We stayed at the Grand Hotel Francais for two weeks in April. We have traveled extensively in Europe over a 20 year period. The room, the service, and the assistance provided by everyone at the hotel, and especially Zyad, was unparalleled. While it is true that the hotel is far from the major attractions, it is just a block or two from two major metro stops. The neighborhood was full of great eateries, safe, and enjoyable.
Why I loved this hotel and the wonderful service:
1) After two weeks in a small room, when our flight was cancelled because of the volcano, we requested a larger room. Zyad not only gave us a beautiful room with 3 gorgeous windows, but he charged us the same price as for the smaller room.
2) When we asked Zyad for instructions on how to use the washing machines at the laundromat, he said we will wash your clothes. I asked him what the charge would be, and he said "No charge."
3) When we decided to go on a Seine dinner cruise, Zyad gave us a discount on the tickets, effectively negating the commission he would have gotten.
4) When we needed a hotel in Avignon, Zyad booked us in a wonderful place at a reasonable price.
5) When Zyad learned that it was my birthday, he had roses delivered to our room.
5) Whenever we needed any assistance Zyad and the staff spent an enormous amount of time giving us help in locating sights, booking tours, and so on. This is typically not the level of service you would get in a large chain hotel.
6) The rooms were wonderful. Both rooms had extremely comfortable beds, were new and attractively decorated, and had great bathtubs and showers with plenty of hot water. The hotel had wireless and virtually all other amenities.
In summary, I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when visiting Paris. It was outstanding!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its individually decorated and personalized guestrooms and suites are soundproofed and offer elegant accommodation. Each room has air-conditioning, flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi internet access. The well-equipped rooms feature contemporary decor and warm colours. The bathrooms include a massaging shower or bath. The Grand Hotel Français is situated in Place de la Nation, near Place de la Bastille, the fashionable Marais district and the lovely district near the Canal Saint Martin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Paris
- Au Grand Hotel Francais