“A hotel to return to”

Ranked #234 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Adelaide, Australia
“A hotel to return to”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Westminster Hotel was near every thing we wanted to see in Paris on this trip. This combined with the excellent accommodation, service and food made our 3 day stay a wonderful experience. The staff were very helpful. We enjoyed the wonderful floral displays in the entrance and foyer which set the tone for the whole hotel and experience

Room Tip: Rooms looking over the street gave a great view of the hustle of the street below without the noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are honoured that, for your stay, you have taken the time to leave your review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.
Our Staff ambassadors make great efforts to ensure that all our guests can enjoy a pleasant stay. Please rest assured I have shared your magnificent words with them.

We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Paris

Emmanuel Traoré

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Kansas City
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great location and absolutely great staff.
I spent 9 days in August and the stay was as perfect as was the weather.
There are 3 different subway stops within 2 or 3 blocks and the Opera bus stop is just up the street as well. The 12 Euro train ride from de Gaulle airport was somewhat interesting itself. The Louvre, Notre Dame and the Seine are 10 to 15 minute walks. Running in the area was beautiful.

I would generally get done with work after 9 and found 20 restaurants in a 5 minute walk open that late. A bit further and there were places open until 11 pm with gyros to escargot.
The concierges knew restaurants to visit, how to save money and time at the Louvre (buy your ticket at the Hotel) and even where to replace a pair of reading glasses I had left at home; thank you Nick and Gael both who remembered my name after the first day.
The housekeeping staff kept the rooms spotless and refreshed.

I did not have the chance to use the spa due to my schedule but I did get to go in for a minute - it was nice, clean and had new gym equipment for those who wished to workout too.
My bed was very comfortable and HUGE, the room was very spacious and the window allowed me a view of Place Vendome and also towards Opera.
The morning sun would break through the window and later in the day the evenings glow and then darkness would slowly glide down the road outside. Lovely at any time of the day.

I do plan on going back.

Room Tip: I do not think there are any bad rooms, this is a relatively quiet area of the town.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for the very positive review of our hotel.

Our ambassadors are truly passionate about their profession, they bring the hotel to life, a ray of sunshine to everyday life and place their considerable talents at the service of our guests.

Please rest assured I will share your kind words with all our ambassadors.

On behalf of all ambassadors we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We just took our third trip to Paris but the first time we stay at Hotel Westminster. We loved it. Rooms are a nice size (they are going through renovation and we had a non-renovated room but it was still fine). The location is fabulous and the staff is so very helpful. Our next trip to Paris we are definitely staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review about your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It goes without saying that we really appreciate such positive feedbacks about our location, our staff, and our overall service.

Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at Hotel Westminster in June. My meeting was at the Science Center on the outskirts of town and I found it very easy to take the subway back and forth on the meeting days. My wife and I did a lot of sight seeing when I wasn't at the meeting and the location was excellent. We walked to Notre Dame (about 30 min) and saw St. Chappell and the Louvre on the way back to the hotel. The hotel is in an older building but I found it had character. The only annoying part about the room was that the glass on the bathtub only covered half the tub and water got everywhere when I took a shower. I thought the breakfast was excellent - lots of good bread, cheese, meats. The staff were very nice and helpful. The Roissy bus stop was close to the hotel and we used that to get back and forth to the airport. I would recommend staying at the Hotel Westminster.

• Stayed June 2013

We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Paris

New york
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was our second visit to the hotel this year
We were treated royally by all the staff-the reception and concierge desks
Have exceptional people
Our room was more than comfortable,clean, and quiet
Once again the location cannot be beat
The general manager, mr.toare, was very attentive to every need -
We cannot wait to return again
Susan L

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was wonderful to have the pleasure to welcoming you back at The Hotel Westminster Paris and thank you for taking the time again to leave a review here on TripAdvisor.

We highly appreciate our loyal guests and it delights me that our ambassadors took great care of you during your Stay.

Your kind words give us great joy. Our ambassadors take great pride in providing excellent service and I have shared your nice comment with all of them.

We are privileged with your intention to stay with us next year and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My colleage and I arrived at 830 am. We requested an early check-in but we were told the room was not ready. Whether it was not yet fixed or it was occupied I couldn't say.

So we requested to use the gym/spa to shower before going to our meeting at noon. At first they gave us 1 key card. I asked why we can't have two - 1 for each of us. Yes we are colleagues travelling together but we are not a couple. The answer was something to the effect that they do not usually let the gym/spa used so 1 key card should be enough. [--]. Anyway I guess they saw our incredulity and gave us another card. So I went ahead while my colleague was checking in. Guess what, my key card doesn't work and neither does my colleagues. Luckily someone was coming out and held the door open for us.

Anyway, they held on to our suitcases and when we came back at 11pm they had already delivered it to our rooms. That's was nice and very convenient after a tiring day.

The room was decent and acceptable. You are located in a traditional, parisian old building. You do have modern amenities such as a flat screen tv, mini bar, dryer. The bathroom is huge although I never liked the tub where you need to take a shower but the glass only covers half the tub. result? water outside the tub.

Breakfast was ordinary. It opens only at 7am. I guess if you are a tourist that's fine. But if you are there on business you may need it to be a little bit earlier.

Check out is at 12 but I checked out as I couldn't come back to my meeting. They held it until I picked it up in the evening and no issues there.

Overall decent price-quality ratio at Eur 269 incl bfast

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the hotel Westminster and for taking time to provide us your feedback regarding your stay.

I wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the fitness but please rest assured we have shared your feedbacks with our team.

We appreciate your feedback, which will help us to improve our quality of service.

Once again, I would like to apologize for all the conveniences that you encountered during your stay, I hope that you will accept to give us another chance to change your perception of our property.

Yours sincerely,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Westminster for seven nights in September. The best aspect of this hotel is the location just north of Place Vendome. It was great for walking to some of the major sites in Paris like the Louvre, Champs Elysee and Arc de Triomphe and was also very convenient to the Opera Metro station and a short walk to the major department stores like Galleries Lafayette and Printemps. The hotel itself had an appealing old world charm and looked great in the photos online. However, in reality, our room was quite tired with a re-enameled bathtub that was peeling, an overly firm mattress (OK if you like it llke that), broken hinges on the writing desk and a constant musty smell as there was no ventilation in the bathroom (had to open the window to let air in). The night concierge, Gael, was one of the most enthusiastic and helpful people in the hotel, the daytime concierge almost the opposite. You have to walk up a flight of stairs to access the slow, tiny lift (which only fits two people and their suitcases at one time) via a narrow landing whilst opening a heavy, self closing door. Not the easiest thing to do with your hands full. The price you pay to stay here is really for the convenient location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Emmanuel T, General Manager at Hotel Westminster, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make your observations regarding your most recent stay at The Westminster Paris.
We are indeed conveniently located for all our guests. Luxurious shopping areas, beautiful museums are all within walking distance.
Your constructive feedback regarding your experiences is much appreciated. As your feedback is considered as a valuable tool to ensure consistency in our usually high level service, we have shared your feedback with our ambassadors.
I would like to let you know that we are now working on our hotel enhancement project so you may rest assured that the problem concerning this point will be taken care of.

Yours sincerely,