“Lovely Hotel Base”

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel Base”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed 11th - 15th May,
Lovely hotel to stay at for exploring paris right around the corner from rue oberkampf, where you could get to anywhere in the city in approx. 5 mins. Hotel where very helpful in providing a 3 pin adaptor plug when we realised we forgot ours also borrowed us an iron, pleasant and friendly staff who were always smiling. The rooms were lovely, clean and modern with ample space for a room in paris. Great value for money!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HappyManagerParis, Gérant at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Sam,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at Les Métallos and for such a nice review.

You pointed our location, the cleanliness of our room and our smiling staff, this is all that matters to us.

Hope we will see you again at Les Métallos.

Best Regards,
Les Métallos.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were very sutisfied during our stay at Metallos, we would like to return in Paris this summer but we saw that the prices are much higher now than the last time we have booked, so we cannot afford it and we will be forced to stay somewhere else, although we would love to choose Metallos again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HappyManagerParis, Propriétaire at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us at Les Métallos.

Please check our official website or contact us for this summer, we have special offers that you won't find on other websites.

Hope to see you again at Les Métallos.

Best Regards.
All the staff at les Métallos.
Mossel Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My grand daughter and I shared a memorable week together in Paris. Weather was disappointing but everything else was fun and out hotel was perfect. Well priced, convenient and comfortable. The friendly, efficient and helpful front desk team added real value. Beds were excellent with good pillows and top quality linen. Shower and other bathroom fittings were modern - plentiful steaming hot water and good water pressure. We seldom took advantage of the the Hotel breakfast which was good but appreciated the hot drink and snacks that were available all day. The pretty, well used park round the corner which runs all the way between the Bastille and Republique had regular markets and gives the area a residential atmosphere. Local eateries, shops, chemist, hairdresser, boulangeries, etc are good and distinctly non-touristy which we enjoyed. Bit of street noise at night, particularly during the week-ends and in the early mornings from refuse removal trucks - but we chose to leave the window open. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and hope to use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I remember you and your daughter so It is a real pride to read this review, "Feeling at Home In Paris", this is the best review ever for us...
Hope the vans sneakers are ok!

Hope to see you again at Les Métallos,
Regards.

All the staff of Les Métallos.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

very nice Staff,
meet our expectations and the breakfast was better then expected.

the location was in an excellent spot even though the station near by was closed it was a 10min walk to Republic which we genially liked to walk to anyway.

felt safe and the rooms are clean and that's the two most important things for us,

it will be unfair if I didn't mention the lack of sound proofing though, the first thing we heard when we first got out of the elevator to go into our room was a couple very much enjoying the city of love.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mohamad_Fafi
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Les Métallos.

To tell you the truth, the last sentence of your review made me laugh so much, my day was done....

I hope you enjoy the city of love too and hope to see you again in our Hotel.

Best Regards,
Shabir.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Overall, I think this hotel is a great choice for the average traveler who wants a comfortable, low frills place to stay in central Paris at a good price. If not for the check-in/elevator issues, my rating would be much higher.

PROS
- Location! The hotel is in the 11th arrondissement near three metro stops and several bus lines with tons of great reasonably priced bars and restaurants around. It's a short walk to the Marais and other central areas of Paris, but on a quiet side street so no need to worry about crazy traffic or drunken revelers waking you up at night. There's a weekly market on Tuesdays just a block away.
-Extremely comfy beds and one of the best showers I've had anywhere. The shower is a handheld rain shower head and it's divine.
-Rooms are small (normal for Paris), but not tiny. Everything is well laid out so there's no claustrophobic feel, and there was enough room for my wheelchair.
-The front desk staff speaks native-level English and is quite friendly and very helpful when it comes to calling cabs, opening doors, giving directions, etc.
-CLEAN! The cleaning staff do an exceptional job keeping everything looking brand new.

CONS

-Basic amenities left a lot to be desired. To be exact, there was a tiny bottle of cheapo shower gel/shampoo combo and a small bar of soap. No conditioner. Not the funky body wash/body milk bottles and tubes you see nicely laid out in the hotel website's photos. There also was no coffee/tea maker in the room. Hot beverages were available at the breakfast/snack bar (at a fee if you weren't partaking in breakfast [10 EUR]).

-Check-in left a lot to be desired. When I inquired about the rooms over email, I mentioned that I needed a room with two beds that was wheelchair accessible and was advised that the adapted room only had one bed but that the twin-bedded room had enough space for a wheelchair albeit the shower would be "less practical." I went with the latter option believing I'd at least be able to roll from the entrance to the room. Wrong. I arrived early and was given the option of taking a similar room on the 3rd floor rather than the one that had been held for me, which I agreed to. However, as soon as the elevator opened up, it was obvious that there was no way my wheelchair, a standard sized lightweight manual chair, was going to fit with me in it. The doors may be wide, but the depth is that of a medium suitcase. The girl at reception seemed genuinely surprised that the chair would not fit in the lift, and said that if we came back in two hours a room on the "first floor" would be available as its occupant was checking out. Ok, not a problem, and off we went to explore the neighborhood. When we came and got the key to our "first floor" room it turned out that the room was on the French "premiere etage" and not what we call the "first floor" in English. Meaning that to get to this room we would also have to take the very same elevator that I couldn't fit into the first time around. The logic of making us wait two hours to face the same exact problem is what made me take a star off the review. Luckily, I can stand and walk a little with help and my chair can fold, but having to make several trips up and down with a folded chair and then me was definitely a big inconvenience. Had I been travelling with a motorized wheelchair or not been able to walk this would have been a huge deal breaker and I'd have been forced to figure out an elsewhere to stay, so travelers with disabilities be aware! Once I did get to the room, it was big enough for me to roll around in the chair. The bathroom was cruise ship small, which was fine for me personally and the shower setup wasn't too bad, but definitely would not be doable for someone who needs to use a chair to get to the bathroom or cannot take one step up. I didn't see the adapted room as it only had one bed so can't comment on how suitable it would be for someone with a significant disability.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at les Métallos.

I am sorry if you feel disappointed about your stay with us.

It is a pitty because we do have a wheelchair friendly room which is a double room and which is on the ground floor, we told you that and you still choose the twin room, unfortunately, all our twin rooms are on the elevated floor.

I know you did wait while checking-in but it was because we try our maximum to provide you a good solution which obviously we did not achieve.

Again, thank you for your business and for staying with us.

Regards.
Les Métallos.
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This lovely hotel was the perfect base for our stay in Paris!

The cleanliness of the hotel was outstanding especially in our room and bathroom, the tiles looked like they actually sparkled!

Lovely interior design of the hotel and made the hotel feel different because it's unlikely that rooms in houses would ever be decorated this way.

The breakfast were great, plenty of choice of continental style breakfast foods. The staff were friendly too!

A brilliant stay in Paris which was only made better by this gorgeous hotel!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Millie6492
HappyManagerParis, Responsable réception at Hotel des Metallos, responded to this review, 9 August 2016
Dear Millie,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Métallos.

Oceane @ Hôtel des Métallos

Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited the hotel in August last year, for a two night city break. It is in a perfect location for transport links, and was wonderful value for money. Reception staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was varied and fresh. The rooms were small but this was made up for by cleanliness and comfort! Couldn't fault it at all, brilliant value for money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear fb,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Métallos.

Oceane @ Hôtel des Métallos