“Acceptable to sleep for one night but wouldn't go back”
Review of Hotel Gavarni

Hotel Gavarni
Ranked #1,041 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Acceptable to sleep for one night but wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The rooms themselves look quite modern but on closer inspection are already rather battered. My glass shelf bed side table fell off when I laid the room key on it as it wasn't affixed and the paintwork was pretty chipped. Size is an issue here. 180 Euros for a night and thankfully there was no second person sharing this "double" with me as if one person had wanted to move around the room the other would have to have sat in bed. The bathroom is just ideal if you were ever suffering from a nasty bug on the basis that its so small that if you sit on the toilet you can also put your head in the sink. Enough said. Floors are of stripped wood which looks pretty but means that you can hear every step taken in the room above making it noisier than it needs to be. A shame since the hotel itself is located on a very quiet street. I think that noone had stayed in my room for a while as there was a layer of dust on lots of things including the bathroom glasses.
If you have lots of luggage beware as although there is a small lift it is on each "half" floor so you have to either walk up or down a small set of stairs from each lift.
I had been told on booking that if I mentioned my conference hosts on check in that breakfast would be included but it wasn't and they refused to budge on it insisting I would have to pay 17 Euros. I didn't and wouldn't stay there again on the basis of it- there are plenty of other mediocre hotels to choose from in Paris!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sj1904

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We went here as a wedding anniversary trip and we arrived new years eve and they had given our room away, they made no effort to componsate and blaimed me as it was a card problem! I found out they had tried to charge my card a week before and as I never keep all my money in my current account they assumed I couldn't pay? So gave our room away with no contact or anything. All info on website incorrect! Rude staff and I am French myself and from Paris this was beyound rude! But good location, pretty rooms, tiny shower cubical! Would use again only for location but the price is a bit steep for a 3 star!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank CharlotteFarhan83
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and the whole experience was really good. Its probably a bit too expensive for what it is, although we were upgraded for one night which made us feel a bit better about the price we paid. The breakfast was 15 euros per person and it was very simple and very French. Try it once and then go out on other mornings. Overall, it was very good.

Lisbon, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I recentlg booked a small group into this hotel, and they had a great time I was staying with the rest of the group at a nearby hotel, but was able to get by and check the property out. it is very nice, decorated in a classic style, with a nice brekfast area, small but adequate, and the staff was professional and courteous to work with. The location is only about 10 minutes from the Eiffel Tower, and is a great spot to stay to tour the city.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I love this hotel I have stayed there on 5 occasions, it is located off Rue de Passy which has to be one of the nicest streets in terms of shopping and ( Zara- Zara Home- Zara Man-H&M- Sephora-Monoprix etc) plus an array of chic clothing and shoe stores. Lots of cafe's my favourite is called " my favourite cafe" and a lot of sushi and other french restaurants .. plus a great podiatrist and chiropractor. I love the place. I have stayed in the Versailles Suite and the Trocadero Suite which have a marvellous view of the Tour Eiffel, the rooms are comfortable and chic. If you are a couple I don't recommend a double room, it is really too small. The bathrooms like all French bathrooms are tiny... really tiny, but then one doesn't spend much time in a bathroom. Staff are friendly and obliging, unusual for Paris:) and everything is clean, but the best thing is its location. You can walk to the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and the Bois du Boulogne and the metro is very close by as well.

Room Tip: Go for a suite preferably the Versailles or the Trocadero and you won't be disappointed. Even i...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Naters, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We spent 3 nights in the Hotel Gavarni in Paris. It is located near to the metro and near to the Eiffel Tower. Near to the Hotel you can find really good sushi-restaurants.

We booked a three-bed-room, but in the first night we got a single room and a double room. The rooms were quite small, but very comfortable with a romantic ambience. Everything was very clean. So it wasn't that bad. Anyway we went to the reception to get another room, but at this moment it wasn't possible. But they told us we would get other rooms the next night with a connecting door.

As we came back the next evening to see our new rooms, we were very impressed!
We moved up to the 5th floor and got the deluxe room with a connecting door to the junior suite!! It was amazing! The rooms were bigger and looked very beautiful. We even had view on the Eiffel Tower! We enjoyed our stay in this Hotel very much.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2012

If you want a neat little French hotel off the beaten path, it's for you. Get a junior suite for a little more room. We had the Tracadero Suite that was great. If you're not a big breakfast eater, get the express breakfast that is a plain croissant, a chocolate croissant, orange juice and coffee or hot chocolate, served in the bar that is very cozy. The Hotel is a short taxi driver to the Bois de Boulongue Park. The Catalan garden is great on a sunny day.

Room Tip: Tracadero Suite. All the suites look good on their web site. Try to get one with a view of the Eiffe...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family