“Revenue generation”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Revenue generation”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This review is a warning that if you go to this hotel your room may not actually there. Last week we arrived to this ibis after staying at their hotel in St Petersburg and Moscow. I'm a regular customer and appreciate their formula.

But in this case our room despite being pre paid was not there when we arrived at 1am. The staff muttered that we didn't answer our cell (hard to when you are on a plane). There was no alternate room organised and they spent the next 40 minutes calling other hotels.

I've approached the manager who was not responded to my polite requests to talk. However her 2ic was gracious to speak to me. The Accor social media messages me implying I should be happy that I was upgraded to a Pullman hotel

But when you are delayed in flight then experience not checking into an alternate hotel until 2am it is a zero benefit.

This is revenue gorging as ibis had already banked my funds for the 3 nights and then on sold my room. If this is actually a technical fault then I would expect that the alternate room would already been ready to go

Shameful practice on a loyal customer!

Room Tip: Suggest another hotel is a better choice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShanghaiGoofy
François V, Directeur général at Ibis Bastille Opera, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear sir, I am truly sorry this happened to you on your arrival.
Nevertheless, we did everything we could, in calling you several times, leaving a message and waiting for the last moment to cancel your reservation. Know that every day, several reservations are not honored despite reminders and confirmations.
Prepayment that you have done is done on the internet, the conditions are clearly explained when you make your booking. We work here only from the date of your stay.
Finally, my team and I are always available for customers who wish to meet us. I never refuse to spend time with them to hear what they have to say.

I hope to see you again one day.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This no-frills hotel provides a comfortable bed, very clean room, and a great location. Less than a 5 minute walk to the Breguet-Sabin metro station, near the Bastille market, and with a boulangerie steps away from the hotel. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

it's been a week and i still can't use my money. they 'pre-authorise' your card, but they don't tell you that they're going to block your money for... nobody knows exactly for what amount of time, since they first told me 2 days, 5 days afterwards and it's been more than a week and i still can't access MY OWN money. So if you have lying around some hundrerds of euros, you should check into this hotel, since it works like a bank... you make a deposit (double the amount the room it's worth) and you will get the remaining half one day... nobody knows when...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank itscaty
François V, Directeur général at Ibis Bastille Opera, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear customer, I am sorry to read the confusion in which you are since your arrival.
All our customers have the choice upon arrival between a direct payment of their stay or pre-authorization that immobilizes the money on behalf of the client. this is the same amount that is used at the time of departure. But in any case, a double amount is blocked or removed.
this approach facilitates the stay of our customers because they do not need to come again to the reception for payment.
I sorry to read it bothered you.
Nevertheless, I hope the quality of service is up to your expectations.
I am available to discuss the subject with you by phone or directly at the hotel.
Regards

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of May, the location is very near to the metro station Breguet Sabin, using the metro to get around Paris is a breeze. The hotel is in a quiet location traffic wise, but there is construction going on nearby that did cause us an issue early one morning at 7, but I reported it to reception who said they weren't allowed to start work before 9am, so we didn't have an issue after that. There is a good boulangerie/patisserie across the street and a few restaurants nearby, but you don't have to walk far to be in the middle of the action without leaving the neighbourhood. They do advertise that they have air-conditioning but they only turn it on in Summer, however I complained about the heat in our room and they had an engineer come in and change the settings and by the time we got back to our room that afternoon it had been turned on, but really if they advertise that they have air-conditioning they should offer it year round as we all have different comfort levels. There is a fantastic food market every Sunday morning near the metro in the park and it is food heaven for me. While it is an Ibis, I think their service and attention to detail at this Ibis is particularly good, one of the best I have stayed in, staff were friendly and helpful. Very good location, good clean rooms, comfy beds and for the price, you couldn't do much better. They do have a restaurant, but we never ate there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gandhinagar, India
Reviewed 27 June 2014

First of all, you can not get a better location than this, at this price!! Very convinient, very central, very approachable. Main metro station Bastile is very near and walkable. You get trains to all of Paris from Bastile. You get lots of restaurants, shopping etc just around the area. For Indians, there is a Restaurant KATHMANDU just opposite this hotel. And it is good food. A Pizzeria is bang on the corner with very nice Pizzas.

Rooms are small but comfortable. Bathrooms too are workable, a bit conjusted but good. Reception staff are english speaking and friendly. I interacted with Mr. Sabastian, a young boy and very helpful. They have a safe depposit locker at reception, open 24x7, which is very convinient.

Breakfast is good, but for Indians and Vegetarians, choices are limited. Of course, bread/butter/jam/tea/cofffee/juices can keep you going.

They also have travel service for cab to Airport atreasonable rates.

Free Wi-Fi is available everywhere in hotel and computers are available at Lobby. This is veryhelpful to keep your friends updated with FB and Whatsapp :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank saarthakg
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Although the hotel was in an excellent location, the service received was terrible, the price was even worse, we asked to say another night when we arrived and were told very rudely NO we have no more rooms. Came back the next morning and spoke to another customer service agent who was very accommodating and did book us another night, how ever much to my surprise, we were charged double the amount, we were charged for a medium room however was told we could not move to the medium room and had to stay in the smaller room. Now I did contact the manager of the hotel and was basically told there was nothing they could do to help me. I really DO NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We started a three-week French holiday by flying to Paris and spending a couple of nights here so that we could enjoy sightseeing, people watching and enjoying some fine dining.

We are regulars that Ibis hotels and enjoy the predictable efficiency, cleanliness, comfort and courtesy. This hotel met our expectations and like most of the chain are well located for public transport and other amenities. 4 restaurants are located within 50 m of the hotel as lovers well as a fabulous bakery.

The prices do seem to have risen about 50% during the past 5 years since our last visit is to Paris. Is there any risk that the Accor chain is “milking” its success?

Onwards to Lyon via TGV