“good hotel, good location,nice staff”
Review of Hotel Duret

Hotel Duret
Ranked #523 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My mother and I stayed 5 nights in hotel Duret. We had a nice corner deluxe room with a balcony. Both the room and bathroom were surprisingly spacious, considering that this is Paris where rooms are usually tiny. The staff was very helpful, especially Edward!The hotel is very close to the Argentine subway station and line 1 will take you to all main attractions by the river and tge Arc de triomphe and Champs Elisees is within a walking distance from the hotel. The neighbourhood is nice, there is a nice park just left to the hotel on avenue Foch, which also has a beautiful side view of the Arc de Triomphe at the end of it. On the street of the hotel, there's a supermarket, a pharmacy, a chinese restaurant and a great bakery just around the corner. We didnt try the hotel's breakfast,since there are many cafes around that serve a petit dejeneur. Overall, a good hotel and we have no complaints. The only thing we didnt like was the airconditioning, which blew the air straight to our faces during the night, so we were forced to turn it off during our sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FabianeLb

Reviewed 13 July 2013

...the location is seemingly perfect, the rooms small but comfortable...the carpets though looking a little tired and in need of a refresh. I slept well in the heart of Paris, had breakfast in the communual area...yes a little chaotic, but not bad quality. Problems though arose at check out when I asked for a taxi.....it was 7.45am in the centre of Paris and "non" it was impossible to get a taxi...

I had a business meeting to attend and the staff did little to find me a solution...just the rather typicall Parisian shrug of the shoulders...what a pity as it left a bad feeling. Thankfully I found more help at the nearby metro station....and made my meeting by train, tram and fast walking!!

Paris though, it seems, is not open for business in the morning!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I am staying regularly in hotel Duret when I come to Paris for business. It is quiet location. Rooms are comfortable. Very close to metro station and walking distance to Place Etoile. People in front desk and breakfast room are nice and friendly. I stayed few times with my family as well. Decoration is simple and modern. Taxi booking (like in many Parisian hotel) could be a problem in rush hour so I suggest to try to book with yr credit cards if you are in a hurry.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I stayed 12 days at the Hotel Duret and were very pleased with the room (middle size). It was quiet, comfortable bed and there was plenty of hot water and a great shower!! We liked that we could walk 10 mins and be right in the midst of things, the metro was at the end of the block. we went exploring one day and found we could walk to the Eiffel Tower in 15+ mins. If you are OK without all the perks of a grand hotel and can make due on your own - this hotel is the one. The staff could not have been more pleasant and always helpful! Breakfast is expensive and if they changed that I would rate Hotel Duret Excellent!

Room Tip: we had a corner room so only had one wall adjoining another room which made it pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmawoof
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I feel bad because I forgot the name of the lady at the front desk but she was very empathetic to the fact that our over seas trip was starting to catch up with us. She did everything she could to make us comfortable as we waited for a room to check in. the room was nice but could use a paint job and the room was not cleaned to my standard and they sent someone back right away to ensure it was. (this was partially due to the lack of maintenance to keep it looking fresh) however the location is superb, there are several tourists attractions within walking distance. shopping is also close by and the convenience of fresh bakeries and a small supermarket one block up also helped for those little splendors of life ;) convenience it key. I would stay again and hope that the owners invest in keeping the place looking fresh and clean. I hope you pay your staff well because they sure treat their guests like family. ps taxi from Charles de Gaul is about 75-80 Euros take the Air france bus for $20 per person I think

Room Tip: the place is off the main street so it is not that noisy any room would be nice they use a colour co...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The hotel is a small boutique style hotel. Very friendly, with a relaxed atmosphere. There is a small lounge, bar and breakfast area on the ground floor. It is nicely furnished in a modern style. The bedrooms vary quite a lot is size, and the small ones are pretty small (although not unusually small for Paris). The bathroom was very small and needed a degree of agility to use the loo! However it was well fitted out and adequate with nice toiletries. The room was quiet, although some noise could be heard from neighbouring rooms.

Breakfast (included in our rate) was typical Parisian - not much choice but excellent bread and croissants. The lift and stairs are quite small and this is the only fire escape route, so for safety consider a lower floor.

There was reliable free wifi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MyReview186361
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have stayed at Hotel Duret twice, and will be staying here again the next time we visit Paris.

The hotel is fresh, clean and modern and the room we stayed in was a decent size, the beds are really comfy.

The hotel staff were all very welcoming and helpful, and the hotel is in a great location, in a quiet street with a supermarket, pharmacy and a great little bakery at the end of the street which is always buzzing with customers and is very reasonably priced.

We had breakfast at the hotel the previous time we stayed but this time we forfeited the 20 euro per head brekkers and instead would buy a baguette from the bakery at the end of the street to set us up for the day (the hotel breakfast consists of breads, cold meats, cheeses, boil your own eggs, cereals, yoghurts, OJ, tea or coffee)

The nearest Metro is a 5 minute walk away - Argentine, and allows you to easily navigate your way around the main routes of Paris.

There are a couple of restaurants on Rue Duret which looked busy whenever we passed but we never dined there, we did some research before we went (aided by Trip Advisor) and made some fab reservations that were great value for money and great quality (Bistrotters and L'Ange 20) especially for Paris, as is Hotel Duret.

(We stayed as a couple, celebrating my Husband's 30th Birthday, our wee son was being spoilt by Grandma and Grandad back home but I would not hesitate to stay here with him next time we visit Paris.)

Room Tip: In general, Paris rooms tend to be tiny - we stayed in a deluxe room which was a decent size with be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple