“Best Paris Location”

Ranked #918 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Paris Location”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

What a great hotel! The staff was very helpful and went The out of their way to accommmodiate us. The family apartment was perfect - spacious enough for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. It was great to have 2 bathrooms! The beeakfast was one of the best we had in Europe. This hotel is close to thw metro as well as shopping and many great restaurants. Taking the metro we were a short time to every attraction in Paris without having to pay the pricy rates of other hotels? Have been to Paris several times and stayed at much more expensive hotels that were not half as nice as this. We will return to Paris and will not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Get the family apartment - you will absolutely love it. Beautifully furnished and 2 bathrooms, you c...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Campinas, SP
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Staff is very courteous, trying to help you all the time. Also, the hotel is located in a strategic place (close to Triumph Arc, Champs Elysees and subway stations). Rooms are comfortable and clean. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FabioGennaro
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2 teenaged children for 4 days in July. I chose this hotel because it had the family apartment. It was small but with the private corridor I found the size to be sufficient for the 4 of us. We had an early flight into France and reached the hotel at 8am. The lady that was at the front desk initially did not even want to check us in. She said check in is not until 3pm and that we should come back as there were no rooms available. She said this without even looking at my reservation. She seemed to be overwhelmed as she was alone at the front desk and she was dealing with some other guests requesting taxis at the same time. I realized that at this time of day I was not guranteed to get a room however all I wanted to do was check in and have them store my luggage and we were willing to walk around and come back. So this is what I explained to her and after this she agreed that she could do that. After her initial curtness the check in process went smoothly. We were even able to get our room keys by 11 and not the 3 she had stated to begin with. Aside from the initial bad impression all other front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly.
The location is convenient with 3 train stations within easy walking distance including Charles de Gaulle. There is a wonderful bakery nearby and a supermarket on the street behind. The rooms were kept clean and the tea kettle was very convenient as we prefer tea over coffee. The only complaint is that the tub space was very tight. For some reason the shower head is not at the end of the tub but in the middle making it very hard to shower and I am only 5ft 3. The beds are comfortable and Air conditioning was good. I suppose due to the closeness of buildings to each other it was a little annoying that we could hear everything from the next room. Sometimes this would keep us awake when the people next door went to bed late and made a lot of noise. Sound proofing was not very good.
I had a coupon from Trip Advisor for 10% discount and was not able to redeem online but the coupon stated that I could do it at check in. I had forgotten to mention this at check in but showed one of the front desk staff on my second day and she seemed hesitant that I could use it but told me she would show it to her manager. I was happy that on checking out they honored the 10% discount. Overall this is a wonderful boutique hotel which we enjoyed staying at!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Santa Clarita, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we just loved it. True the room was on the smaller side, but ambiance made up for that. Staff, very helpful. Dolma answered all our questions in fluent English and even suggested sights we would have missed. For the room, even though small, was a straight up10. The comfy king size bed, the plush pillows, the room slippers, the bath robes, the coffee-making utensils, and on and on spoiled us. The chocolate candies delivered to the room in the evening...a nice touch.

Did not try the breakfast. Instead, we bought breakfast and lunch stuff from the supermarket on the street behind the hotel...prices weren't too bad. In the lobby are daily newspapers some of which are in English. One can also help oneself to a free apple in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Guest,

I feel so happy that you enjoyed all our delicated attentions.

Hoping to welcoming you again at The Pergolese.

With warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Pergolese one night with my husband and two small children. The staff went out of their way to help us resolve a problem. We stayed in the family room which is fantastic if you travel with small children. There are even two bathrooms, if you care for that (we only used one: the cosmetics provided are wonderful!). The curtains, unlike lots of hotels in Paris, are thick and don't let light in. There is even a tea kettle in the room. The beds are spacious and very comfortable. We opted for breakfast at the hotel - it was a good choice. Superb variety of breakfast fare, all fresh and continuously replenished; the lady who was looking after us was incredible sweet. We travel to Paris often and stay at 4 and 5* establishments but Hotel Pergolese was more than delightfully pleasant surprise!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank josephine sarah... s
Dear Madam,

As you know now children are very welcomed at The Pergolese.
i hope your children did enjoyed the Petit Prince cosmetics.

Hoping to see you again.

With kind regards, sincerely.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We visited Paris in early May, 2013 and stayed at this hotel for a week. It is absolutely the best hotel I've ever stayed when travelling to Europe. On top of the good location, neat and comfortable room, the service provided by the hotel is superb. It gives me every feeling of home! It is absolutely a great experience to stay there and enjoy the convenience, the warm-hearted service, and the gentle and friendly manner of the hotel staff, which is unforgetable. It extends our happiness of travelling to this great city and leaves us with a beautiful memory. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I visit Paris the next time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maleen G
Dear Madam,

Many many thanks for your very kind appreciation.
All the team will be very glad to assist you again.

nkdewitt
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We had a great experience at this hotel. My partner and I (we are both on the cusp of turning 30) were in Paris for a conference at the Palais de Congres, which was about 2 blocks away from this hotel--super easy walk in the morning to the conference center, with an ATM at the corner of Rue de Pergolese, and a DELICIOUS Boulangerie/Patisserie with sandwiches, bread, desserts, and croissants on the same corner.

We weren't sure the best way to get there from the airport, and when we emailed for assistance, they quickly responded that the most hassle-free way was to catch the les cars bus offered by AirFrance. It was 17 euros one way, but for that price we got picked up at the airport and dropped off about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Upon our arrival, a bellhop was there to greet us and brought our bags up to our room.

We were also offered a free upgrade from a standard (double is what it said in our email confirmation) to a superior (we think---it was 179 euros a night before the upgrade). Our room was on the 5th floor (room 51) and it was facing the street. I am a light sleeper, but I was so exhausted from walking around Paris and from the conference that I slept very well, even with some street noise.

Pros: There was an iPod/iPhone alarm clock dock, so we were able to use our white noise app to help us sleep and drown out any undesirable noises.

The staff was incredibly nice, warm, and welcoming. We bought some paella from a street vendor, and by the time we returned to the hotel it had gotten cold. They heated it up for us and delivered it to the room, at no cost or fuss. They also called and made reservations for us so we didn't have to do it.

The rooms were clean----SUPER clean. The sheets were soft and there were extra blankets if you needed them. The room itself was comfortable, and simply decorated.

The free apples at the desk were awesome with the cheese we bought at the market and the caramels we bought in the Marias district.

The courtesy umbrellas were fantastic. We forgot ours and we never got caught in the rain, because they were there for us to use.

There is a metro stop one block away, and a bigger metro hub inside the Palais de Congres, 2 blocks away.

You walk a few steps to the end of Rue de Pergolese, and you get an awesome view of the arc de triomphe---and you have easy access to the entire city from this hotel, without having to stay at a "touristy" location.

The most amazing steak and frites you'll ever have is also about 2 blocks away (Relais de Venise http://www.relaisdevenise.com/ ) if you get in late and are starving and you're scared of French people, this is the easiest nearby place to eat--you say how you want your steak cooked, if you want wine, and then they bring you food. It's that easy.

Cons: The air conditioning was a terrible joke. It just made clunking noises. Luckily, we had a window in the bathroom that faced another building/tiny alley (no noise) and the large windows facing the street (some noise, but we closed them at bedtime), and being Paris in late April/early May, it was perfectly chilly outside and we had a nice breeze. Otherwise, I would have been terribly uncomfortable sleeping at night.

There is a mini fridge, but it's full of mini bar stuff, so it's not really usable as a mini fridge.

The noise from housekeeping in the hallways in the morning can be a bit excessive. They always cleaned our room VERY nicely, and they are lovely nice people, but the hallways are so tiny and narrow it would be hard not to make noise. And, to be fair, we slept in until 9am some mornings, which is when the noise happened--they didn't clean when most people were waking up. But if you want to sleep in, that might not happen for you.

The shower/tub in our room was difficult to get in and out of--I'm 5'3" and sometimes I felt like I might risk death hopping out of the tub. It was pretty high up, so this room is NOT for those limber enough to take a hop from the shower.

The breakfast was too expensive for us, especially for the price we were paying to stay there. We never tried it, because of the cost, so we couldn't tell you what it was like. I think it was 12 euros, and we were on a 1 euro pastry/morning budget.

With all that said, I wouldn't even consider staying in another hotel if I'm ever in Paris again. The bounty of pros far outweighed the cons. After our conference was over, we could have moved to a different hotel away from the Palais de Congres, but we didn't because we enjoyed our stay so much. We were sad that, on our last day, there was a new lady at the desk we didn't recognize and we didn't get to say goodbye to the staff we got to know over the course of our visit.

Stay here if you are a simple person, and all you need is a comfy place to sleep and a staff that will attend to your every need. If you need a lot of room to lounge or spread out, these rooms might not be for you. We had plenty of room for the 2 of us, and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up, the less the noise. And the less likely it is that second hand cigarette smoke will w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lengara_Pace
LHotelPergolese, Directeur général at L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Guest,

How nice it is to read your great experience with us.

I'm just surprised about the noise in the hallways with the housekeeping and engage myself to talk to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept, Dear Guest, my most sincere regards.