“Nice hotel, perfect location but ..”
Review of Hotel des Metallos

Hotel des Metallos
Ranked #1,055 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice in the great neighbourhood. A lot's of markets, restaurants and coffe shops near the hotel. It's easy to find if You use your gps navigation from the airport or even every other station or location. The rooms are very small but this is so typical for Paris hotels. Modern and clean room. Every morning was the new towel waiting for us with the everything you need.
We had one bed but with separated mattres and each one with double mattres one on another which was a little strange but compfortable to sleep in.
Breakfast is also typical of France and Paris, so little to choose. It was deliciouse but not enough for sure.

I didn't like one thing especially.
We paid the room with the breakfast. On our last day our plane was leaving early in the morning and I ask lady who was at the reception if is possible to have an earlier breakfast because of the check in and earlier flight and so on.. That was only 30min earlier than the breakfast usualy was served and she ask for the room number and said ok the guy who usualy is at night and serve breakfast will come and she would tell him...and she also told me that we can use the coffe and cerials and the rest but she is not sure only for the bread. I told her that's fine juat to eat something because we first of all paid and second of all we are leaving and need something to eat ofcourse.
The other day in the morning the cups and plates were set for all the tables already but the guy who was there said that's not the time for breakfast and we can have anything of it. So we didn't get breakfast and we left.

Good hotel but not so ideal for choose.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Signothy
HappyManagerParis, Responsable réception at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Signothy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Métallos. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Métallos, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Hando @ Hôtel des Métallos

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed for four days . Great location w/ metro stations very close.
Staff very helpful and available 24/7 Light breakfast included. stores close by.
No closet space but you get by is Paris! anyways!
Make sure you know where is located it is a bit tricky to find

1  Thank guzmanddsMiramar
HappyManagerParis, Directeur général at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write this review.
It means a lot for us to hear that we are helpful and available, this is our first goal.
Hope to see you again at Les Métallos.

Team Métallos.

FYI, get the best price on our official website and enjoy a special discount.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Registered an account on Tripadvisor because I felt the need to say a few words about this place. To be fair, the location is excellent – right between 2 metro stations which are within easy access to the main attractions in Paris. Locating the hotel can be a little tricky especially when you arrive at night because it is located a few streets from the metro that requires some accurate navigating (not the hotel’s fault clearly, but I attribute this to the overall unfriendliness of Parisians towards native English speakers and poor street planning by the State).

As far as the rooms are concerned, they far exceeded our expectations of European lodgings in general. Good use of space and very modern. Bed was extremely comfortable and afforded us a good night’s rest after each day of gallivanting. Water pressure from the showerhead was very good and hot water was dispensed on demand without the usual 10 minute build up that you would expect from harsh weather and lousy plumbing. No flask in the room however to boil water for consumption but this is remedied by a quick trip downstairs to a communal area where hot water and complimentary tea/hot chocolate are available 24 hours.

That being said, I now move on to the aspects of the hotel that revised my opinion about staying with them again. By way of background, we were booked for 5 nights in the hotel. On our first night, we unloaded our suitcases and unpacked our heavy winter coats. Having arrived directly from London, we came with our shopping on tow. Thinking nothing of it, I left a Mulberry paper bag on a chair, under a pile of clothes as I was loathe to crease the paper bag by folding it into the suitcase. For 4 nights, the paper bag remained, under said pile of clothes.

On the 5th night (last night before we were due to return home), we returned to the hotel in the late evening only to find that the Mulberry paper bag was missing, while the pile of clothes still remained. Ordinarily, I would not kick up a fuss since it’s just a paper bag, but it was the response of the staff at Metallos that left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. First of all, I contacted the staff on duty requesting a simple inquiry as to the whereabouts of my paper bag as I had bought a bag as a gift so naturally the urge to retain the pristine condition of the paper bag to present the gift in. Upon making the call, I was met with a patronizing response to look into the matter which garnered no satisfactory response even after an hour had lapsed. Deciding to be a little more proactive in the matter, we proceeded down to speak to staff in person which finally prompted him to do some nominal searching after we insisted on waiting until we received a response.

The kicker in this entire tale was the response given by the staff on our missing paper bag – the staff must have mistaken it for rubbish and disposed of it. None of us bought it because during the entire time of our stay, there were dirty takeout boxes and trash that was strewn all about the room which was left untouched, yet miraculously, the cleaning pixies had decided to REMOVE my pile of clothes and extricate the offensive item that was my paper bag as trash? Ludicrous.

Not wanting to jump to conclusions, I even beseeched the counter staff to check personally with the cleaning lady who had tidied the room to return it if she had taken the paper bag by mistake as it was a gift to a loved one. Subsequently, the counter staff received a text message from said cleaning staff and informed us that the latter claimed that she noticed NO SUCH PAPER BAG from the room. This was clearly a lie since (a) I bought the damn bag and it came with a paper bag; and (b) said paper bag had been in the room for the entire time of our stay.

Suffice to say, we left Paris sans one Mulberry paper bag and a dent in an otherwise pleasurable stay. Maybe it was our fault for leaving the paper bag lying around in the room, but we have stayed in hotels that operated on the basis of trust and discreteness where even spare cash lying around has gone untouched. Clearly, Hotel des Metallos does not ascribe to the same ideals. For the price of the rooms however, I suppose trust and discreteness is not included at 84 euros a pop. If you can live with this one minor setback however, then this place can do you no wrong.

2  Thank Restlessleggs

Dear Restlessleggs,

Hando @ Hôtel des Métallos

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great hotel!!! our room was very clean and very modern! it was small, but perfect!!! the showers were amazing! comfy beds, overall for what we wanted it was great!
The location is great, loads of places to eat and drink literally around the corner!!
Would stay here again when in paris!

2  Thank Lisa C
HappyManagerParis, Gérant at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Lisa,
Thank you very much for this nice review and for sharing your experience with us at Les Métallos.
Hope to see you again very soon,
Best Regards,
Shabir.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

A small but pleasant hotel, moderately priced (for Paris standards) and conveniently located in a very nice neighbourhood (11th arrondissement), with lots of pleasant cafés and good restaurants within walking distance. The hotel itself is located in a quiet street, so you can enjoy the cafés and restaurants without having to pay the price of a noisy environment. From the Gare de Lyon it is about a 10-15 minute direct bus trip. The rooms (at least the one I had) are very small (there was not even place for a cupboard) but they have recently been renovated, with taste. Maybe not ideal for couples on a tourist visit to Paris, but certainly OK for a business trip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alberto C

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us at Les Métallos.
Our rooms are not the biggest for sure but Location and Service were ok for you, It is all that matter to us.
Hope to see you again.
Shabir

Reviewed 24 October 2013

1. Well situated, next to Bastille.
2. With a completely unfriendly staff, especially in the morning. My wife asked for one more blanket and the receptionist relied: Why? Is there too much cold? Also, my wife asked to bring a cup of coffee in our room and he replied negative. But, I would like to point out that the receptionist on Sunday was a really polite lady.
3. The room was very small (no more than 7 m^2). The bath very small too.
4. The breakfast is very poor.

We'll not stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank GKarag
HappyManagerParis, Gérant at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear guest,
I apologize if you had a bad experience at the Hotel des Métallos, at least the location was good.

After asking our staff about your review, here is our version :
- You did ask for an extra blanket which you got within 10 minutes, The receptionist did ask you if you were cold just to know if we had to turn on the central heating system, which again we did within the 2 next hours.
- Regarding the coffee, we did not refuse to serve you the coffee (this is our business...), we just told you that once the breakfast service is over, coffees, snacks and drinks are not complimentary, you chose not to take it.
- You had the room 206 which is 14,5 m².
- Regarding the value, we told you by our-self that you would have get the best price on our official website, you chose to book with an OTA.

Again, I am very sorry if you did not enjoy your stay with us, but I honestly think that our staff nor the hotel deserve this review.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

So clean, great location: close to a metro station, nice patisserie and food market. A compact room with cute modern design, great floor (no carpets, thanks GOD) and fabulous shower. Lovely people. Free WIFI & free luggage storage. Best value for money !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BELSHG
HappyManagerParis, Propriétaire at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for this very kind review and for your business, it is nice seeing you enjoyed staying with us at the Métallos.
Thank you very much for the "Lovely People", this is the most important indeed.
Hope to see you again very soon.
Best Regards.