I travel to Paris very often, and stay in different hotels (classes, locations, etc.), and this was my first stay at the Stendhal. The location of the hotel is indeed one of the great features. It is right around Place Vendome, and 2 minutes from the Opera, La Fayette, etc. I booked the hotel based on the pictures, and also on the price. EUR 225 for a nigth in this area is ok. The reception guy was very nice, and his assistance was great... then you also figure out that the hotel is actually really small. The guy is actually the door man, receptionist and bar man all at once... Nothing wrong with that, but if you want to check-in while he is serving drinks, it gets a little complicated. The rooms are small but are very well decorated, and the bed is good. My room had a separate toilet which I really like, and the bathroom is certainly just for one person at a time. One big miss is that you don't have telephone reception in the building... SOS the whole time, apparently due to the construction of the building, and not something they fixed when refurbishing the hotel. Also ask for a room at the back... I was in the front, and honestly, with simple glazing, even if the street is quiet(er), you still hear everything. Don't do breakfast in the hotel. There are too many nice bars around the hotel where breakfast is at half the price, and better. I really don't like sitting in a basement with Nescafe capucino... I give the hotel a very good score as it matched my expectations, and especially in Paris where on these locations hotels are ridiculously overpriced. However, put this hotel in another city, and it wouldn't get this rating, and I would even challenge it to be a 4 star... But for Paris, it is a safe bet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stendhal hotel is situated a few minutes from the Vendome place, between the Opera and Galleries Lafayette. Access airports Roissy CDG and Orly 30 minutes. At the heart of Paris, Le Stendhal welcome you with 20 rooms decorated with style and refinement. They are quite equipped with the free WiFi, mini bar, air conditioning, bathrobe, the slippers, welcome tray and amenities. Mgallery hotel collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Stendhal Place Vendome Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Stendhal Place Vendome