“great location and cute but beware noisy rooms”

Hotel les Hauts de Passy
Ranked #1,415 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Given the price this hotel is still a reasonable place, but you should know what you’re getting if you’re a light sleeper. It is a very noisy location because of the restaurants, although they did shut down about 10PM – but then the trucks started unloading food at 6AM. Small quibbles: there are no coffee makers in the rooms, the wifi didn’t work well, the maid didn’t clean my room until 5PM despite that I requested cleaning in the morning, and the breakfast prices were not posted.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank K12345

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel is in a good location and situated on a pedestrianised market street. The bathroom was nice and modern but the rooms are very small - I found it hard to find somewhere to put my case and wondered how two people would co-exist comfortably! I asked for a quiet room but was given one on the first floor next to the lift facing the street - and, although the street is pedestrianised and generally quiet, the bin lorry came past very noisily at 6:30am on one of my two mornings, which was a shame. It would also be nice to have a kettle in the room.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location close to 2 metro stops, rooms aren 't big but this is typical for Paris, modern bathroom , good bed, Unfortunately No English TV channels, free wifi , clean room and good staff , the lift is very small just takes 2 but seems to work well with this size property . Serves b/fast downstairs if required.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was such a great place to stay! Close to two metro stations, a 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and the little road it sits on has cafe's, bakeries, stores, and a laundry mat. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I've booked this hotel for 3 nights in december, it was so awful that i didn't stay the 3nights and went somewhere else the last one.

First there's no proper isolation in the room, you can hear your neighbours almost as if they were in your room.

Tiny is not a good word to describe the rooms, tiny is huge compare to the shoebox i was given as a room.

If you are taller then 160 cm, don't expect to be able to sit properly on the toilet, which are 20 cm from the wall.

The first day my bedroom was barely done, bed's sheet weren't changed, and bed poorly done (see pictures).
Second day, sunday, despite the sign "please clean the room" i put on my door when leaving at noon, it wasn't done. Again bed's sheets not changed, no towels, nothing.
Called up the reception, after few minutes of arguing she offered to bring towels and sheets, so i can do my bed myself... In a 3 stars hotel!
Then when of course i wasn't happy about it and asked to talk to the manager, she told me she had guests in front of her and hang up on my face.
Called back again, and asked for the manager again, was told that he's not gonna do anything, that he hasn't any contacts details, and that anyway he was abroad now.

I have never in all the hotels where i have stayed all over the world, in any continent, been treated like that.

The ONLY good thing in this hotel is the location, but there are few other hotels in the same street where i would definitely go next time. Anywhere but not at "Les hauts de passy".

Best advice: NEVER go there.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Vaness99
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The only reason this hotel gets two stars is for the great location (close to metro, Eiffel Tower, Trocadero, restaurants and shops) It was also a clean and well decorated hotel (despite the off bleach smell in reception)

The rooms were small, but no smaller than can be expected for a Parisian hotel of this star rating.

Now the bad points........

Having booked directly through the hotel's site I was informed that no money would be debited from my account. A few days after I had booked I checked my account and saw missing funds equal to the room rate. I checked with the hotel and was told the amount had been 'pre-authorised'. When I questioned the hotel I was told this amount would be reimbursed after check out.

Over a week after check out and (paying in full on arrival) I have not yet been reimbursed and have just been told by the hotel that I 'will have to wait' - charming!

Please be aware of this covert pre-authorisation procedure when you book through the hotel's website.

I found the reception staff to be rude.

If you go to take a shower and you think there is no hot water, don't be surprised - apparently it's normal that hot runs cold and cold runs hot!!

It would have been nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom. The complimentary shower gels were a nice touch.

Not the best experience of a Parisian hotel, which is a shame as I am a regular visitor to this city; I just wouldn't return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main street and higher up are quieter. Ask for a courtyard room as they are sl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank N_B212013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was only in Paris for a couple of nights so wanted a hotel as close to the Eiffel Tower as possible, but without breaking the bank. This hotel exceeded all expectations. The hotel itself is tucked away on a pedestrian market street, and we spent our first morning in Paris sitting outside a cafe at one end of the street, eating croissants and watching Parisian life go by. It was the perfect introduction to Paris. There are some restaurants nearby, not badly priced for the area, and it's only about a 20 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, through the shopping district. Great location.

The hotel itself is very small, but the reception staff (who helpfully all spoke English a lot better than I could speak French!) were very welcoming and happy to assist with any questions - whether about the hotel or the area.

There is only one lift and it's tiny, so we usually opted to take the stairs.

The rooms are very small, particularly the bathroom, but they had virtually every amenity you could want (the only thing noticeably missing was a tea/coffee tray), but they were perfectly comfortable. The bed in particular was extremely cosy. There was air conditioning, which was very welcome in the July heat, but the windows also opened - we had a room overlooking the market so it was nice in the morning to open the windows and see all the sellers setting up shop for the day.

We ate breakfast at the hotel just once, on our last day. It wasn't the greatest - there was no hot food, just pastries, cereal, yogurt and fruit, which was fine and adequate but some hot choices would have gone down well too.

They kindly stored our luggage for us on our final day in Paris, so we could sneak in some last minute sight seeing after check-out, and arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport. We'll definitely stay here again. For the location and the overall hotel experience, it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Getting a room facing the street gave a nice view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple