Hotel Icone
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbin mengreat locationside streetnotre dame de parisstayed for nightsroom was cleaned dailyroom upgrademetro stationbusy areaby parisian standardsgaleries lafayettetea coffee making facilitiessmall roomcafes and restaurantsshower gelbeds were comfortableshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room was nice and clean. It was also small, but so are all the hotel rooms in Paris. The staff was friendly and spoke english well. The location was perfect. There were many restaurants, cafés and shops nearby. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The room was quite small but I've heard that hotel rooms in Paris are small ones. We liked this hotel a lot. Good beds, clean room and friendly stuff! Wifi worked well and very good location nearby good restaurants and Starbucks :).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Paris rooms are usually very small and unless you intend to stay inside all day, who cares? The beds were comfortable and the hotel was spotlessly clean. I stayed in room 703 which was almost by itself and never heard any noise from any other room. The bath was almost as big as the room. It seems if you have a bigger room, than a much smaller bath. I shared the room with a friend and there were 2 separate beds pushed together so we just pulled them apart a few inches. The closet is not big enough for 2 women, but we made do. I loved the fact that you could open the windows and have a nice breeze. The location is just around from the Metro. There are plenty of restaurants and cafe's in the area. We did not have the breakfast because there was a bakery around the corner Blvd Des Italiens. Passages de Panoramas, one of the oldest in France with lots of good restaurants is a 2 block walk. Most of all this hotel is very reasonable There are many 3 star hotels in the area but this was one of the cleanest. Sophie is extraordinary and goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable. The only think I didn't like was the changing lights in the elevator. If you have any kind of motion sickness, close your eyes.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi worked perfectly well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Room - I went for a premium room (room 404) which looked like a decent size in the catalogue pictures. It boasted a double bed so I was confident it would be ok. I was only a single person but the toilet and room were very small. It wasn't such a big issue but the layout was also very bad (toilet next to the door?). The bed was far from comfy, the wardrobes were small. These are all minor dislikes. The real problem was noise. and I don't just mean the bin collectors at 5.30am in the morning making a racket and horning. The night before the couple of room 405 were going at it like rabbits all night. I know they can do what they want and, yes, its Paris so expect lots of this but the walls seem to be made of wafer as it felt like I was listening on the sidelines. Not good as I had a meeting in the morning and no ear plugs. I can tell you they had a great time though.

Breakfast - not much to say about this other than the choice was VERY limited and wasn't fresh at all. I was thoroughly disappointed with this. I didn't eat anything and decided to skip it.

Internet - reception was low in 404 and the speed was dreadful. Couldnt connect my VPN at all.

Other than the above, the Johanna the receiptionist was very helpful and generally hospitable. I think she is doing a fantastic job and probably doesnt get the credit that's due. The meeting table on the ground floor is very good for meetings and working by oneself.

Will I be back? Possible if I can get a better sized room. The location is great with the metro just next door and ammenities just a few steps away.

Room Tip: dont go for 404. I checked out 204 later in the day and that was a good sized room with window facing offices but quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam N
AnneSophieICONE, Propriétaire at Hotel Icone, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

good Afetrnoon Sir,

Thank you for your comment which however disappoints me enormously, so much we let us let us put our Heart in work, to make of the stay of our customers, a pleasant moment.
Concerning rooms’ size, I agree with you to say that in PARIS everything is small, apartments as hotel rooms. But if you wish Hotel ICONE also has more spacious Junior suites at your disposal.
Furthermore, everybody usually finds our bedding excellent, I am thus amazed at your remark especially as it is only 2 years old … We tried to find the just compromise between a hard preservation and a supple welcoming of the new mattresses. But maybe should we plan on over-mattress which we could add ad hoc for people who wish more preservation? Would it have suited you better?
Concerning noises in the street, the situation of the ICONE HOTEL is (as you have rightly indicated) a real asset at the heart of Paris, but also has its inconveniences. We can unfortunately not fight against vehicles, fire brigades’ sirens or other noises inherent to big cities, especially to 4th floor where was your room.
The only solution is to specify us that you would wish a room on court, if you have a little bit light sleep. We do always our best to answer favorably to such requests.

It is the same thing for your room’s neighbors. I understand perfectly your felt to have lived it myself a few days ago in a hotel in the USA, the thickness of walls of which was nevertheless obvious.
It is certainly not pleasant at all, but the only solution is to call the desk so that they ask to the neighbors to make less noise, hotels cannot make much against certain people’s lack of education.
Fortunately it is only very episodic, in spite of Paris remains the City of the Lovers! But for your 2nd night, everything was back to normal again with your new neighbors.

Finally concerning ICONE’s breakfast, I am also very surprised of your remark.
We are delivered EVERY morning in fresh Croissants and similar products and fresh French baguettes. Furthermore you have at your disposal Waffles, Scrambled or SunnyUp eggs, Pancakes, french crêpes, fruits, yoghurts, 3 sorts of Delicatessen, a wide selection of French cheeses, cereals, mini-cakes, Breton pound cake, several flavors of Jam, Soft and Salt butter, Nutella, Honey, many sorts of teas, American coffee, espresso, hot chocolate.... Is there anything which was really lacking to you?
Do not hesitate to submit it to us. Maybe other customers miss it. If it is, we shall not hesitate to add it to the ICONE’s Breakfast.

I invite you to contact me directly before your next Parisian stay, in order to orchestrate it as you imagined and to discuss together these various approached points

I wish you a beautiful day Sir
Anne-Sophie ROLLAND

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our brief overview:

We liked everything about our stay at Icone!
The welcoming staff
The condition of hotel
The great lighting in the room
The wifi that works 100%
The clean bathroom
The comfortable bed
The welcoming breakfast area
AND the location...
Small room but similar to all 3 stars in Paris...Who really cares when visiting Paris!!!

Room Tip: Best higher up!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple