awful! Awful! We booked the hotel through a travel agency. We were told that it was a three star hotel. It appeared to be two but I wouldn't give it even one. It was extremely dirty. We had booked a double room but the bed would hardly accomodate one person. None of the receptionists could speak English so every time we asked them something they had to call a person from the next door hotel to communicate with us. The sheets and the towels had spots. The light bulb didn't work but noone bothered to change it despite our requests. When we checked in the first day to our great surprise there were no towels in the room and when I asked to get some at the reception, I was informed that we'll get them after 3 p.m. (no reasonable explanation why we couldn't get them earlier was provided). The breakfast was included in the price but we never managed to get some coz there were only three tables which were supposed to serve all the guests in the hotel, so if you are not there at exactly 7.30 or earlier you don't get any breakfast or you have to wait for the other guests to finish theirs first and then if you're lucky you might eat the leftovers. The first night we couldn't sleep at all coz there was a fight next door and noone from the reception did nothing about it. The elevator's been out of order no one knows for how long. The only advantage was that the hotel was 2 minutes walk from a subway station.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank S D

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

First impression was Oh my ,what a let down. Hotel is very parrission and needs a good renovation. However, beds were ok and clean bedding .Maid cleaned room each day, showers were good but so poorly maintained.Plenty of fresh air from window but frames need replacing.
Staff were very polite and helpful and continental breakfast was fine especially the excellent coffee.
We paid for a 2 star hotel and thats what it is .The good points are that its very central so look at the prices you pay for a better hotel in that area. We spent very little time in the room and we would go again. The metro republique is round the corner but it was so nice we walked every where from the hotel. There are lots of bars and restuarants close by too.This hotel did not spoil our stay but again it is in need of renavations.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Juney25
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

me and my partner booked Hibiscus Republique hotel, but once we arrived we found out that our room was in fact in the hotel next door, i have no idea how that is even possible. hence i cant really say much about hibiscus, but out room in this other hotel was dirty and tiny (all hotels in paris are), but the location is ok and prices cheap.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kosice
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was overcharched 50 euros (for 3 nights) by the hotel than was stated on the bill from easytobook.com for an unknown reason yet.
We stayed there from the march 1 to march 4. When arriving I was told my cd was already charged. So even if i wanted to pay cash I could not. By coming home I saw that they have overchargem me for my 3 night stay by 50 euros.
The internet facility at the hotel is very lousy, just an old, pay per use computer. And I did not find any other suitable intrenet place, until I got home. For what reason I was overcharged is not known to me yet. The hotel was also quite noisy at night, from people yelling all night on the sidewalk, which were coming from the nearby bars.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank radovan g
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

other people hairs everywhere! needs a clean big time! i am a disgusting slob and even i think spending some extra money to stay somewhere else would have been a good idea.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple