“Love, Love, Love this place”

L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris
Ranked #965 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Santa Clarita, CA
“Love, Love, Love this place”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we just loved it. True the room was on the smaller side, but ambiance made up for that. Staff, very helpful. Dolma answered all our questions in fluent English and even suggested sights we would have missed. For the room, even though small, was a straight up10. The comfy king size bed, the plush pillows, the room slippers, the bath robes, the coffee-making utensils, and on and on spoiled us. The chocolate candies delivered to the room in the evening...a nice touch.

Did not try the breakfast. Instead, we bought breakfast and lunch stuff from the supermarket on the street behind the hotel...prices weren't too bad. In the lobby are daily newspapers some of which are in English. One can also help oneself to a free apple in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I feel so happy that you enjoyed all our delicated attentions.

Hoping to welcoming you again at The Pergolese.

With warm regards,

Nathalie ROTH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Pergolese one night with my husband and two small children. The staff went out of their way to help us resolve a problem. We stayed in the family room which is fantastic if you travel with small children. There are even two bathrooms, if you care for that (we only used one: the cosmetics provided are wonderful!). The curtains, unlike lots of hotels in Paris, are thick and don't let light in. There is even a tea kettle in the room. The beds are spacious and very comfortable. We opted for breakfast at the hotel - it was a good choice. Superb variety of breakfast fare, all fresh and continuously replenished; the lady who was looking after us was incredible sweet. We travel to Paris often and stay at 4 and 5* establishments but Hotel Pergolese was more than delightfully pleasant surprise!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank josephine sarah... s
Dear Madam,

As you know now children are very welcomed at The Pergolese.
i hope your children did enjoyed the Petit Prince cosmetics.

Hoping to see you again.

With kind regards, sincerely.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We visited Paris in early May, 2013 and stayed at this hotel for a week. It is absolutely the best hotel I've ever stayed when travelling to Europe. On top of the good location, neat and comfortable room, the service provided by the hotel is superb. It gives me every feeling of home! It is absolutely a great experience to stay there and enjoy the convenience, the warm-hearted service, and the gentle and friendly manner of the hotel staff, which is unforgetable. It extends our happiness of travelling to this great city and leaves us with a beautiful memory. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I visit Paris the next time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maleen G
Dear Madam,

Many many thanks for your very kind appreciation.
All the team will be very glad to assist you again.

nkdewitt
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. My partner and I (we are both on the cusp of turning 30) were in Paris for a conference at the Palais de Congres, which was about 2 blocks away from this hotel--super easy walk in the morning to the conference center, with an ATM at the corner of Rue de Pergolese, and a DELICIOUS Boulangerie/Patisserie with sandwiches, bread, desserts, and croissants on the same corner.

We weren't sure the best way to get there from the airport, and when we emailed for assistance, they quickly responded that the most hassle-free way was to catch the les cars bus offered by AirFrance. It was 17 euros one way, but for that price we got picked up at the airport and dropped off about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Upon our arrival, a bellhop was there to greet us and brought our bags up to our room.

We were also offered a free upgrade from a standard (double is what it said in our email confirmation) to a superior (we think---it was 179 euros a night before the upgrade). Our room was on the 5th floor (room 51) and it was facing the street. I am a light sleeper, but I was so exhausted from walking around Paris and from the conference that I slept very well, even with some street noise.

Pros: There was an iPod/iPhone alarm clock dock, so we were able to use our white noise app to help us sleep and drown out any undesirable noises.

The staff was incredibly nice, warm, and welcoming. We bought some paella from a street vendor, and by the time we returned to the hotel it had gotten cold. They heated it up for us and delivered it to the room, at no cost or fuss. They also called and made reservations for us so we didn't have to do it.

The rooms were clean----SUPER clean. The sheets were soft and there were extra blankets if you needed them. The room itself was comfortable, and simply decorated.

The free apples at the desk were awesome with the cheese we bought at the market and the caramels we bought in the Marias district.

The courtesy umbrellas were fantastic. We forgot ours and we never got caught in the rain, because they were there for us to use.

There is a metro stop one block away, and a bigger metro hub inside the Palais de Congres, 2 blocks away.

You walk a few steps to the end of Rue de Pergolese, and you get an awesome view of the arc de triomphe---and you have easy access to the entire city from this hotel, without having to stay at a "touristy" location.

The most amazing steak and frites you'll ever have is also about 2 blocks away (Relais de Venise http://www.relaisdevenise.com/ ) if you get in late and are starving and you're scared of French people, this is the easiest nearby place to eat--you say how you want your steak cooked, if you want wine, and then they bring you food. It's that easy.

Cons: The air conditioning was a terrible joke. It just made clunking noises. Luckily, we had a window in the bathroom that faced another building/tiny alley (no noise) and the large windows facing the street (some noise, but we closed them at bedtime), and being Paris in late April/early May, it was perfectly chilly outside and we had a nice breeze. Otherwise, I would have been terribly uncomfortable sleeping at night.

There is a mini fridge, but it's full of mini bar stuff, so it's not really usable as a mini fridge.

The noise from housekeeping in the hallways in the morning can be a bit excessive. They always cleaned our room VERY nicely, and they are lovely nice people, but the hallways are so tiny and narrow it would be hard not to make noise. And, to be fair, we slept in until 9am some mornings, which is when the noise happened--they didn't clean when most people were waking up. But if you want to sleep in, that might not happen for you.

The shower/tub in our room was difficult to get in and out of--I'm 5'3" and sometimes I felt like I might risk death hopping out of the tub. It was pretty high up, so this room is NOT for those limber enough to take a hop from the shower.

The breakfast was too expensive for us, especially for the price we were paying to stay there. We never tried it, because of the cost, so we couldn't tell you what it was like. I think it was 12 euros, and we were on a 1 euro pastry/morning budget.

With all that said, I wouldn't even consider staying in another hotel if I'm ever in Paris again. The bounty of pros far outweighed the cons. After our conference was over, we could have moved to a different hotel away from the Palais de Congres, but we didn't because we enjoyed our stay so much. We were sad that, on our last day, there was a new lady at the desk we didn't recognize and we didn't get to say goodbye to the staff we got to know over the course of our visit.

Stay here if you are a simple person, and all you need is a comfy place to sleep and a staff that will attend to your every need. If you need a lot of room to lounge or spread out, these rooms might not be for you. We had plenty of room for the 2 of us, and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up, the less the noise. And the less likely it is that second hand cigarette smoke will w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lengara_Pace
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Guest,

How nice it is to read your great experience with us.

I'm just surprised about the noise in the hallways with the housekeeping and engage myself to talk to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept, Dear Guest, my most sincere regards.

Cordoba
Reviewed 22 April 2013

A beautiful petit hotel with a perfect service. Personnel with a clear customer oriented attitude, even at night. Nice room, perfect size. Clean and well equipped.
The surroundings are out of this world. A few meters from the Metro station "Argentine", a few more from the Arch du Triumph. Magnificent.
The only thing to improve, breakfast not included in the rate and its a little expensive compered with other Hotels in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
West Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Perfect location as it is about .5 mile from the Arc de Triomphe. There are several outdoor cafe's in the area and plenty of places to eat. The rooms are very small but it is Paris so who needs luxurious rooms. The room has a nice bed and bathroom and that's really all you need. The staff was very helpful with booking reservations and calling taxis as we did not speak a lick of French. I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to crash and not spending too much time in the room.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

First of all, a big warning if you are asked to book and pay for your hotel in advance. You will be asked to present your credit card for 'authorisation' when you check in - but you don't get told this! Its to prevent fraud apparently and to reduce the hotel's risk that you will demand a refund from your credit card company.

I had a real problem as my ex-boyfriend had booked and paid for it, he then transferred the booking into my name when we split up (all done without a problem on booking.com) and the hotel then wanted to refund his card and charge mine when I arrived (without him as they had expected) to check in. No ways was I going to allow that to happen as I had already paid him directly for this. It took lots of to-ing and fro-ing, faxed copies of credit cards, authorisation forms, etc, before they were finally satisfied but I can assure you that my ex-boyfriend was not. I tried calling booking.com to help sort it out without any success. Whilst both hotel and booking.com were vaguely apologetic, doesn't really help when they don't tell you in advance what their expectations are - and effectively they won't let you check in unless you can either present the credit card you used to pay for it or allow them to refund that card and charge you on one that you have with you. I wasn't happy and I won't be staying at this hotel again - I will also think long and hard before using booking.com too. Neither offered any compensation or any kind of a complementary sweetner to offset this horrible experience.

The hotel was really average and not what I would have expected from a 4 star hotel. The rooms were basic, many things were not working properly, electrical sockets were hanging open, the staff were generally unhelpful and on some occasions just plain rude.

The upside is the very central location. But I reckon that you can pay less somewhere else for what this hotel provides - and still be in a very central location and probably get better service from the staff.

I won't be going back, that's for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family