“Great Stay in Paris Away from the Crowds”

Grand Hotel Francais
Ranked #102 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed 1 night here on a stopover from London before taking the night train to Venice. The cute hotel is located on the Boulevard Voltaire close to the Nation Metro/RER stop. Upon arrival we were greeted in French and English by the accommodating host. She welcomed us, discussed the area, and made some recommendations for dinner. The hotel has a nice lobby and there is an elevator that accommodates two people or one person and a large bag. We stayed on the second floor which had a wrap around balcony. The décor is very modern and the rooms were very clean. The room and bathroom were on the small side but designed thoughtfully and accommodated all of our needs including two large suitcases. There is a grocery store and a bakery directly across the street. Bercy train station is about a 7 minute taxi ride away. There is an optional paid morning breakfast offered downstairs. In the morning the gentleman upfront kindly stored our luggage securely upon checkout as our train did not leave until 6pm. The Grand Hotel Francais is a great hotel with a great staff. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 23 - Second floor king with balcony
2  Thank rhyenblues

Reviewed 26 April 2011

My daughter and I recently stayed at this lovely hotel for 4 nights. The staff were all so helpful and very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was great and the room was the best we have stayed in in Paris. Wouldn't stay anywhere else now we have found this little gem. Great central location for getting around too!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Vikki0307
Reviewed 25 April 2011

If you want the absolute best Paris has to offer, try the Grand Hotel Francais. Many other hotels in Paris may be adequate, but what makes this particular establishment so terrific is the manager.....Zyad. He is the friendliest, most welcoming and all around helpful person, and he speaks about a dozen languages. He helped us with a serious IT issue (we couldn't log on to the internet due to a difficult problem), he provided endless advice on where to go, what to see, how to get there, where to eat (even making us dinner reservations); as we were reluctantly checking out of the hotel, he was making an espresso coffee for a couple just checking in. He is a bundle of never-ending hospitality and energy and he will make your stay n Paris an exceptional one. He also wants people to know (despite his lovely wife and adorable children) he considers himself the S-E-X-I-E-S-T man in Paris! You will be extremely satisfied if you choose his hotel, and we recommend that you do so...you will not regret it!

4  Thank rbux
Reviewed 19 April 2011

A fantastic hotel and fabulous staff. First visit to Paris and we could not have been more satisfied with this hotel and its location. Rooms were clean, comfortable,and well apportioned. Staff gave us tips on local culture and local dining. The neighborhood was quaint with exceptional bistros and cafes. Hotel was also very convenient to main line of metro system. I would return to this hotel without reservation. I am indebted to the hotel and its staff for making my visit to Paris with my wife all that we hoped and more - romantic, convenient, polite, and simply joyous. Don't miss this hotel - you'll regret not staying here. This hotel has my strongest personal recommendation - and I can be pretty high maintenance according to my lovely bride!

1  Thank SDPoulin
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Zyad at the front desk and Patience (sp?) in the breakfast room are two reasons Iwe will come back to Grand Hotel Français!. Great room (we were upgraded from Superior to Privilege). For the price, probably the best hotel in Paris! Zyad was very helpful making sure we knew where we were going, how to get there, and when to avoid lines. It really is a great way to start your vacation when you walk into your room and smile! Near a moajor metro stop (Nation) and a lesser stop (nice to have line choices).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor I was looking forward to my stay at the Grand Hotel Francais. My husband and I travel to Paris regularly and usually stay at another small hotel but I decided to make a change this time. And I am certainly glad I did. The hotel staff were most welcoming and exceptionally helpful. The rooms (I stayed in March for 2 nights and returned in April for 1 night) were a good size for a small hotel and provided all the amenities for a comfortable stay. Located on an attractive wide Parisian boulevard, the hotel is very convenient. Only a few minutes to the Metro and to Place de la Nation. I would not hesitate to recommend Grand Hotel Francais. All in all a most satisfying experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Having read the great reviews for Grand Hotel Francais, I thought it an ideal place to take my husband to celebrate his birthday and was not desappointed.

When we arrived we were greeted on reception by Zyad (the owner) who is one of the most friendliest, funniest and generous people you could wish to meet. Each morning and evening he had us laughing in the aisles with his take on life, together with dispensing good tips and advice, and all in perfect English! (good if you only speak a little Francais like us!).

We normally stay in more centrally located hotels but having read the excellent reviews, we decided that a quieter location would suit us much better, and it did! It's only a 2 minute walk to Rue de Boulets (Line 9) and Nation station (6/7 mins walk away) connects to 6 other lines, and with trains running every 2-3 minutes, the location has easy access to central Paris and takes no time at all. There are excellent restaurants to choose from locally so when you get back to the hotel you can put your feet up and really relax, before going out to eat.

Our room was spotlessly clean, comfortable and modern with clean towels daily. The continental breakfast was plentiful with a choice of fresh meats, cheeses, fruits, breads and juices daily - the best I have been served in Paris - and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.

Zyad was very generous when he found out it was my husband's birthday. You can imagine our surprise and delight upon discovering a bottle of champange on ice and two glasses upon our return from dinner.

We highly recommend this lovely, friendly hotel and look forward to staying again with the Grand Francais Hotel.

1  Thank Barlaw33