“Expensive, poor service”

Hotel Westminster
Ranked #233 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Expensive, poor service”
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

no coffee for breakfast, a dry croissant and still to have to pay 40€ for the breakfast. The hotel has a really good location on rue de la paix and that's the only thing that could justify their prices.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank soydeparis
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at the hotel Wesminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your stay

We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At the Westminster Paris, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to solve the problem and prevent the future occurence.

We appreciate your sharing, your concerns, and its our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

My very best regards

Carine Baubriau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

First time in Paris. Got an upgrade - junior suite - my husband and I just got married and were in France for our honeymoon. The place has its old charm, very Parisian and the location was great! Everyone was friendly and professional. My husband and I had a great time!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Jetsetter,

On behalf of entire team thank you very much for choosing to stay for your honeymoon at the Hotel Westminster in Paris and for taking time to provide us your review regarding your positive experience in our property.

It will be such a great pleasure for us to have a chance to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We only stayed one night on a city break with friends to celebrate a birthday. The rooms were in desparate need of updating, everything, including the bathroom was very tired and a bit knocked about. The reception area and the bar was lovely, very cosy and although some of the seats were again a little worn and tired, overall the atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Just didn't think it was worth the money, even considering it is a great location, just way over priced.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write your review regarding your recent experience with the Hotel Westminster.

I would like to apologize once again for all the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay at our hotel. You can be sure that the issues concerning about the condition of hotel will be taken care of as we are now working thoroughly on our hotel enhancement project.

Please note that we take every feedback and comment seriously as they are very helpful in assisting us to improve upon our facilities and services in order to succeed in delivering the positive experiences to our guests.

Meanwhile We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again to our property in the near future.

Kind regards,
Emmanuel Traoré
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed just for one night. It's not my normal hotel so probably doesn't help the rating I am awarding, however the first thing I noticed, walking in to the reception area the was a smell dirt and damp, not pleasant. Both checkin staff were helping other guests so had to wait 15 minutes, no apologies that no one else to help. The reception was dark, no natural light and cluttered which sets the scene for the st of the hotel. I know you are in the middle of Paris but layout ally needs to be considered better. Too much clutter. After checking in, went to my room via a lift that was big enough just for one person. The room was a double bed made of two twins pushed together, it was a decent size. The usual clutter through out, vases, dressing table in the bathroom which isn needed as there is no chair and nothing stored in it. Step into the bath for a shower, minimal toiletries, broken hair dryer (it blows, goes red in side smokes and shuts down) room had no additional plugs but wireless was free, safe, wardrobe, usual affair and looked out to the high street which was nice but you could not open the window as it was noisy. I went to he bar in the evening, firstly the guy wedge n the corner playing the piano, very loud for a small bar but was nice. Way too many chairs for he size of the room. Yet again trying to cram everything in. Breakfast wasn't good. I read that this is a Michelin awarded restaurant, well breakfast was poor. Limited selection of food, different fishes mixed together with the salmon, same for the meats so gives a nice hybrid taste. The hot food was cold, soggy potatoes, runny scrambled egg and fresh fruit out of a tin. Clearing plates and stackng them on a trolley in front of the guests was order of the day but this is because they have no room. The gym is the same, small but loads of equipment, anymore than two people and you can be stepping ver eaCh other, seriously its almost a health hazzard to exercise in this size room. Service throughout the hotel was not bad at all, fairly polite. Best thing is he location, in the heart of everything with good restaurants in close walking distance. Afraid I wouldn't go back. If you like small dainty hotels and a little over the top, this is for you. If you need space, uncluttered and and fussed hotel, don't go here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

We thank you for staying at the hotel Westminster in Paris and for taking time to provide us your feedback.

Your points are valid and have been discussed and reviewed with the concerned managers. These defects are not up to Warwick hotels standars and we can assure you that we are doing the utmost to immediatly correct the encountered issues.

We truly hope to provide you with the hospitality we are known for upon your next visit and show you that what happened were simply isolated incidents.

Kind regards

Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Westminster for five nights following a river cruise on the Rhone. The cabin on our boat was very small, so we were delighted at the size of our executive room. The bedroom had a balcony facing the street, and the bathroom had a window facing the courtyard -- the best of both views! We were in room 214, on the second floor, and the street noises were not a problem at all. The room itself was lovely, and the bathroom was large with two sinks.
The reception staff was wonderful -- very friendly, and spoke English fluently. The concierges were incredibly helpful. In fact, one of them made an appointment for me with a nearby eye doctor for what turned out to be a broken blood vessel (harmless, but looked really bad) -- and got me an appointment for that very afternoon! (Another plus -- I arrived early for my appointment, and was seen right away -- no waiting around to see the doctor!).
The only drawback was the breakfast. After all of the heavy meals we'd been enjoying on our river cruise, we only wanted a light breakfast. I noticed on the room service menu that we could order breakfast items a la carte. We went to the dining room to see if we had to get the breakfast buffet, or whether we could order a la carte. We were whisked into the dining room by the host, who couldn't seem to understand our question. We ended up paying 30 Euros each for our coffee and croissants. So the answer to anyone with the same question as we had is no -- you have to get the breakfast buffet if you go into the dining room for breakfast. Live and learn!
Other than the breakfast misstep, our stay was wonderful. The hotel is beautiful and welcoming, and in a wonderful location. The staff was warm and friendly. And the executive room that we had was lovely, with ample closet space and a large bed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JSL0101
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen hotel Westminster before your river cruise and for taking time to provide us your wonderful feedback .

Your kind words made our day,that we have shared with our entire team;and we hope to welcome you back in a not too far distant future.

With our kindest regards
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I suprised my now fiancee with a 3 night stay in Paris and chose the Hotel Westminster to stay. The hotel surpased all expectations. The location was perfect, close to the Lourve and all the major tourist sites in Paris. The entrance to the hotel and the lobby will make anyones mouths drop. The chandeliers instantly give you the feeling of luxury which the hotel is 100%. The staff were welcoming and polite. We had a fantastic time and plan to return to the hotel over the Christmas holidays. Loved it.

Room Tip: The vendrome room is incredible. It is well worth the extra money you spend to get it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James K
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear James,

Thank you very much for having taken time to provide us with your feedback regarding your experience with our property.

I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with your fiancee and our services and facilities truly met your expectations . I was particularly pleased to read your encouraging comments about our personnel, which, you may rest assured, I will forward with a great pleasure to our team members.

On behalf of the entire team, let me thank you once again for your kind comments and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel Westminster in a near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2012

This hotel has a great location and an air of grandeur...if somewhat faded...
The reception staff are brusque and classically what one hears about French staff!
My room at over 300 euros was so small I could only get out of bed one side.
Breakfast is good but way overpriced as is a kir at 12 euros.
This is not value for money and I am surprised at some of the other reviews.

Room Tip: Check out your room and complain if necessary
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PenguinTuk
CarineBaubriau, Deputy Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent experience with our property.

I am terribly sorry to learn that our standard facilities and services did not fulfil your expectations, please let me express my sincerest apologies for these facts. I have well noted your comment regarding the size of your room; I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.

I am pleased to know that you liked our breakfast; however I am sorry to know that you found it to be overpriced. I truly regret to learn that you did not feel the value for money, please note that we are working very hard to maintain the high standard of a 4 star luxury hotel and to meet the satisfactions of our guests, I assure that we will work on our drawbacks striving constantly towards improvement and high-quality customer service.

Once again, I would like to apologize for all the conveniences that you encountered during your stay, I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our property.

With warmest regards