“Great Location & Quiet Retreat”

L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris
Ranked #1,035 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

A few minutes from the Arc de Triomphe and Metro line 1.
...but also quiet.
Friendly helpful staff.
Took a family room which is actually two separate rooms connected by a private entrance.
No on site parking, but several nearby.
Breakfast looked over-priced, but several nearby cafés & boulangeries to choose from.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The rooms have comfortable beds and clean room as far i have used a few hotels in this trip over Europe.Excellent Service from the Hotel staff and have no negative compliant about this hotel even we stay for 2 nights only. Only have good thing to said about it . Breakfast is over pricey for 19 Euros but the Quality is there ....We would be back again if i am in Paris!

Room Tip: Family Room on the 4th Floor is lovely with Private Entrance and Family room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (prepaid unfortunately), ( 2 adults, 3 yr. old and an 8 month old). The service could not be worse. They told us that our children, including our 8 month old, were considered adults. Therefore, we would have to purchase another room to accommodate the size of our family. The second room was full price, and management was unwilling to budge the slightest on the matter. In the first night they added a cot bed and charged us 100 euro for that in addition the room. It felt like we were being swindled because they knew we had little choice.
I do not believe that there is a hotel in this world with such a terrible treatment. We felt that we were convicts and thieves not visitors. I'm sure there are other hotels that would provide better service and a positive parisian experience than this one. Keep looking.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel please.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Doboom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked the family room. An excellent set up with adjacent but separate rooms, linked by a small private corridor, so the hotel can presumably let then individually or as a family "suite" This was the main reason we chose the hotel and it worked well - the rooms were clean, and reasonably comfortable - BUT- don't expect the standard or decor to match the pictures of the rest of the hotel. It's definately "tired" - cracked stained bathroom tiles, the handle fell off the shower in the twin room ( while it was running - hubby had to get undressed and climb in to refit the handle and turn the shower off, ha ha!) This part clearly hasn't been rennovated, but as we had another shower to use, it wasn't a problem to us. Shower screen leaked a bit in the other room.
Two main gripes - the single price of 19 euros for a full breakfast is inflexible. We travelled with our 15 and 11 year old boys. One only wanted toast, I would have had toast fruit, maybe some cereal, but nowhere near 19 euros worth. All but two of our main evening meals in Paris (with wine) cost less than 80 euros for the four of us. A separate menu to choose from would have been ideal. We had to go out for breakfast every morning and tolerate the ubiquitous cigarette smoke with breakfast, but even with two of us having a full (and fabulous) brunch at a nearby cafe, we never paid more than about half what the hotel would have charged. Breakfast daily for the five days of our stay would have added almost 400 euros to our bill.
Secondly, don't bother using the airport pick up service. I exchanged several e mails with the hotel after my initial query right up to the morning of our departure, because the price changed. (turns out they were in the process of changing provider.) Eventually I caved in and agreed to pay 110 euros which they insisted would be the price for two average sized adults, two boys and three average sized cases - Mainly to save hassle. I asked them to arrange it, and explained we would be out of e mail contact as we were about to leave. In the event the taxi didn't turn up,(apparently because I didn't reply to their e mail asking me to confirm it again - Duh), so we got an official taxi at the airport, normal sized car, and paid a total of 55 euros. And that was through busy Paris late on a Friday afternoon. Very straightforward. And on the way back to CDG airport, we were feeling adventurous, so we walked up to the Argentine metro station (less than 10 mins) and changed at Chatel les Halles to RER line B - 36 euros in total I think. (three full one under-12 fare) We were experienced public transport users by this point though, as we had also been to Disneyland.
The hotel transport links are good, but you can say that about anywhere in Paris so it's not a particular advantage. Using public transport to and from the airport, you need to make one change - not for the fainthearted if you're travelling with small kids as the metro is very busy and you have to walk almost 10 minutes through a maze of underground tunnels to get from metro to RER - through crowds. You can walk to the Arc de Triomphe in about 10 minutes, but other than that you really need to use the metro.
Not a lot of good restaurants nearby, a couple of cafes for breakfast - the service was a bit surly sometimes - and yes we did try to speak French! (this has not been our experience on previous trips to Paris - hubby and I have both visited separately).
This was a 4 star hotel - on my previous visit I stayed in a 2 Star in Montparnasse - much nicer, just as clean, friendlier, good breakfast menu in hotel and options for breakfast nearby, next to metro and a maneagable walk from Port Royale station - so no changes needed for airport. Also a nicer locale. If my youngest son had been a bit older I would have booked two separate rooms there and saved a fortune. The only reason for choosing this hotel is the convenience and security of the family room set up. I guess the price is comparable with other 4 star Paris hotels.
I pointed out that the taxi service was pricey, but they were not particularly receptive to any sort of comment. They just kept repeating we would need a minvan for all our luggage and because there were four of us - rubbish! our three cases weighed a total of about 45kg, and I am a size 10, but I tried not to take offence... We did have cause to complain about the prople in a nearby room smoking, constantly, with their door open, so the smoke came into our rooms and I should say that they dealt with it promptly and were very apologetic.
From the pictures we thought this was going to be a smart, boutique hotel and the foyer is lovely. But since we opted out of the breakfast, we didn't really get to spend any time there to appreciate it, and our rooms were definately a bit tired and did not match this standard. We all enjoyed Paris hugely, but were disappointed by the hotel. Then we went to Nice for 5 days..... But that's another story!

Room Tip: family room is excellent set up - secure, but not renovated to same standard as public areas (or oth...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Helen D
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I used to stay at the Pergolèse many years when it was a completely different hotel. I was extremely happy to return and find a first rate hotel in a neighborhood that I really like. The rooms are modern and very tasteful. I had a superior room, which was spacious for Paris. There was a vestibule with a door, which I really like because it keeps all the hall noise out. There was plenty of closet room and a very modern and pretty bathroom. Wifi was free and worked very well - excellent Skype and even streaming. There were two free plugs for recharging devices, something very often overlooked in France. The staff was very pleasant and the lobby area very nice. I will definitely return to the Pergolèse. There were absolutely no negatives about this stay.
As for the neighborhood, it always depends on what you're looking for. This is a neighborhood that I like very much and my family used to live near by. It's a minute walk to the Metro (line 1- which is extremely useful for tourists) and less than 10 minutes to l'Étoile (The Arc de Triomphe). There are plenty of cafés and a few good restaurants in the neighborhood - as well as the shopping area of Victor Hugo. It's also very convenient to the Air France bus coming from the airport (Porte Maillot). All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a superior room, which was spacious with a second vestibule door.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bagherailcane
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not my first time in Paris at all, I am here on business trips all year long and I've been to various hotels, but I never got so frustrated with my stay.
Booking the only "deluxe" room in the hotel and paying 400 euro for one night you expect to get something at least a little better than standard.
The deluxe is may be a little larger than superior and standard but still has ruined furniture (feels very old) and very poor planning. You have half a room cut with the weird ceiling as it is the roof floor.
The shower which is most important thing for me while travelling has almost no water flow, and the water is half cold half hot, not enjoyable at all. Except of the fact you cannot really take a shower (as it is bathroom only and there's no way to hang the shower head), you cannot fill the bathtub as it just gets empty in minutes and there's no privacy at all as the bathroom has no real separation from the room, even not with glass!!!
the managers listened to our complaints and had nothing to say except of the "yes, sometimes it happens that you cannot fill the bathtub (?? I couldn't believe I hear that for real) and the concept of placing the bathtub in the living room is a special design of some designer" Dear managers and hotel owner, you should mention this while excepting the order!! ... after spending an hour explaining all this to the managers, we were offered to get superior room instead, with no refund. The room looks like every standard 3 star hotel room, and not really designed.
No service from managers and no facilities in this hotel. even during the high season and high prices , arranging a good shower in 4 star hotel, deluxe room is BASICS!! giving normal service is basics too, by the way...

Only positive thing is the breakfast, it's ok.
overpriced, not worth it, stay away DON'T DARE!!!

Room Tip: don't!! book the deluxe room if you aren't travelling alone. no separation of the bathroom f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lena I
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Myself and my wife have just got back from Paris staying at L'hotel Pergolese

Just to let you know we had a fantastic time - hotel staff were excellent - friendly and helpful - breakfast was filling and a great choice and the room was excellent. The location was fantastic ,close to the Metro an open top bus-

Many thanks to all staff - for making our holiday fantastic.

Merci

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Hotel Harvey
Residence Imperiale
#1,050 of 1,805 in Paris
Hotel du Roule
#5 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to L’ Hotel Pergolese Paris? Share your experiences!