“Excellent location for L'Opera area. Lovely ambience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Westminster

Hotel Westminster
Ranked #221 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent location for L'Opera area. Lovely ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is an outstanding hotel. The rooms well appointed. The breakfast (full) delicious. Omlettes, custom eggs, plus usual European delights. The concierge very helpful. Location super for L'Opera area. Discount cards for major shops. Definitely will stay again. Easy walk to all the sites, and shopping;Metro right around the corner. Room is "Europe sized"..suited us just fine. Stayed a week.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your review regarding the recent experience in our property.

I am delighted to know that you had a great time and enjoyed the room, breakfast and our location. Thank you for letting us know that you would stay with us again, I am proud that we were able to deliver you the positive experience and that you brought the good impression about our hotel back with you.

It will be such a great pleasure for us to have a chance to welcoming you to our property in the near future.

Carine Baubriau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

In a very charming building, with delicate decoration and the utmost quality staff to welcome and to support you during all your stay. We have been used to overnight at Westminster Paris Rue de la Paix since almost 15 years now, and each time we feel like beeing home. Team is very customer oriented and anytime ready to support you. Excellent quality hotel, gorgeous entrance and lobby, excellent restaurant and very cosy bar to have a last drink. Room are spacy and very very comfortable. The very classy and elegant decoration brings you directly into the right parisian ambiance. From the hotel you are nearby everything and what best it is very quiet, safe, and in the middle of the very chic street in Paris with many jewellers Cartier Bulgari etc... and just a few meters from Opera Ganier, Place Vendome, Jardin des Tuileries, Louvre Museum et 10mn walk from down Elysee and Avenue Montaigne.
A lot of nice and affordable restaurant in the surrounding.
This is our place once we have a stay in Paris - we are very demanding and we are value for monay driven. YOU'll never regret... WE love this hotel and the team.

Room Tip: This is probably the most discrete and elegant hotel in Paris, but just nearby all the spots to visi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bellomo M
Dear Bellomo,

I would like to thank you very much for being our loyal guest and for having taken the time to share your experience upon your different stays with the Hotel Westminster.

I am thrilled to know that you consider our hotel as your place in Paris, your kind words are very greatly appreciated by all of our team members. Indeed, creating a warm and welcoming home-away-from home atmosphere has always been and remains essential for us and therefore, we pay a lot of attention to details in order to provide an exceptional experience to our guests at any time.

Once again, please let thank you for giving your trust in our hotel over the years, we would be truly happy to welcome you back to our property again and again.

Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Our stay at this hotel was just wonderful! The location is very convenient, so close to the metro and easy to walk to many tourist attractions. The room is a bit small but hey it is Paris! especially in this area (Place Vendome - Opera) I think the price that we paid was reasonable. Our room was very clean and our bed was very comfortable. Staffs were friendly and helpful,thank you very much. We will definitely be back !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FifiVivi
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am very glad to learn that your enjoyed our convenient location and that our standard facilities and services were up to your expectations.

Thank you once again for letting us to be your host in Paris; we are looking forward to the pleasure to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Very disappointing, extremely small room,street noise,no comfortable chair to sit and read, no chance for larger room @ 219 Euro a night.!! House keeping not up to 5 star standards, room service trolly's stored on second floor hallway in front of room. Room lighting, outlets poor, internet okay.
Lobby beautiful and location great. Did not feel value for price. But after submitting guest survey with issues hotel management seemed concerned. Bellman seemed to be the most helpful of staff, front desk staff pleasant but not understanding.

Room Tip: Make sure when booking what room type you have, i know paris rooms can be small, but this was "...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write your review regarding your recent experience with the Hotel Westminster.

I would like to apologize once again for all the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay at our hotel. You can be sure that the issues concerning about the condition of hotel will be taken care of as we are now working thoroughly on our hotel enhancement project.

Your comments regarding our reception and our house keeping service and have been well noted. Altogether we will ensure effective employee training in order to improve and avoid such unpleasant situations and to meet the standards of a 4 star hotel.

Please note that we take every feedback and comment seriously as they are very helpful in assisting us to improve upon our facilities and services in order to succeed in delivering the positive experiences to our guests.

Meanwhile I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to prove that we can be the better hosts. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again to our property in the near future.

My warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed at the Wesminster for two nights during a business trip.

The service I received was great - closer to a 5-star than a 4-star hotel. The staff was attentive, helpful, polite, smiling, and really made you feel like a valued customer.

The room was larger than similar hotels in the area and the bedding was quite comfortable. The bathroom was large, classic, and had all the amenities you would expect. Only drawback is that furniture / decor of the room is a bit old. In fact the entire hotel could use a refurbishment. The decor is very classic French, which matches well with the surroundings and the building.

The breakfast was very good, with a large choice and on-demand eggs. The quality of the breads and croissants was great, and every product used is fine. The service at breakfast was also particularly attentive and smiling.

Overall, I would recommend the Westminster, more for the service than for the rooms. They could be great, but need some renovation

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bel20
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your comments regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast as well as I am very happy to learn that overall our standard accommodations and services truly met your expectations. I really appreciate your generous comments about our staffs; you may rest assured that I will forward them with the pleasure to our team members.

Nevertheless I have duly noted your comment regarding the hotel condition and decoration, please let me offer you my sincere apologies for this fact and I hope that it will not deter your from visiting us again. Please allow me to inform you that we are now working diligently on our hotel enhancement project, including updating the furniture.

Please let me thank you once again for your efforts in writing your detailed comments, we hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the Hotel Westminster in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is the second visit ti Hotel Westminster in Paris, and it was as lovely second time around.The staff at the hotel are brilliant, and so helpful. They extended our check-out time by 3hours because our departure time was later in the day, at no charge. The room was lovely and the breakfast was inclusive and delicious, and the situation is first class. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara R
Dear Barbara,

On behalf of the team, I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again and for taking time to write such a positive review regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the room and breakfast and I very appreciated your kind comment about our staffs, which I will absolutely share it with our team members.

Once again, I thank you very much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. We would be truly happy to welcome you again and again to the Hotel Westminster in the future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

It should have been a highlight of our time in Paris but that was not exactly the case when we stayed at the Four Star Westminster Hotel.

Grand is how they would like you to think of this hotel that is part of the Warwick Hotel chain. It claims to be one of the city's most historic hotels and 4 star yet our room, in what was probably originally the servants quarters, had the smallest of double beds. Luckily the sheets were nice and the mattress was very comfortable.

It has the most perfect location on the Rue de la Paix just steps from the Place Vendome. But I expect more from a four star hotel than proximity to a city centre. This one is living off its past reputation and is doing little to ensure visitors return or travel writers like us reports favorably on its amenities.

The hotel's restaurant, Le Celadon boasts a Michelin Star but was beyond our budget. We had breakfast in the same room and we hope it did not share the same staff. Our breakfast was very disappointing: poor service, weak orange juice, soft croissants and after waiting twenty minutes the missing cooked food on the sideboard had still not been refilled.

The one redeeming factor of the hotel was the ever smiling and hugely well informed concierge, Nicolas Fresneau, who answered every one of our questions. Thank you sir.

Room Tip: Stick to the lower floors and ask what floor area the room has before booking
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BolshyNomad
Dear guest,

First off all I would like to thank you for your kind comment toward our staff, Nicolas, which I will forward it to him with the pleasure. Nevertheless I have duly noted your comment regarding the size of your room; for this reason I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. Therefore I would like to let you know that we are now working diligently on our hotel enhancement project. Also please allow me to inform you we do propose different room categories and sizes, for your next stay with us; we will more than happy to assist you in choosing the one that truly meets your expectations.

I am terribly sorry to know your disappointment about the breakfast quality and service. Please let me affirm you that our Food and Beverage Manager has already noted your comments regarding these points, you may rest assured that he will take the necessary actions to improve our breakfast menu and ensure the effective employee training in order to meet the high standards of a 4-star luxury hotel.

I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perceptions of our property. We all look forward to the pleasure to welcoming you again to the Hotel Westminster.

Best Regards,