Hotel Gavarni
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Aero Hotel(Paris)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspassy metro stationeiffel towergreat locationbetween floorsnight stay in parismin walking distancestayed for nightslovely hotelboiled eggsparisian hotelsmall liftaround the cornermini barbusiness tripcroissantswould definitely stay here againarc de triomphe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Nice cozy hotel in the heart of the 16th arrondissement of Paris.

Although the rooms are small which is mostly the case for the hotels I have visited in Paris, the hotel seemed to require more attention.
Staff are varied from friendly and helpful, to others that are not. Inconsistent.
Bathrooms require work. but room furnishings are adequate for the standard,

Location is great at a 7-8 min walking distance from the Eiffel Tower and Trocadero. Around the hotel is a nice shopping area but less touristic.

Breakfast was good quality, but selection is very limited.

For the price, I think there are options to consider.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
toureiffel84, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Gavarni, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

We thank you for choosing our hotel Gavarni for your last stay in Paris. We thank you you also for taking the time to give a comment on Tripadvisor. We are actually doing some works to improve our little worn-out rooms. Our breakfast is entirely organic and thus it is very difficult to offer a bigger choice to our guests but we are more concerned on the quality than the quantity. We hope to be able to welcome you another time to experience an even better stay in our hotel. If you wish to come to Paris, please check our website an blog to get the best rates. We thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Jennifer Gapasin

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This hotel was booked for a New Years break for a couple. We wanted somewhere near the eiffel tower as we wanted to celebrate new years at the eiffel tower. This was ideal, a few minutes walk downhill to the Eiffel Tower and Jardin du Trocadero, perfect for getting home without the use of taxis or public transport.
The hotel is tucked away down a side street, the taxi man was not too sure of its location but we found it in the end without much trouble.
Check in was hassle free, only the receptionist told us we would have one room for the first night and then we would be moved for the remainder of the nights to another room which we did not mind.
The room was small, but we expected this as this can be the norm by european standards plus we booked the most standard room and so we were expecting basic.
The bathroom was quite small also with no wash products provided, we knew this prior to arrival as it is an eco friendly hotel and so stated they would not provide such items.
But for a city break I am quite happy to make do with the room size as we are mostly out and about for the day.
More important to me than size is cleanliness and the room and bathroom were clean and comfy.
We had to hand in our room keys each time we went out, I don't particularly like this policy in hotels but overlooked it on booking and had no problems throughout the stay.
In the near vicinity there are a handful of restaurants which we ate in most nights and also a supermarket and pharmacy. There is an excellent boulangerie, near the hotel which cannot be passed by without sampling its delicious pastries. Yum!
Probably a bit too expensive for what you get, but due to the time of year all hotel prices seemed to be inflated.
Overall, a good, basic, hotel, most suitable for a short city break, any longer and the room may become a bit claustrophobic, the views of the eiffel tower from outside the hotel really sells this hotel. For a first time traveller to Paris, this hotel is ideal and it is quite amazing to be able to step out onto the street everyday and have the eiffel tower in your sight.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FoodLover311
toureiffel84, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Gavarni, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

We would like to thank you for your kind comment on our tripadvisor page. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our little hotel. If you wish to come back in Paris anytime soon, we wish to inform you that we have a great deal during weekends and good rates this summer. We will be more than happy to be able to welcome you again!

Ms. Jennifer Gapasin
Guest relation

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The rooms themselves look quite modern but on closer inspection are already rather battered. My glass shelf bed side table fell off when I laid the room key on it as it wasn't affixed and the paintwork was pretty chipped. Size is an issue here. 180 Euros for a night and thankfully there was no second person sharing this "double" with me as if one person had wanted to move around the room the other would have to have sat in bed. The bathroom is just ideal if you were ever suffering from a nasty bug on the basis that its so small that if you sit on the toilet you can also put your head in the sink. Enough said. Floors are of stripped wood which looks pretty but means that you can hear every step taken in the room above making it noisier than it needs to be. A shame since the hotel itself is located on a very quiet street. I think that noone had stayed in my room for a while as there was a layer of dust on lots of things including the bathroom glasses.
If you have lots of luggage beware as although there is a small lift it is on each "half" floor so you have to either walk up or down a small set of stairs from each lift.
I had been told on booking that if I mentioned my conference hosts on check in that breakfast would be included but it wasn't and they refused to budge on it insisting I would have to pay 17 Euros. I didn't and wouldn't stay there again on the basis of it- there are plenty of other mediocre hotels to choose from in Paris!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sj1904
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We went here as a wedding anniversary trip and we arrived new years eve and they had given our room away, they made no effort to componsate and blaimed me as it was a card problem! I found out they had tried to charge my card a week before and as I never keep all my money in my current account they assumed I couldn't pay? So gave our room away with no contact or anything. All info on website incorrect! Rude staff and I am French myself and from Paris this was beyound rude! But good location, pretty rooms, tiny shower cubical! Would use again only for location but the price is a bit steep for a 3 star!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank CharlotteFarhan83
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and the whole experience was really good. Its probably a bit too expensive for what it is, although we were upgraded for one night which made us feel a bit better about the price we paid. The breakfast was 15 euros per person and it was very simple and very French. Try it once and then go out on other mornings. Overall, it was very good.